Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Megatouch Live...ML-1

(1/5) > >>

smartbomb2084:
Any thoughts out there on the ML-1?    Looking for BOTH operator and player opinions...

We have three on the route and for the most part... It is not well liked...

One location also has a non-Meganet ION as a second game that earns 30% more than their ML-1...

A recently acquired location which we are trying to satisfy.... DOESN'T EVEN WANT ONE!  They want a standard ION 2013.. be it an EVO, Elite Edge, Aurora, or an RX.

The sad part is... Merit ONLY makes the ML-1 now ...so far I think they are cutting their own throats as well as ours....What say ye?

lilshawn:
We personally don't like it because then AMI has their nose in your cookie jar. None of our units are online. Profit splitting with a 3rd party just ends up costing us money period. They just want a cut of the profits, they aren't really doing anything to earn it by rehashing crappy games with new pictures and ripping off other games. (come on, angry monkeys? seriously?)

give me the unit for free and fix the damn thing when it breaks down, then we will talk splitting my proffit with you.  :soapbox:

smartbomb2084:
We have almost 40 MegaNet online games that cost about $25 a month to operate.

In a way, the 10% Merit gets for the ML-1 isn't really bad because no more having to buy NEW software every year.

The biggest complaint about the ML-1 is the lack of games compared to ION software.  Merit told me it is because it takes a lot of time to convert games from LINUX to WINDOWS.

What kind of music are you operating?  We have TOUCHTUNES and they take 20% off of the top of our 'cookie jar'...

lilshawn:

--- Quote from: smartbomb2084 on July 08, 2013, 08:08:00 am ---What kind of music are you operating?  We have TOUCHTUNES and they take 20% off of the top of our 'cookie jar'...

--- End quote ---

Well, we never really cared for Touchtunes or Rowes setup either. The TT jukes look and sound pretty good, but the monitors are the...yeah terrible. I have been repairing TT monitors for one of the other route operators here. Probably have to fix 4 or 5 a month for them. Did a few 100 series Rowe conversion kits for another operator and they were a bugger too.

We were custom building our jukes with some Jukebox software some fellas in New Zealand made. The support for the software has basically dried up (there is still bugs that need fixing) so we may have to switch.  :embarassed: The advantage being, that we hand built all the electrical/lighting/data systems. if anything goes wrong, bam! we know right away where the problem is because we know every inch.

It's another reason we never bothered with having online on our Merit/JVL machines... our juke isn't online... the feature was planned but never implemented by the kiwis.

--- Quote --- Merit told me it is because it takes a lot of time to convert games from LINUX to WINDOWS.
--- End quote ---

Shouldn't they just be able to plunk the soucecode for the game into a windows compiler and have a windows program in 10 minutes?  :dunno (debugging and testing aside)

smartbomb2084:
In spite of the 20% monthly debit... TOUCHTUNES ...MAKES MONEY...

An ever growing part of the cashpan is in smart phone payments done remotely...

Don't have to worry about the CRAPPY ICT OEM Bill Acceptors getting a limp Bill stuck in them resulting in a service call...

Are you listening  TT?  It's MEI or GO HOME...PERIOD.

I thought we were PARTNERS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version