Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: fooling with m2emu network  (Read 20285 times)

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: fooling with m2emu network
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2017, 12:59:22 am »
Forgive me for begging, Sailorsat, but any chance STCC networking will come good at some point?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2017, 01:56:41 am »
Ive finally moved all my cabs out to the garage together side by side and for the life of me I can't seem to get m2lagfix working anymore. Just attempted for about 3 hours

I used to have this working with ease which is the annoying part. It works if i bypass the m2lagfix program so it's not a network problem

Can someone please post a working m2network and m2lagfix ini files to work across 2-4 machines? I must be doing something dumb but I can't work it out

I can't even connect between 2 machines at the moment, let alone 4

I used to have it using just m2lagfix on the Master machine so I didn't have to load m2lagfix on every slave as well

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Bingo!
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2017, 10:46:23 am »
I need some help with the m2lagfix.ini. I suck at Network. What numbers do i need to put in?
Master: 192.168.1.86
Slave:   192:168.1.238

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2018, 04:00:49 pm »
gonna bump this post since it's relevant

I was messing with m2 emulator and found a way to link up in Sega Touring Car Championship. But only 2 player so far, can't seem to get it working 4 player yet

obviously set up game as per usual with master as Car 1 and slave as Car 2.  Exit the test mode at the same time on both pcs

Will connect and go ingame and work properly!  :cheers:

sometimes it did freeze on the connected screen however and never load attract mode which resulted in me having to exit and try again

Now previously we were kinda doing this but we only went to test menu and back out on the master and we never did it with slave which resulted in some conflict id happening sometimes and once they went ingame they didn't even seem to link up as you would press start and nothing popped up on other pc etc

I tried this 4 player too before, but could never get the attract mode to load after trying 4-5 times with my wife. Exiting test mode at same time always resulted in them connecting and just staying on that screen

Agent47

• Offline Offline
  • SEGA 4-Life
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2018, 05:05:28 pm »
Great find!  I just tried this and was able to connect with 2 players linked.  The attract mode screen says 2 players wanted and when one player inserts a coin, the second screen goes to the "waiting entry" screen like normal.  However, when I start a 2 player race, I don't see the other player and even the count down timer is not synced between the two sessions.  It's like we are playing single player on a linked machine.  I have the ID's set to Car 1 and Car 2 and changed the cabinet type to "twin" on both PC's.  Strange....

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2018, 05:18:17 pm »
Eh wierd

Works fine for me, I see the other car on each pc etc ingame

Not that it should matter, set Freeplay on both. That's what I did

Also you obviously have to go into test menu and exit out of test menu at the exact same time. If you don't then it can do as you said
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:21:08 pm by Boomslang »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2018, 09:13:58 pm »
Mine always goes into link, but then i can't get the game to stay synced, timer issues etc. I thought it was known this is how far the game gets? Still, I'll give it another shot as this is one i really want to get working over link.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31