Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME FFB  (Read 440 times)

Jollywest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 01:37:27 pm
MAME FFB
« on: March 09, 2024, 02:35:00 pm »
Hi, been out of the game for a while and just returning back to working on my driver cab by adding MAME games.
I kinda remember that MAME didn’t support FFB when I last worked on it a while back.
Is this still the case or is there some way to add FFB to MAME games now please?
Thanks.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:52:53 am
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
Re: MAME FFB
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 06:32:48 pm »
MAME does not support FFB by itself.
Depending on your setup, you can try MAMEhooker and/or the boomslangnz FFB plugin.

I myself translate the ffb commands to my daytona FFB board.
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:26:06 am »
Thanks for the info.
I use a Happ active steering assembly interfaced through an Immersion Touchsense FFB PCB.
I did look through Boomslangnz FFB plugin thread but I don’t have any of those supported games/emulators running of my cab… mainly due to the fact I have to run pedals separately in windows and they need to have pedals combined, from what I remember anyway… might be wrong. Are there any supported MAME games as well using this?
I know a bit about MAMEHooker due to using it to hook up recoil on my light gun cab but I’ve not delved into hooking up FFB with my driver setup with it… research time 🧐

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 02:05:14 pm »
Which MAME games are you interested in? Boom's FFB has support for over 20 that I have setup and maybe more that I don't. But, they aren't listed individually since the plugin works the same for MAME. Now, for TeknoParrot, they are broken out individually since the plugin goes in each game folder. But, for MAME, it's one and done.

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 02:28:32 pm »
Ah ok I’ve misunderstood Boomslangnz’s FFB plugin thread. I thought those were the only games that were supported. I’ll give it a go now, cheers.

Jollywest

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 04:26:52 pm »
Does it run on XP?
I can set it up and run it on my win 10 laptop, but on my driver cab with XP on it, I get this error when I run the GUI;
FFBpluginGUI.exe is not a valid Win32 application

…And this when I try to run MAME with the FFBplugin files in the MAME directory;
The procedure entry point InitializeCriticalSectionEX could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 05:07:27 pm by Jollywest »