Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dragon's Lair mini replica - NOW FINISHED WITH PICS!!!  (Read 9063 times)

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Present for you Grandfather...
Re: Dragon's Lair mini replica - NOW FINISHED WITH PICS!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 02:04:05 pm »
Nice job and the joystick looks great.

What is next?

A mini Firefox or ROTJ?
"I really do feel pity for those who go out of their way to perform a personal slight, than taking the effort in joining the conversation and creating some useful dialogue which would benefit the persons' perusal of this topic.  Yet where would we be without the persistant antagonist?"

LeedsFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 02:47:00 pm »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  :D

As for what's next it will be a mini pinball using Hyperpin. I have run out of room in the main living area for my machines. I live in a shared house and I have no urge to make any further video game cabinets at the moment.

All the ones I've built have been all time classics starting with DK as a tribute to my personal all time fave. Then Star Wars, Defender and Robotron were done because they needed special layouts as they can't be played even casually with a game pad. Plus they fit in the "classics" role. Dragon's Lair was done mainly because I was able to get the genuine coin door and a mini scoreboard to add even more to the "authenticity", and again has it's own place in arcade folk lore.

Superfrog

• Offline Offline
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 05:00:02 pm »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  :D

As for what's next it will be a mini pinball using Hyperpin. I have run out of room in the main living area for my machines. I live in a shared house and I have no urge to make any further video game cabinets at the moment.

I know what you meant about the feeling to have no urge of making another one.

After my Popeye bartop I had the same feeling, also thinking of building a Dragon's Lair bartop, but after three bartops, I wanted something else.
That's way I already started the mini pinball/ arcade bartop.

I don't have the space to keep all the bartops like you, so I have to sold them to finance my next project to keep it a hobby  :dizzy:

Very nice build you did and I keep an eye on you  :cheers:

Greetings

MacDLSA

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2014, 06:05:20 am »
I've just completed the "THREE-Mini-DL/SA-cabinets" building :) !

You could watch my W.I.P. pictures HERE:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117710395593968524416/MacDLSAMiniDragonSLairCabinetsWIP?authkey=Gv1sRgCMi8qICSpeOOnQE

... and watch some clips HERE:

MINI DL CAB clip03

shrunkenmaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2015, 10:00:36 am »
Does anyone still have those plans that were on the picasaweb link (dead now) ??? I now have all the parts I need to make my DL.

deano71

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 05:40:55 am »
Good work. Can anybody point me in the direction of how to get Daphne up and running in with hyperspin. Its the one system I really want in there, but I cant get any info.
I understand the emulator runs discs but disc changing will not be pratical in my cabinet.

Parsec10

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2017, 03:35:18 pm »
Hello Guys,

i'm getting crazy trying to replicate a DL cabinet, actually at the moment I'm drawing it using CAD, just to ensure that every measure is right. I'm stuck on the screen part (angle) and the control panel part, as I have not found any measures on internet, I'm only guessing the angle of the CP form some images. Can you please help me sharing your info you you have them ? Thank You! Fabrizio

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31