Main > Retail vendors

THE ARCADE SHOP at GAMEROOM DESIGNS - Arcade Systems, Kits, Parts & Accessories

<< < (3/161) > >>

rablack97:

Tempest does have rounded corners.

I think it's the CP part.  The bottom angle, need to be brought in more, then a line straight down, then drawn to the back.  May have to lengthen the base so it wont tip over.

Rick:

--- Quote from: rablack97 on August 16, 2013, 01:59:49 pm ---Tempest does have rounded corners. I think it's the CP part.  The bottom angle, need to be brought in more, then a line straight down, then drawn to the back.  May have to lengthen the base so it wont tip over.
--- End quote ---

Good call. I think with a bit of a redesign (I don't think I'd continue the base as it is - I'd 'cut' just below the CP section) that we could have a winner. I do see what you mean, with the base of the CP being a much more 'extreme' angle!

opt2not:
Personal Preference: bartop's should only be 1 player. The cabs are smaller, easier to place on a bar without taking up too much room, and IMO it looks more aesthetically pleasing.
BITD how many bartops had 2 player panels? I can only think of one, the nintendo cabinets:

And that thing was a beast!

I'm trying to picture the cabinet with controls and Monitor + Marquee plexiglass installed. But out of all three of your designs, I like  Titan , Galaxy then Thunder, in that order.
Titan has the best viewing capabilities because of the taito-esque curves. And Galaxy is Galaga, so you can't go wrong there.
rablack97 makes good points about the angles though.

Also, I first thought Thunder was based off Gyruss:

For suggestions:

Dynamo HS-5

Classic Street Fighter/Jamma conversion cab for most people in North America.

Nintendo (obvious):

Defender or Williams style:

rablack97:
Titan will have to grow on me.... i think its the curves mixed with the sharp angles thats throwing me off.

Rick:

--- Quote from: opt2not on August 16, 2013, 03:00:51 pm ---Personal Preference: bartop's should only be 1 player. The cabs are smaller, easier to place on a bar without taking up too much room, and IMO it looks more aesthetically pleasing. BITD how many bartops had 2 player panels? I can only think of one, the nintendo cabinets... And that thing was a beast!
--- End quote ---

I'm in agreement there. I think, if you're planning on playing a bartop game, it should be a single player. If you want to play two player games, you really need a full-size cab.

--- Quote from: opt2not on August 16, 2013, 03:00:51 pm ---I'm trying to picture the cabinet with controls and Monitor + Marquee plexiglass installed. But out of all three of your designs, I like  Titan , Galaxy then Thunder, in that order. Titan has the best viewing capabilities because of the taito-esque curves. And Galaxy is Galaga, so you can't go wrong there.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback!

--- Quote from: opt2not on August 16, 2013, 03:00:51 pm ---rablack97 makes good points about the angles though.
--- End quote ---

I agree. I'm going to make some final changes to the models, so that there are less (no) sharp angles. It will certainly make any t-molding significantly easier to install.

--- Quote from: opt2not on August 16, 2013, 03:00:51 pm ---Also, I first thought Thunder was based off Gyruss...
--- End quote ---

Ah! Another model I hadn't considered... Hmm...

--- Quote from: opt2not on August 16, 2013, 03:00:51 pm ---For suggestions: Dynamo HS-5, Nintendo (obvious), Defender or Williams style.
--- End quote ---

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I have actually worked out a new production method... ...which should mean that once I've got the designs complete - I can produce any or all of them.

--- Quote from: rablack97 on August 16, 2013, 03:55:09 pm ---Titan will have to grow on me.... i think its the curves mixed with the sharp angles thats throwing me off.
--- End quote ---

100% agreed. I will definitely fix that!

Awesome feedback, thanks guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version