Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What hasn't yet been done on a cab?  (Read 8416 times)

lcmgadgets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 01:46:12 pm
  • Can u guess what game this image is from?
What hasn't yet been done on a cab?
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:19:37 pm »
I've noticed over the years that I've been on this forum that if I can think of it, someone has done it. & the list of things I haven't dreamt of is at least as long. Lit-up t-moulding, automated rotating monitors, modular controls, rotating panels, wireless controls, LCD marquee's, controls that light up depending on what game is loaded, controls recessed in the cab that automatically slide out & mount when needed, etc...

What I'm wondering is, what's left that hasn't been done?

1 that I can think of, that I think would b pretty cool (but have decided against on my own cab (project IS proceeding, I promise, however glacially)) is the 'bubble tube' decoration found on the old Wurlitzer juke boxes:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=post;board=1.0#

"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: What hasn't yet been done on a cab?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:27:31 pm »
Make your side art be LCD screens...  matched to the game currently selected >:D

UFO

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 06:37:12 pm
  • Im nearly out of unproductive things to do at work
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
Lol! That would rock!

shponglefan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2022, 07:22:35 am
  • Correct horse battery staple
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:37:59 pm »
Holograms?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:57 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:38:16 pm »
Well, I'm under the impression that just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD do it, especially if you can't pull it off right. Some things, like rotating monitors, have been perfected and I think are at a point where they look good and easy to implement. Other things, like light-up t-molding, have fallen by the wayside because it just doesn't work the way it's envisioned.

Then again, I'm a traditionalist. I'd take a boxy, well-painted, well-executed two-player black cab any day of the week (mainly because that's what I would have seen in an arcade back in the day). But that's me. There are some really nice out-of-the-box projects here, and others I just silently shake my head at. In the end, if the builder's happy, that's all that should matter.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 07:38:27 pm »
Holograms?

Been done, at least commercially

Dizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2014, 05:28:04 pm
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 07:39:05 pm »
Actually, someones working on the dynamic side art now.  Although its with a pin cab (instead of an arcade cab) and he's using a projector instead of LCD screens.  Cant wait to see it finished.

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:13 pm »
A 3d display running a retro themed space shooter in the vein of Tempest in a cab could be very nice.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 08:21:59 pm »
Dynamic sideart wouldn't be very hard, it would however add a pretty big expense to the cabinet, and even a larger expense in man-hours getting custom sideart files prepared for it.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »
Dynamic sideart wouldn't be very hard, it would however add a pretty big expense to the cabinet, and even a larger expense in man-hours getting custom sideart files prepared for it.

It also better be your only machine, because once you put another machine on the side of it, the effect is wasted.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 am
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 08:40:42 pm »
I'd like to see a cab that makes good use of UV responsive paint and accessories.
The only time I've seen it done is on Tron restorations/tributes.

I also haven't seen a big buck hunter shotgun accessory on a cab yet.
It's on my someday list.

Another idea I like, but never got around to is having labels above the buttons that are under tinted plexiglass and don't show unless an LED under them is illuminated.  I had sports games in mind, so they would be shoot, pass, turbo, etc.  Also considered using EL sheet to illuminate Golden Tee instructions when that game is loaded.

If you figure out an affordable way to do curved bubble molding, please share. 
I've been wanting to build a new jukebox with molding like that.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 08:51:31 pm »
Another idea I like, but never got around to is having labels above the buttons that are under tinted plexiglass and don't show unless an LED under them is illuminated.  I had sports games in mind, so they would be shoot, pass, turbo, etc.

To me, that's a great innovation.

shponglefan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2022, 07:22:35 am
  • Correct horse battery staple
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »
Holograms?

Been done, at least commercially

Yeah, I thought we were talking about DIYer's though.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 09:01:21 pm »
Well, I'm under the impression that just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD do it, especially if you can't pull it off right. Other things, like light-up t-molding, have fallen by the wayside because it just doesn't work the way it's envisioned.

Then again, I'm a traditionalist. I'd take a boxy, well-painted, well-executed two-player black cab any day of the week (mainly because that's what I would have seen in an arcade back in the day). But that's me. There are some really nice out-of-the-box projects here, and others I just silently shake my head at. In the end, if the builder's happy, that's all that should matter.

I absolutely agree, esp. about the 'pull(ing) it off part'. & I like the original cabs too, but I'm only going to b able to have 1, so I want something pretty spectacular....wait...weisshaupt's light-up t-molding doesn't look good?! I've got all the parts I need for that! Whats wrong with it?

Make your side art be LCD screens...  matched to the game currently selected >:D

That would b cool, except for the problem of having to leave the sides visible. If/when OLED monitors r perfected...wow...

I had once considered the idea of a large, translucent, glowing silicone brain (think Star Trek 'The Gamesters pf Triskelion') on top of the cab, with a servo in it that would make it pulse slightly, perhaps tied to a sound to light type circuit that would make it pulse faster when the sound picked up (hopefully indicating more action happening in the game). ...u can stop laughing, I'm not joking.

Another idea I like, but never got around to is having labels above the buttons that are under tinted plexiglass and don't show unless an LED under them is illuminated.  I had sports games in mind, so they would be shoot, pass, turbo, etc.  Also considered using EL sheet to illuminate Golden Tee instructions when that game is loaded.

Those ideas rock!
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »
I want something pretty spectacular....wait...weisshaupt's light-up t-molding doesn't look good?! I've got all the parts I need for that! Whats wrong with it?

To be fair, that cab was built 5 years ago, and I don't recall anyone since then taking on light up t-molding. My comment was more that the concept hadn't been refined and improved upon, like rotating monitors had.

UFO

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 06:37:12 pm
  • Im nearly out of unproductive things to do at work
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 02:58:14 am »
Dedicated 'Pong'?

Nephasth

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 07:10:35 am »
Snow cone maker.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 08:48:03 am »
Pac-man played with the power of the mind - or at least point of focus control. 

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 09:26:29 am »

Those ideas rock!

The implementation I was leaning toward was applying labels to the edge of 1/4" or thicker plexi and then edge lighting it.
That should make for even light and help avoid light bleed.  Easiest way I could think of to do the labels was to use clear Avery address labels like CoreyB is using on his serial plates (I've used it inside translucent buttons also).  Or if you have a laser like Kahlid74, you can etch them.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,131361.msg1351325.html#msg1351325
Tinted plexi would be used on the CP and it would just appear gloss black until illuminated.

I scribbled down sports game controls one time to see how much they could be consolidated, but I'm not sure what I did with the paper.
Also started to do the same thing with fighting games, but don't think I got very far.  I'll see if I still have the stuff anywhere and post it if I do.

In the end, I decided that I needed to cut back on the feature creep if I ever wanted to finish the cab.
(It still isn't finished  ;)  )

spoot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:04 am »

Lol, sadly I want to do with my vpin.....wont' happen though.  :(

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:59 am »
Snow cone maker.

:lol I forget who did the cab with the beer tap. It looked pretty cool.
Professor Hayashida

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 10:34:59 am »
Well bearing in mind that I do agree a lot with yot's sentiment that there is a "can" and there is a "should" and a feature means doot if it is not done tastefully, I do think there are a ton of things that haven't been done yet.  I'd think you could so all sorts of crazy cool things with Servos.

Think of all that could be done with servos to make more things happen automatically. Forget servos just to rotate restrictor plates and monitors. Lets make a full on Jetson's arcade machine. You could make cupholders that pop out on command, and will automatically slide back in if the cupholder is not used for over a minute. That is not over the top in the least.  :D

On a more serious servo suggestion, I have been thinking about a post on Ricks doom cab that suggested "robocop style" lightgun holsters. I've been thinking it might be a pretty cool little invention to make a servo lightgun holder to hide away guns instead of having 'em bolted to the side of a cab. Meaning when a lightgun game is brought up, a door mechanism will open on the on the cab and lightguns in in holsters will slide out. I am guessing as long as the criteria that the lightgun is back in it's holster and a lightgun game is not loaded, the guns will slide back into the cabinet hidden.

Maybe this has been done already, but how about servos to defranken a panel. Meaning, if you really want that tron stick, how about have it pop out of the control panel only when a flight stick game is started? When you are done playing, it can sink back into the fiery depths from whence it came.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:36:51 am by Vigo »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:58 am »
a bingo ball style dispenser rotating control panel.......

it was almost done once.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 11:03:26 am »
Another idea I've had and still might do is an "arcade wall" of only cab fronts.
It would be a row of quickly constructed facades, like buildings on a movie set.
But they would all be playable and easily serviceable from the other side.

I wouldn't bother spending a lot of time or money doing only a façade,
but it would be neat to throw together in a weekend and have a dedicated machine for vertical classics,
one for fighting games, and maybe another for gun games....maybe one for rotary stick games,
depending on how many old computers I can scrounge up.

The voice in my head shoots down this idea because multiple machines made out of old computers = more to maintain.
I really hate buying parts to repair computers that I should have thrown away by now.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 11:18:34 am »
To be fair, that cab was built 5 years ago, and I don't recall anyone since then taking on light up t-molding. My comment was more that the concept hadn't been refined and improved upon, like rotating monitors had.

Whew!...but you're right--this idea needs to b refined. I was simply going to copy. Hmmm...I guess my thought about 'bubble tubes' was along that line--somewhere in the corner of my decaying brain I had some vague concept of it somehow being an alternative to t-molding, rather than an addition. Gosh, am I going to revisit this? I find myself wondering what would happen if u got some plastic tubing, filled it with a thick oil, & hooked up something like an aquarium pump to the bottom of it... :dunno

& others r right about being able to go way over the top. Sure, cheesy detailing can have a place, if that's your theme--which was my thought when I was considering 'The Brain' idea I mentioned earlier--a cab that was clearly & deliberately over the top. But ultimately I'd rather spend my money & effort on making a cab that's easy to operate & that can play more games well. I like the idea of eye candy that either enhances the playing experience, or that at least doesn't get in the way.

Another idea I've had and still might do is an "arcade wall" of only cab fronts.
It would be a row of quickly constructed facades, like buildings on a movie set.
But they would all be playable and easily serviceable from the other side.

Omg! That's original (uhh...I think)!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:21:21 am by lcmgadgets »
Professor Hayashida

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 11:18:40 am »
Another idea I've had and still might do is an "arcade wall" of only cab fronts.  . . .

and also make it so four or 5 fronts can be hooked together in a square or pentagon for an instant freestanding arcade.  And make each 2 fronts nest and hook together face to face for transit. 

there's got to be some type of computer system that can run four games/frontends on four displays, right?  one brain for all. 

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 11:27:01 am »
I see where you are going with the wall of fake arcade machines, but I think I am missing something, because I think that would either be a ton of work creating a wall to build into, or if there is no depth to build into, then it would uncomfortable to play butted against a flat surface without foot clearance or a well angled monitor. Of course, I could totally be envisioning it wrong.

What I think would work a bit easier is just have a series of cabinets that are like pachinko machines in a pachinko parlor. Same size, but slightly more depth. It would represent the "front" of an arcade machine. They are slim and mounted and anchored to the wall, but have enough depth that you can sit or stand there and have foot clearance. Then when you need to service them, you can undo a latch and the whole side swings out like a door. Mount it on any wall with solid studwork, and viola! An entire arcade with a two foot depth on the wall of your den. Completely stable and solid.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 11:38:49 am »
I see where you are going with the wall of fake arcade machines.....

No you don't.  :lol

They wouldn't be flat.  Take a row of four Nintendo cabs and slice the back two feet off. (I'd make them different shapes though)

The leaned back monitor could either be faked in MAME or it could be in a hinged panel that tilts back.
The idea for me personally was to give the appearance of a stocked arcade as cheaply as possible.
The fact that they would only be 8 or 10 inches deep means that a lot less lumber to purchase/prep/paint, etc.
One side of the cab on the end might even be full depth to give the illusion they are all full size machines.
The back of it would just be open to my laundry area, lol.

I wouldn't bother with coin doors, expensive art, etc.
Plexi would probably be the biggest cost.

EDIT: Don't make me start another project just to prove it can be done and look right!  I haven't finished the last three yet!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:43:19 am by BadMouth »

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 12:08:07 pm »
I want something pretty spectacular....wait...weisshaupt's light-up t-molding doesn't look good?! I've got all the parts I need for that! Whats wrong with it?

You could probably use EL tape as the molding or put it under clear t-molding and you could make it glow what ever color you want.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 12:44:39 pm »
That's how it's done, but clear t-molding really isn't clear, nor does it diffuse the EL light like one would want it to.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 01:11:35 pm »

So it would be pretty much not much different than doing "pachinko" cabs like I counter-suggested, but it goes down to the floor. And you would be building into a special made wall so you can put in more depth and access everything out the back side of it rather than a swinging front.

I can see that working, and being able to maintain a good illusion. I am guessing it would be for a house you wouldn't be moving away from, since I see the biggest drawback would be that it sounds like it would be a PITA to relocate.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 01:43:21 pm »

So it would be pretty much not much different than doing "pachinko" cabs like I counter-suggested, but it goes down to the floor. And you would be building into a special made wall so you can put in more depth and access everything out the back side of it rather than a swinging front.

I can see that working, and being able to maintain a good illusion. I am guessing it would be for a house you wouldn't be moving away from, since I see the biggest drawback would be that it sounds like it would be a PITA to relocate.

Yeah like the row of pachinko cabs, but it wouldn't be built into a "special made wall".  It would be free-standing.  It IS the wall.
If separated into sections, it should be much easier to move than full size cabs.

Linking them like TJC described wouldn't be a bad idea.  It would be cool if they were hinged and four could collapse into the space and weight of a single regular cab.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »
Ahh. Click! Lightbulb. I can visualize it now.

michelevit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2019, 01:46:18 pm
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »
i'm not sure what the benefit of having one mock wall  of 4-5 cabinets running a master computer vs. 4-5 seperate low depth cabinets running separate pcs. The size of it would already necessitate it being built it in sections in order it to be moved, thus negating all benefits of the mock wall design.

Any issues with maintenance ( replacing or adjusting monitors, replacing buttons or other) would be significantly higher.

My next cab will be a slim wall hung unit utilizing a flat screen. Hung on a cleat so it can easily moved to a standing or seated position. Similar to a wall hung juke box kioske, but for gaming.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 04:02:57 pm »
i'm not sure what the benefit of having one mock wall  of 4-5 cabinets running a master computer vs. 4-5 seperate low depth cabinets running separate pcs. The size of it would already necessitate it being built it in sections in order it to be moved, thus negating all benefits of the mock wall design.

In my case, the benefits of the mock wall design would be a reduction in materials required and ease of maintenance.
I don't see what difference it being in sections would make.  Each cab needs to have its own sides with t-molding in order for it to look like a real row of games (probably with some thinner material between them for spacing.  Whether they are permanently glued together or bolted together, they would be made the same way.

Any issues with maintenance ( replacing or adjusting monitors, replacing buttons or other) would be significantly higher.

Why? The entire back is open.  In my case, it would be open to the laundry area in my basement.
Instead of contorting yourself inside a cab, the monitors and controls would be within easy reach while standing.
The PCs would just be sitting on the floor or shelves and could be connected or disconnected in seconds.

Not sure why I'm bothering to defend the idea.
Guess it means I will do it someday.  :P

michelevit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2019, 01:46:18 pm
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 04:15:11 pm »
I like the idea, but have questions...

How many machines are you thinking of?
Are you using a PC?
Multihead video cards are not cheap and finicky when dealing with different resolutions.
Mame does not simulate a keystoned/tilted display? How will this be accomplished?

Would middle machines share a common t-molding/ side piece?

Sound/Speakers?

How would you designate audio from the common PC to the appropriate game?
Will all the game sounds emanate from a common speaker?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:21:45 pm by michelevit »

AGarv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2016, 07:29:18 pm
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 04:16:04 pm »
Well, if you are trying to generate new ideas, no one to my knowledge has created a modular control panel with "sliding" pieces.  We have seen swappable panels, rotating panels, swappable pieces (e.g. joysticks/buttons/trackballs/spinners), but none of it sliding.

You could create a modular panel where each piece (joystick/button set/trackball/spinner) can be slid around the panel similar to the old "letter puzzle" toys pictured below.  A variety of approaches could be taken, some better than others, but in the end it would allow a flexible, modular panel without the need to open up, unbolt, and re-attach each item.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 04:35:03 pm »
You know, one thing I keep hearing brought up, but cannot recall it ever being completed is an outdoor cabinet. I mean the kind you can leave outside in the rain. Can anyone recall if this has been successfully done? I think the most recent one I remember was talking about putting an outdoor lcd into their patio mason work, like one of those grills that is built into the stonework. Then, having a sealed off control panel. I can't remember if it was completed, or even who that was. I'm pretty sure he was a regular here too. My search-fu is failing me as well.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2013, 04:43:02 pm »
I like the idea, but have questions...

How many machines are you thinking of?
Are you using a PC?
Multihead video cards are not cheap and finicky when dealing with different resolutions.
Mame does not simulate a keystoned/tilted display? How will this be accomplished?

Would middle machines share a common t-molding/ side piece?

Sound/Speakers?

How would you designate audio from the common PC to the appropriate game?
Will all the game sounds emanate from a common speaker?

Hadn't planned it out that much since it was just an idea that I may or may not do.
Rough plan in my head is 3 machines,
thrown together as quickly as possible with what I have laying around. 
Each "machine" would have a different computer.
I wouldn't want to spend more than a weekend on it and would probably just pull the controls and throw it away if I moved.

Current MAME builds can simulate a keystoned image, even while displaying bezel art.
(everything including the bezel is on an LCD monitor)

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,113151.msg1201620.html#msg1201620

It would be stupid for the middle machine to share a piece of t-molding with the one next to it.
It would look like a tight row of real cabs, not some new weird design.

Speakers would probably be handled differently on each machine.
One might be set up like donkey kong, another like a hunting game, another might have the monitor tilted back enough for them to be down firing from the marquee area.

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:46:57 pm
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »
One idea that I thought would always be cool but would require completely custom software to use effectively is to have a standard mirror cab that uses a half-silvered mirror with a second monitor behind it that would only be visible when it was lit up (ie displaying something)... you could make your own custom games that used both monitors, emulate games like T2 and Space Invaders and have the monitor display the correct background, maybe use it for menus and stuff so while navigating around the screen would appear closer than when you actually load up a game.

It would be a completely pointless novelty for the most part, but could also be really neat if done effectively.

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.