Main > Retail vendors

THE ARCADE SHOP at GAMEROOM DESIGNS - Arcade Systems, Kits, Parts & Accessories

<< < (2/161) > >>

Rick:
Voting time!

I will be doing my best to get a prototype created for each of these three models, but if you had the choice, which one would you buy? As I'm sure you will notice, each of the models I am working on are inspired by the most famous and recognizable cabinets we all know and love.

What do you think? Which model would you be most interested in?

Follow-up question: If YOU were designing a line of bartops, which full-size arcade cabinet would YOU want to see as a bartop cabinet?

yotsuya:

--- Quote from: Rick on August 16, 2013, 12:35:46 pm ---Voting time!

I will be doing my best to get a prototype created for each of these three models, but if you had the choice, which one would you buy? As I'm sure you will notice, each of the models I am working on are inspired by the most famous and recognizable cabinets we all know and love.

Follow-up question: If YOU were designing a line of bartops, which full-size arcade cabinet would YOU want to see as a bartop cabinet?

--- End quote ---

The Titan looks like a CoryBee Special.

Rick:

--- Quote from: yotsuya on August 16, 2013, 12:49:09 pm ---The Titan looks like a CoryBee Special.
--- End quote ---

Then I'm in good company, for sure!

:D

Originally, I was inspired by the distinct lines of the Taito cabs.

rablack97:

--- Quote from: yotsuya on August 16, 2013, 12:49:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Rick on August 16, 2013, 12:35:46 pm ---Voting time!

--- End quote ---

The Titan looks like a CoryBee Special.

--- End quote ---

:laugh2: :laugh2: You are wrong in so many ways dude.....

The forum took Corybee under its wing as his first builds were just plain terrible, now the man makes works of art....

1 possibility, 2 too boxy, 3 just no altogether

Also considering your designs are really upright...the way your CP's are placed aren't gonna give much space for 2plr, it looks like your closing off the space, looks cramped, 1plyr doable.

I would say think out of the box a little more offer something a little more exciting.  I know the basis is to save folks shipping costs, but when i look at these, i just dont say wow.....

#1 is a good start though.....

Also, make sure you make graphic templates along with your prototypes.  I know for some its a pain to want to skin the sides of your machine and have to draw up the .psd's.  That way you can send out blanks and folks can get their own stuff printed, especially if your doing kits....

Rick:

--- Quote from: rablack97 on August 16, 2013, 01:17:52 pm ---1 possibility, 2 too boxy, 3 just no altogether
--- End quote ---

Noted, thanks! For the record, the "Thunder" is my take on a Tempest-styled cabinet. I thought it looked a bit boxy, but wanted to get the community's take on it. In my head, I can see it done up in white, with some similar blue/silver artwork on the sides...

--- Quote from: rablack97 on August 16, 2013, 01:17:52 pm ---Also considering your designs are really upright...the way your CP's are placed aren't gonna give much space for 2plr, it looks like your closing off the space, looks cramped, 1plyr doable.
--- End quote ---

That's a great point. I don't usually think of how cramped a two-player may feel, since I personally have an odd play style. (I'm right handed, and have always crossed my hands to play so that my right hand operates the joystick, and my left hand operates the buttons.) As such, I've always had my shoulders crowded in, like I was sitting in a tiny seat in a theatre.

I think I'll consider an additional design for a more dedicated two-player feel. Thanks for the input!

--- Quote from: rablack97 on August 16, 2013, 01:17:52 pm ---I would say think out of the box a little more offer something a little more exciting.  I know the basis is to save folks shipping costs, but when i look at these, i just don't say wow..... #1 is a good start though.....
--- End quote ---

Awesome, thanks!

--- Quote from: rablack97 on August 16, 2013, 01:17:52 pm ---Also, make sure you make graphic templates along with your prototypes.  I know for some its a pain to want to skin the sides of your machine and have to draw up the .psd's.  That way you can send out blanks and folks can get their own stuff printed, especially if your doing kits....
--- End quote ---

That's a great point. I'm sure I can provide overlay files for both the sides as well as the control panel. That way, people can get everything graphically designed exactly the way they want it!

Thanks man! That's all awesome feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version