Main > Lightguns

Arcade lightgun recoil @ home + gun drive fix

(1/3) > >>

syntax_x:
This ones for all of you who either want to have arcade recoil for console or just a fix for broken gun drive boards.

Based around an Official Namco gun, ps2, Time crisis 1 pcb, guncon 1,2

Ive tested this with a timecrisis1 PCB and a heaps of ps2 ligh gun games.

If your using this fix for arcade use, it will completely replace the gundrive PCB, which can cost quite a bit and be a **** to find. :mad:
This is around $5 of components. and a little time. ;)

Normally people would just add a 5v switching relay to the gun but if you keep your finger down the solenoid stays engaged.
It just doesn't feel right at all + it stuffs around with the optics 5v feed. sends the target all over the place :wtf:
This seems to only be a problem with arcade pcbs, a guncon 1 can run fine with just the relay, no optic interference,
but the solenoid will still stay engaged with the trigger pulled.

So i decided to build a 555 timer with a pot to tune a pulse for the recoil. 8-)

Here's the circuit

and heres a video of it working perfectly.

I must add i made this circuit with the help of alec-t on http://www.electro-tech-online.com
He designed the original and helped me tune it to this.

Well Fed Games:
Very cool! So how would this work in a standard guncon 1? (I am building a PS1 lightgun cab and if it was within my limited technical capability to add recoil, I would love to).

syntax_x:
open up the gun con1 and remove the optic sensor.
one side of the sensor is ground, the other is +5v.
run the ground wire on guncon optic to ground on the Namco arcade gun.

run 5v wire on guncon optic to +5v optic on Namco arcade gun, and also the 555 circuit.

Run center wire on guncon optic to optic wire on namco arcade gun.

find the trigger switch on the guncon, one side is ground the other is +5v.

wire the trigger +5v to the namco arcade gun trigger wire, and also to the 555 ground.

there should only be 2 wires left coming from the arcade gun, thats the solenoid power, wire that up and your done.

syntax_x:
Final revision, now with rapid fire switch.

tylerwerrin:
Do you have the circuit diagram still? I want to try my hand at this... the pic seems to have gone off the thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version