Main > Artwork

The thing about custom artwork (FAQ & rant)

<< < (27/29) > >>

opt2not:

--- Quote from: mcseforsale on September 27, 2015, 03:25:00 pm ---So, I have a question.  I'm working on an arcade for my neighbor and I'm out of my depth in artwork.  How much would it cost to have the side artwork done with a simple HUGE Jack Daniels bottle up the side on each side and a CP top that looks like a worn bartop with coasters featuring their last name as drink brands? 

I'm going to try it (in Photoshop 5.1), but if I get into trouble and I start hitting deadlines, I'd gladly pay someone else's money to get it done quickly. 

So, for all the discussion regarding artwork, to the (very) layman...what's it really worth?

LeChuck bailed me out on the Fistful of Quarters build in a mercy-killing...he probably got tired of watching me flop on the dock...

AJ

--- End quote ---

mcseforsale, if you are actually seriously inquiring about a price quote for getting some art done for you, please send your questions through PM.  I don't discuss prices in a public forum.

But if you're asking more of the philosophical question of "what's it really worth?", I invite you to read this thread again from the beginning.

:cheers:

yotsuya:

--- Quote from: SNAAKE on September 27, 2015, 11:43:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: pbj on August 13, 2015, 04:18:11 pm ---Hmm... so how's about $5 for a drawing of grizzled Sonic the Hedgehog nursing a whiskey in a dive bar and pondering his direction in life?

Twist - Sonic is a metaphor for pinballjim.

--- End quote ---

I did get a request like that. pacman and bunch of other characters in a tiki bar..make them wear skirt and dance or something too..maybe smoke weed :dizzy: :dunno

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of this one I saw on KLOV...

SNAAKE:
lol thats great actually  :applaud:

morton:
As someone who is dabbling with art themselves, I can say unequivocally that paying someone is the best course of action. I do not consider myself an expert, nor do I see myself as a layperson. Even knowing how to use the programs to a certain degree, the workflow is extremely slow and one mistake at a certain point can undo hours of work if you aren't careful. I have probably spent 6-10 hours total in my free time, and am still not done. I figure another few hours at least... so if that is the case, essentially you're almost gonna be at 1/3 of the hours in a work week (depending what you do for a living). If a guy wants 1/3 of my weekly pay to do art, and it's gonna be better than what I can do and it's gonna look good... its a no brainer.

Look at the art some of the sellers are creating, and the type of reception folks get when they share what they have commissioned... That alone is worth it. Anyone who isn't seeing the value in this, just remember, you're gonna have to look at it forever. It's art. No different than a painting on a wall. If you want a big portrait, you don't paint your own if you cant paint. When I used to paint, I was constantly unhappy with my work and constantly tweaking to the point I ruined some great pieces... anyone I know who owns any of my completed work just enjoys it.

Not just to the artists but.... Hats off to the pros out there who do what they do and do it well.  :notworthy:

SNAAKE:
got another recently..make mario ride a bird or something lol  :lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version