Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Advance Menu questions running with AdvMame on Raspberry Pi  (Read 5404 times)

jukingeo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2015, 08:25:28 pm
Hello All,

I am currently trying to put together a small MAME setup using the currently popular Raspberry Pi.   I have decided to go with AdvMame / Adv Menu set up as i like the look of AdvMenu and the overall performance of AdvMame.

However, most of my questions I had are in dealing with AdvMenu.   So here goes:

1) Not all of my roms are showing up on the menu.  For example, Space Invaders Deluxe (invaddlx) doesn't show up.   Is there a manual way I can force this into the menu, perhaps using the advmenu.rc configuration file?

2) I would like to have some 80's background music play when AdvMenu is running.  I know AdvMenu is capable of this, but running on the Raspberry Pi, the audio is badly distorted.   I would like to know how to correct this.

3)  Right now I have a gamepad hooked up to the Raspberry Pi and I managed to configure AdvMame to have the controller work with the games, but I have had no such luck in getting the controller to work with AdvMenu properly.   AdvMenu DOES see the controller and it reacts to button presses, but the d pad (the button that controls up/down/left/right) doesn't appear to function.  Is there a way to make it functional?

Thank You,

Geo
"Let me tell you about the time I used a sharpened clamshell to turn a T-Rex into a T-Rachel!" -Buck  Ice Age 3

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 10:19:10 pm
Re: Advance Menu questions running with AdvMame on Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:31:55 pm »
question, are you seeing any child and/or clone games? If not, check some of the options to view them. Deluxe may be categorized as either a child or clone of the original space invaders

jukingeo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2015, 08:25:28 pm
Re: Advance Menu questions running with AdvMame on Raspberry Pi
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:42:37 pm »
question, are you seeing any child and/or clone games? If not, check some of the options to view them. Deluxe may be categorized as either a child or clone of the original space invaders

Would the converse be also true...if I were to change something on the invaddlx file (or a configuration setting) so it would be seen in AdvMenu?

Thanx,
Geo
"Let me tell you about the time I used a sharpened clamshell to turn a T-Rex into a T-Rachel!" -Buck  Ice Age 3