Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FR: Skip or fastforward bios/test screens on games  (Read 3901 times)

trick72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:20:55 am
FR: Skip or fastforward bios/test screens on games
« on: July 03, 2013, 05:20:13 am »
Hi,

I enabled the option to skip the nag screens in groovymame. But you are still left with the bios screens, test pattern screens etc that can take up to 15sec. on some games before a game can be started. I know mame is all about emulating and not playing etc but still, is there any way to skip or fast forward these screens so that you can go right into the title screen and start a game?

I know that in the past, advancemame used to do this,by running the game at full PC cpu speed  for the first few seconds that the game is running. So, the first seconds, the game runs at 600% speed or so. This had the effect of "fast forwarding" the game the first few seconds, to "fast forward" all these bios/test screens.

Can something similar perhaps be introduced for groovymame?

Thanks

Ansa89

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2016, 10:40:11 am
Re: FR: Skip or fastforward bios/test screens on games
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:37:57 am »
Can something similar perhaps be introduced for groovymame?
I hope not.: groovymame is about play roms at their native resolution (which is a "plus" in emulation fidelity), not about speed-up roms initialization.

PS: a way to bypass the initial bios check could be activating the "savestate" option for the interested roms (or globally).
Earth could be the hell of another world

Sledge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 05:22:55 am
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:44:13 am »
I think pressing F10 or something makes it go full speed?
don't know if it has been disabled or not...

just checked.. yep F10 (toggle) or INS (Momentary)
take your pick.. assigned it to one of the shifted buttons (assuming a jpac etc)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:02:42 am by Sledge »

trick72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:20:55 am
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:10:53 am »
okay. good tips. thanks.