Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Fun Ouya Games  (Read 2213 times)

knave

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2023, 03:32:33 pm
Fun Ouya Games
« on: July 01, 2013, 01:39:47 pm »
I made my first Ouya purchase over the weekend. I picked up Knightmare Tower, which surprised me. I was pretty meh about this game when I first heard of it. But I played taking turns with my daughter and it was a lot of fun and super addicting. Playing socially is the way to go.

I also bought Hidden in Plain Sight, such a brilliant game mechanic. We were hooting and hollering at each other laughing the whole time. The race is my favorite. I can't wait to try it out with 4 players.

Edit: I picked up Grow, its cheap mindless fun.
...and Bombsquad

So here's my top 5:
  • Knightmare Tower (bought it)
  • Hidden in Plain Sight (bought it)
  • Bombsquad (bought it)
  • Shadowgun (going to buy)
  • Dub Wars (backed the kickstarter)

There are a few others that I am still checking out or that I just find interesting.
  • Towerfall
  • Grow (yeah yeah...guilty pleasure...)
  • Syder arcade
  • Chronoblade
  • Ravensword

I decided to use a prepaid Ouya card (code) from Best Buy. It worked flawlessly and sent me an email receipt for each game.

Post your Favorite Ouya Games!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:42:03 pm by knave »

knave

• Offline Offline
Re: Fun Ouya Games
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:30:57 pm »
So to continue my obsession to this little box I'd like to highly recommend Inferno+ and Ballistic SE, both from the same developer the games play with vastly different style.
These came out on Android/IOS but they are much better suited to the big HD screen. The dev is working on getting native Ouya trailers but for now we Have these...

Inferno+

Ballistic SE

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:23:15 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:31:34 am »
I am on an Australian forum similar to this one, and it's interesting to note there seems to be more enthusiasm for the Ouya there. Myself, I am most interested in it running a good version of MAME and IPAC support. Oh, and a cheap way to convert to VGA. Would be great for my cocktail cab (I haven't had much luck with PC's lately, tired of spending good money on them)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:36:03 am by danny_galaga »

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

knave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:27:41 pm »
I am on an Australian forum similar to this one, and it's interesting to note there seems to be more enthusiasm for the Ouya there. Myself, I am most interested in it running a good version of MAME and IPAC support. Oh, and a cheap way to convert to VGA. Would be great for my cocktail cab (I haven't had much luck with PC's lately, tired of spending good money on them)

That's interesting, I think it's specific to BYOAC, there isn't as much traffic in the console forum, the Ouya forum I'm in is pretty happening though.

Just so you know, MAME4Droid reloaded works pretty well once you get it set up, I'm not sure about Ipac but it supports many usb controllers, Someone on here has KADE(sp) working...
Anything hdmi -> Vga should work...I've heard both positive and negative stories about getting this to work. It's also pretty fun to have all the NES and Genesis games on there. There's now even a launcher app that you can load that is pretty much a frontend. There's another app that lets you auto load the FE.