Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Troubleshooting my first cab  (Read 1514 times)

breathsavers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2017, 08:54:29 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Troubleshooting my first cab
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:14:34 pm »
Hey guys, please forgive me as I've done a lot of research and am not sure what to do.

I have a Jungle King cab from 1982 that was converted to a Double Dribble cab. I plugged it in to see what would happen, I got a plain green screen and a slight hum from the back (which I've heard can mean I need a new flyback?) with no audio. I took off the power supply today to replace the power cord because it was in bad shape, and now I get nothing when I plug it in. Any suggestions? All I did was solder on a new plug, but maybe I broke a connection in the power supply. When I turn the cab on after removing the JAMMA harness, I still get nothing.

Thanks in advance!

nagamitsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2014, 08:45:25 pm
Re: Troubleshooting my first cab
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »
Sounds worse off now. The previous issue, I've had with my cabinet, if the PCB board was not properly fitted into the Jamma harness.

As for your current issue, check all fuses obviously first, make sure things were soldered the same way (wires matching up) as they were before, and if you have a voltage meter and are comfortable with testing AC power through the power cord to the power supply, check if you have the 120v AC reaching power supply.

Sounds like no power getting to power supply now, or you fried power supply? (or blown fuse, preventing power going out to components)

Tim

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2017, 08:54:29 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 03:02:20 am »
Thanks for the reply, all fuses are still fine and from what I can tell all the power supply soldering is still ok. I will have to go buy a voltmeter and check if there's power getting through. Thanks!

Spyridon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:28:58 pm »
Post some pics. That will help us diagnose your problems.

My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods