Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Review - Ultmarc U-Trak  (Read 4076 times)

eds1275

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:50:02 am
  • Rock and Roll!
Review - Ultmarc U-Trak
« on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:29 pm »
So I got my u-trak about a month and a half ago. Here are my observations:

Shipping - entirely reasonable price, especially since it comes from England and I am in Western Canada, on an island. 4 business days.
Packaging - adequate cushioning for product, no extra packaging, no fancy graphics, just stuff packed well in a box. Probably cuts down on shipping costs considerably not having extra junk in there. No instructions, all that stuff is found online.

I installed it into a wood panel using some t-nuts and 1/4" bolts. I had to drill out some of the plastic to get the bolts in, but the ones that came with it didn't seem like they'd stand up to my wife's drunken golfing skills. I have never heard of anyone having issues with the little expanding inserts or anything, just thought better safe than sorry.

I got it in the translucent red, but they were sold out of the lighting kit so I guess I'll have to pay for shipping again. I may as well get some other stuff while I'm at it.

The first few games we played on it, the ball was LOUD. Super loud. I kept reassuring everyone that this was normal, and that it would go away. It did, and is now really quiet.

SET UP:
I plugged it in, configured the different axis in mame, and away I went. For a few games, I adjusted the sensitivity, but straight out of the box I found most games entirely playable. If I play a game on the trackball and mess up, not once have I ever thought that perhaps the controls were somehow to blame.

5 stars out of 5. Gold stars even.