Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: aimtrak and console emulators  (Read 18238 times)

startreker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2013, 11:11:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
aimtrak and console emulators
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:16:14 am »
I picked up an aimtrak a month ago and took a list of all the known light gun games and started working on getting those systems so I could have the max inventory of shooter games. Things were pretty smooth with with mame, model 2, model 3, american laser games, and action max but once I started to get into the console world it seems like things got more difficult. I am hoping someone can help with screenshots or information of how they configured their aimtrak for Saturn (ssf I hear), dreamcast (demul I hear is the best), and psx (psxc) is supposed to work. I managed to get light gun games working on the PS2 emulator by working with the source code and recompiling it. I'm also secondarily interested 3DO and the CD-I setups but I haven't gotten to them yet so I don't know how easy they are. I also setup the NES, and SNES fairly easily. Thanks in advance for any help with Saturn, dreamcast, and PSX with aimtrak.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
Re: aimtrak and console emulators
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 01:02:49 pm »
How did you get the lightguns to work with the ps2 emulator? Care to share?

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:20:57 pm »
Absolutely. Using psxc2, I took the nuvee plugin and went through a lot of compatibility settings and settled on the following setup:

Port 1: Guncon 2
HID Mouse API: Rawinput
Selected checkbox for swap player 1 and 2 (may not be needed for everyone but mine was originally showing up as player 2).
Then click on the config button
Under reload I set semi . I'm not 100% it is needed but I found that if I aim towards the corners of the screen and shoot it reloads (don't attempt to shoot off screen as it just messes up) and still need to check if that makes any difference.
I checked Use keyboard as D-Pad (WSAD) (more information on my modification later)
Below that is the calibration game data for individual games. Some calibrations work better for games that it doesn't even mention, just something you kind of have to play around with and honestly probably changes depending on screen resolution.
I also checked the box for mouse calibration hack
Click acquire and click OK and aim the mouse and click the trigger over the plugin page and it will tell you that it found your device.

My big change up which is unique to my setup is that I went into the source code and found where they coded the WASD keys in the checkbox above and had it also map some additional keys like the A and B to the keyboard so that games like Time Crisis 2 and 3 and others that use cover were playable. I then just recompiled the source code to produce the modified plugin. I specifically mapped the A button to the spacebar so I can put an old keyboard on the ground and use it like a pedal. If you run my plugin and click the checkbox for the WASD mapped keys the button layout is as follows.
Keyboard on the left, button in PS2 on the right:
w=up
a=left
s=down
d=right
q=start
e=select
f=C button
spacebar= A button
r= B button

I was not able to modify the source code and actually map it directly to the buttons on the aimtrak but thats alright as the spacebar works very well for a natural feel.

I don't know if I can post a link to my modified plugin directly here or not. I don't mind sharing. Hopefully some others can help me with the dreamcast, saturn, psx configuration.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:29:23 pm by startreker »

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 08:33:54 pm »
That's awesome, I will have to give this a try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »
I see there is a place to add an attachment to the posts but I want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules by attaching the file. In the mean time if you PM me your e-mail I can send it.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 11:12:27 pm »
if you PM me your e-mail I can send it.

Just click on the icon on the left under his username and you can send him an e-mail.

Scott

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2023, 12:54:43 pm
AW: aimtrak and console emulators
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:28:59 am »
Which ps2 light gun games run fine on pcsx2?

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 08:51:08 am »
Pm sent

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:17:01 pm »
Sent as you have probably seen. I also wanted to make it known a very big discovery that I got from talking with Andy at aimtrak. You can use the topgun drivers to make the aimtrak work on the PC in guncon mode. I just tried it a few minutes ago and the right button works perfectly in PS2. For some reason the left button wasn't work but that isn't really a big deal. I loaded up PCSXR with the nuvee plugin and went through the steps with my lightgun in guncon mode and the gun along with the right button were again working perfectly in guncon2 mode!! I can notch off PS1 and PS2 from my aimtrak list.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 08:25:30 pm »
So how did you that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:51:50 pm »
Basically you disconnect the aimtrak and hold down the two side buttons and plug it back into the PC. You can pick up the topgun drivers online and go into your device manager, find unknown device and tell it you want to update drivers and point it at the topgun drivers and you will be all set.

stigzler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 03:01:48 pm
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time....
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »
Hi startrekker.

At last - I've been struggling with Aimtraks and pcsx2 for about a month!

Have two OEM aimtraks (where you buy the sensor and bar + fit in your own guns) - so not sure i can do the "Hold two buttons down when plugin" trick for the topgun drivers.

Your settings finally got me somewhere with getting this working. Some questions though:

1) DO you use nuvee_ps2_pad or nuvee_ps2_usb (i.e. use the usb or controller plugin)?

2) Is there any way to get your modified nuvee plugin? I'm getting stuck at gun calibration screens because can't send A or B button.

3) using this code - if I used x-padder - I could map the other buttons on my gun to the keyboard, which in turn would be mapped to PS2 controls?

4) Which topgun drivers? do you have a link? Can I actually use this with my AimTrak build, given I didn't buy the gun pre-made?

Really hoping I can finally put this issue to bed! Been doing my head in for weeks! Pcsx2 is such a good emulator - just really let down by the lightgun support.

cheers

Nitro0602

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:53:18 pm
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 03:43:07 pm »
Thinking of buying the aimtrak, really want it to work with the dreamcast and psx... let me know if you get it to work with DC, I will also look into as well.. best of luck!

I picked up an aimtrak a month ago and took a list of all the known light gun games and started working on getting those systems so I could have the max inventory of shooter games. Things were pretty smooth with with mame, model 2, model 3, american laser games, and action max but once I started to get into the console world it seems like things got more difficult. I am hoping someone can help with screenshots or information of how they configured their aimtrak for Saturn (ssf I hear), dreamcast (demul I hear is the best), and psx (psxc) is supposed to work. I managed to get light gun games working on the PS2 emulator by working with the source code and recompiling it. I'm also secondarily interested 3DO and the CD-I setups but I haven't gotten to them yet so I don't know how easy they are. I also setup the NES, and SNES fairly easily. Thanks in advance for any help with Saturn, dreamcast, and PSX with aimtrak.

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:56:03 pm
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 05:08:28 pm »
PS1 with aimtraks is much easier to setup and more stable than PS2 if you're thinking of setting that up. Google "Pcsxr" along with the "nuvee plugin".

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 02:10:53 pm »
@Stigzler

1. Yes, they should both be in the plugin directory and selected inside the emulator as the controller plugin
2. Sure I can send you the modified plugin later. Its main benefit is with the buttons.
3. With the modified plugin you should be able to do to map it to the keyboard but I haven't tried that myself. With the aimtrak powered up in guncon mode it isn't necessary. I did find a way to make both the A and B buttons work by modifying the topgun utility key redirection but for some reason I can't get the A and B buttons together to produce start for the Ghostbusters PS1 game.
4. Check out the official guide from Andy at aimtrak. He will tell you exactly how the buttons should be wired up http://www.ultimarc.com/Aimtrak%20PS2%20guide%20v_1.pdf for the OEM versions. Just to clarify though you have to hold down the A and B buttons while pluging in the gun into the machine. Here is the location for the Top Gun Drivers: http://www.hkems.com/download%20-%20TopGun2.htm

@Nitro0602
I found out through talking with DarthMario you can play most of the dreamcast light gun games including some additional games that never made it on the dreamcast via playing their original arcade versions and not the console ports on Demul. Demul will work with the aimtrak lightgun and let you play a pretty good list of Sega Naomi and Sammy Atomiswave arcade light gun games with the aimtrak which is great.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:13:39 pm by startreker »

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 06:01:39 pm »
Cheers Star - brilliant response and will have to save this till the weekend!

Doh!! my guns are already wired up - didn't know about this guide when making the guns! Gonna have to hope for luck or pull me soldiering iron out!

Notice on the list of games on Andy's guide - Endgame saying not playable. I can get tracking and fire with the nuvee plugin - just can't calibrate it (although think the a+B are mapped to the mouse right and middle buttons) - haven't tried it directly with the aimtraks.

Lightgun games were one of the main reasons for building my cab - so please tell me their will be an end to setting these buggers up!

I'm just holding out for silent scope :) One of my faves of all time..

Thanks a lot for the response.

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 09:09:11 pm »
Just as a clarification point the guide that Andy provided was for plugging directly into a PS2 and trying to play the game on the console so his compatibility list is on the PS2. I haven't really had any problems with the PS2 emulator assuming you correct the calibration.

The nuvee plugin wasn't built with the mindset of really working with the anything that didn't appear to be a direct guncon, which is a shame. By loading it up in guncon mode the right button will work by default. In the next couple of days I can copy what I did to get both buttons to work. Just as heads up in case you weren't aware if you hold down the A+B buttons and plug in the aimtrak you should see a unknown device (or something similar) with a yellow question mark in device manager. If you right click on that device install the driver, then you select the topgun drive from the site and it will work properly. If you have x64 and don't know how to bring your PC into test mode let me know.

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 05:32:18 pm »
Thanks again Star.

OK - 2 more steps forward (4 back!?).

Had to rewire my buttons in both lightguns - but mapped A and B to Aux and P1.

So - gone through setup. Still lots of problems! But B button working! yay! Probs:

1) On guncon2 usb plugin config - have no games under the game config dropdown - where are these!?

2) On Guncon calibration on start screen of time crisis - can't get crosshairs to align with mouse pointer. Seems to be down and left somewhat and also badly "scaled" (if that makes sense) - i.e. when move to right of screen distance between mouse pointer and crosshairs increases.

3) Settings for the nuvee plugin don't seem to be saved - have to set them up every time I play the game? (Use PSLaunch to remember individual settings for each game)

Now, I realise I have screen scaled - to 1920x1200 (res of monitor. But - I have this working on the Atomisware system (yet to get round to Dreamcast)  - no such problems (although I realise that totally different emulator)

Here's a vid of the problems. The graphics plugin settings and probs with nuvee config not being saved near the end:

Any suggestions. This lightgun setup business is a nightmare + seriously holding up my build. Although, my mission is the same Star - to get all lightgun games working on my cab :)

Thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:37:57 pm by stigzler »

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 10:11:02 pm »
In your inis directory create a file called nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon_profiles.ini

Code: [Select]
VERSION = 3_00

; cmdline_id  game_name
; sensitivity x-y  center x-y
; model  width-height

; 480p
; - (mouse only) use calibration hack

dino_stalker "Dino Stalker (U)"
90.25 92.5 390 132
namco 640 240

; 480i

endgame "Endgame (U)"
89.25 93.5 422 141
namco 640 240

; 480i, 480p
;
; NOTE: Aim a little to the left of 'X' for calibration

guncom2 "(*) Guncom 2 (E)"
90.5 114.75 390 146
namco 640 256

; 480i

gunfighter2 "Gunfighter 2 - Jesse James (E)"
84.5 89.0 456 164
namco 640 256

; 480i

gunvari_i "Gunvari Collection (J) (480i)"
90.25 98.0 390 138
namco 640 240

; 480p

gunvari "Gunvari Collection (J) (480p)"
86.75 96.0 454 164
namco 640 256

; 480i, 480p
;
; NOTE: Aim a little to the left of center for calibration

ninja_assault_e "(*) Ninja Assault (E)"
90.25 94.5 390 169
namco 640 256

; 480i, 480p
;
; NOTE: Aim a little to the left of center for calibration

ninja_assault "(*) Ninja Assault (U)"
90.25 92.5 390 132
namco 640 240

; 480p
;
; - Calibration: hold down trigger after each shot and keep gun still

re_survivor2 "(*) Resident Evil Survivor 2 (E)"
84.75 96.0 454 164
namco 640 240

; 480p

re_deadaim "Resident Evil - Dead Aim (U)"
90.25 93.5 420 132
namco 640 240

; 480i
; - options -> controller 2 = g-con 2 (shooting)

starsky_hutch "Starsky & Hutch (U)"
90.25 91.75 453 154
namco 640 256

; 480i, 480p

time_crisis2 "Time Crisis 2 (U)"
90.25 97.5 390 154
namco 640 240

; 480i, 480p

time_crisis3 "Time Crisis 3 (U)"
90.25 97.5 390 154
namco 640 240

; 480i

time_crisis_zone_ui "Time Crisis - Crisis Zone (U) (480i)"
90.25 99.0 390 153
namco 640 240

; 480p

time_crisis_zone "Time Crisis - Crisis Zone (U) (480p)"
94.5 104.75 423 407
namco 768 768

; 480p

vampire_night "Vampire Night (U)"
89.25 93.5 422 141
namco 768 768

; 480i

virtua_cop_ei "Virtua Cop - Elite Edition (E,J) (480i)"
88.75 100.0 454 164
namco 640 256

; 480p

virtua_cop "Virtua Cop - Elite Edition (E,J) (480p)"
85.75 92.0 456 164
namco 640 256

It was short while ago that I did this but I believe the inis came with the nuvee final pack.

2. The game calibrations will make your life a lot better and should mostly resolve this issue. I sometimes found that a game setting he used for a completely different game worked better than the one he had for that game so I just copied those properties from the other game down the game I wanted to play it with so I didn't have to keep track of the difference in the name of the game.

3. I haven't seen that but it is likely due to the fact that you don't have the files in the inis directory where it is looking to save the settings for future use. You may just want to go look for the ini file he original gave and put them in the inis directory. Let me know if you have problem with that I can just post my ini files to help.

I'm out of time for now but I do mean to post what I did to get both buttons in the next couple of days. Bug me if I don't catch you posting.

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »
Thanks again Star!

FOllowing your post, I did re-download the nuvee plugin from the pcsx2 downloads section, here:

http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/9-plugins.html

As I thought - no ini files nor a ini directory! Pretty sure I'm not missing anything.

Just wondering whether there's a more current version somewhere? Or, where do I put the ini file you very helpfully included in your last post.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:55:33 pm by stigzler »

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 05:51:17 pm »
PM me your e-mail and I will send you the ini files. They go into the pcsx2\inis folder.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 06:17:20 pm »
PM me your e-mail and I will send you the ini files.

You can click on the under someone's username/avatar to send an email.   :cheers:

Scott

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »
Well, I'm getting close to giving up on getting lightguns to work on the PCSX2 emulator. Such a shame - great emulator - but the devs really are missing a trick in integrating light gun support - especially when a lot of other emus out there seem to support LGs.

Thanks for the ini files, Star. That did work the trick for the nuvee plugin (eventually found the inis folder in my DOcs and Settings folder rather than the PCSX2 install folder.

Can select the games + seems to do the trick in terms of alignment.

However, having a prob with the EMS LG drivers being recognised. In terms of installing these, followed the recc'd process - summary here of what I did:

https://sites.google.com/site/alienarcade74/sub-projects/software-setups/dual-lightgun-setup-on-pcsx2-playstation-2

also did it by reseting windows into test mode before doing the NG process to instal the drivers.

Now, works fine (A+B + connection = recognized in windows device manager) UNTIL I restart my machine. Then I get this in D manager when A+B + connect:

(attached)

Tried loading drivers via right click + browse for files - tells me already installed. Also, properties shows device signing error.

Also, other probs with getting off gun calib screen in TC2 (think was being asked for Gun 2 calib)

To be honest loosing track of what I have and haven't tried - it all seems so unreliable that think I'm going to give up. Really miffed to be honest - the first thing I've had to give up on on an entire cabinet and system build. PCSX2 -1 from +10 :(

Not getting much help in the pcsx2 forums either.

Give up.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:23:34 pm by stigzler »

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 04:56:34 pm »
From everything you are mentioning it sounds like you are temporarially turning off the driver signing. I personally turned off that driver signing a long time ago and never looked back. Unless you remove it using another utitlity you should always see the test mode watermark. Otherwise when you reboot you will be stuck with the same screen. Check out this article which talks about dseo which I used a long time ago to permanently disable the driver signing http://www.mydigitallife.info/force-load-unsigned-drivers-in-test-mode-easily-in-windows-7-or-vista-with-driver-signature-enforcement-overrider/  . Until you do that you will have untold headaches.

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:56:03 pm
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 06:15:36 pm »
Startreker, have you got the ps2 lightgun setup perfected?

All seems a bit glitchy to me, having to aim exactly at the edge of the screen to reload etc. Also I seem to get stuck at the ninja assault calibration screen, player 1 calibrates fine but player 2 takes an age, I have to fire in random places for about 5 minutes before it gets picked up, and then it's way off to the left and the calibration screen won't let me bring it to the right. I think most of my ps2 lightgun games have caused me problems either at calibration or during play. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who is in the process of setting this up.

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 06:45:48 pm »
Thanks Star - I'll look at this when I can muster the patience and grit needed when tackling lightgun setups on PCSX!!

At the moment - can't face it cos just annoys me too much.

As Conner'sdad said - has anyone got their LG setup on emulators working perfect? Would be interested to know!

cheers again for all yer help star

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
@Connorsdad - I haven't yet gotten back to perfecting it all of the games yet but I have gotten it work fairly well with the aimtraks. Right now I am sidetracked on some other projects but I do plan to come back to the aimtrak and eventually work on a custom aimtrak wheel for hyperspin. I just keep finding new systems and things I haven't yet configured and my time winds up going to that. My hope is to eventually be able to launch the calibration files from within hyperspin so the calibration happens automatically but I haven't even begun to play with that yet. I only have one aimtrak right now so I can't speak for any player two issues but I have managed to figure out calibration so far for most of the games. For me anyways, if I have a hard game that doesn't work right with the calibration information from nuvee I just grab another game and try that calibration. I usually find one of his calibration settings works well for every game for me but quite a bit of the time it isn't the one he has for that individual game. So I just go into the ini file and copy the data from the game that did work into the game I was trying to play and as easy as that the game is calibrated. He does have some information up on the forum about exactly what each value means. If you find a shot to be off in any direction you only need to modify the values in the ini to fix it (pain in the @$$ sure but manageable). The only kind of big downside is the reload on the right side of the screen. I have gotten used to it though.

Finally got a few moments on my machine to bring this up for anyone interested. I figured out how to get both the right and left buttons working PCSX2. Along with the TopGun drivers there is a utlitity called TopGun Control panel. In there you can change which buttons presses equal what buttons on the gun. I changed the default profile to look like the picture. It is kind of pain to launch this app (probably going to see if I can't get hyperlaunch to launch the app prior to the game running). I found the current configuration to work with every game expect ghostbuster's on the PS1 because I can't seem to get it to emulate the A+B=start button) piece.

I'm pretty sure the A and B buttons are backwards with this configuration but I couldn't find a good way to flop them. The main reason the configuration is setup like the picture is because topgun things the left button is the select button in guncon version. Just as a heads up (since I missed this myself initially). Once you have the same setup you will need to submit settings after making the changes for the button configuration to change. You will need to separately click the save profile as button (to default would be my recommendation) to make sure the settings come back when you relaunch the application.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:57:04 pm by startreker »

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 06:08:05 pm »
Get in! about 80% of way there now. Thanks for the link, Star - will test the 'permanent' test mode tomorrow.

Nearly there with set up. Just two things remaining:

1) When using topgun drivers, not accurate sight to screen position alignment. Get accellerated x+y (if that makes sense). Center is good, but then pointer exceeds sights (on games, but also on desktop and cursor). Tried using aimttrak calibration (hold down tirgger) but cursor goes off the screen not to usual top left and top right position. This does help a little in games though. Looked at the Topgun calibration tab on the util software - couldn't figure how to get it calibrated right via random changing of numbers!

2) A+B buttons now seem aligned (albeit reversed). See at bottom of topgun util there some other buttons, but the other aimtrak buttons don't appear to light this up. Shame cos one of my 'buttons' is a jack leading to a footpedal! Wonder if nuvee plugin only recognises A+B (and not C, select, start etc). Anyone know if the TopGun 2 and 3 drivers work?

Wow - what a complicated setup! No wonder it's a pain. By my figuring, it goes soemthing like this:

Aimtrak leds > Aimtrak sensors > TopGun Mode > AimTrak driver (??) > Topgun Drivers > Topgun config util > Nuvee plugin > PCSX2

There must be some coders out there who are able to code a new plugin for PCSX2 to simply use 'mouse pointer' input from the straight AimTrak system! And also one which can read additional buttons off guns!?

However, aside from imprecise aiming, it feels GOOOD to get Time Crisis up and working! :)

Cheers again Star.

startreker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »
You have finally caught up where I am. The precision isn't 100% but I found playing with the calibration file values has helped quite a bit with getting closer to true buttons.

I too haven't been able to get the start button to work. I have a feeling it has something to do with the difference between the topgun and the aimtrak. Andy from Aimtrak might be able to help if someone can get him interested. It seems like the buttons just don't line up. I did find a way with the original plugin to add keyboard keys. He didn't have it written into the source code for the PS1 to match buttons to keyboard so that is more annoying.

It is annoying but totally worth it to get the light gun PS2 games working.

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 04:44:03 am »
Cheers chap. How do you get hold of Andy from aimtrak? It'd be great if he could help with the calibration errors when they're in Yvonne/topgun mode. Also adding some additional support for buttons would be great too! May have to crowdfund this one?

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 08:37:27 am »
Email him andy@ultimarc.com

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 12:47:51 pm »
Just for some info - found a way to build in footpedal operation for AimTraks in Guncon2 mode:

https://sites.google.com/site/alienarcade74/sub-projects/lightguns-build#TOC-Updated-Hack---GCon-2-Mode

Dunno if might be of some use to someone.

btw - I'm bloody hating this lighgun setup business in PCSX2 - most awkward bit of the whole project so far.

mike boss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 10:04:43 pm »
Thanks for posting this info.
This will come in handy.

spratkobasa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2019, 09:10:43 am
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »
Thanks for the PS1 and PS2 info!  I have been working on getting SNES to work with aimtrak guns.  I am having trouble getting Snes9x to launch with superscope enabled already.  I searched the interenets and found this:

http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3806

I modified a hyperlaunch script to run the -port2 superscope command line however it still doesn't open with the superscope turned on.  Anyone know what I'm missing here?

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 09:10:04 am
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 11:08:37 am »
Having trouble running Die Hard Trilogy 2 with a AImtrak if i set it up with nuvee port 2 also you can choose profile in config as port 2

i keep getting a message that controller not supported in port 1

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2022, 05:32:39 pm »
Hi
can you send me your modified nuvee plugin? where A is spacebar and B is r... :notworthy:
Or there is someone that have it?  Thanks
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 05:34:20 pm by cangarujack »