I've finally reached the point where I'm ready to start my rotating monitor setup for my cabinet. I've got an LG 20" 4:3 monitor that's already on a swivel stand so I know it's well centered. I was going to try DNA Dan's inspiring and very detailed setup here:http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,110471.0.html
but that changed directions a couple times and before I started I wanted to make sure that at least my shopping list for parts sounded right for making this thing. Here's what I've got so far:
- lazy susan bearing, 3-4", such as found at vxb, but make sure that it's got clearance for the cable to pass through.
- MDF, particle, or choice of material for a 23" round mounting board and 24" base plate (downsized an inch from DNA Dan's to fit my cabinet slightly better.
- Screen door hinge or similar to force the wheel to stay on the turntable.
- Polulu motor controller (so many choices -- 7A to 30A which to pick? I assume 7A is sufficient.)
- USB A to Mini-B cable
- Polulu metal gearmotor (ranges from 19:1 to 131:1 gearbox, once again which one to pick?)
- Additional polulu supplies: wheel, crimp connectors, pins, bracket, hub. Did I miss anything?
- Additional wood pieces for the 90 degree stops.
- Various screws to attach everything.
That seems like a complete shopping list based on the thread. Am I missing anything? Just about ready to dive off the deep end...
And thank you in advance for going through all the trial and error to get to what seems like a fairly simple process at the end, including full HyperSpin setup.