Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: cruis'n' usa cabinet any ideas?  (Read 4606 times)

thenewestguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2013, 09:12:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
cruis'n' usa cabinet any ideas?
« on: May 24, 2013, 02:15:58 pm »
I am very new to this hobby.  I have a cruis'n' usa cabinet that is fully functional and is in pretty good condition.  The monitor does not work.  Is there anything i can do with it using an extra standard res monitor or should i just trade the cab for something else.  I got into this mainly because i wanted to use mame to play some fighting games.  Any ideas?  I just can't see myself repairing a monitor.  If any one has ideas or might be intersted in a trade let me know please.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:22:55 pm by thenewestguy »

thenewestguy

• Offline Offline
Re: cruis'n' usa cabinet any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:57 pm »
A couple pictures

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 am
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:57:03 pm »
If you're not worried about the force feedback working, you can convert it to play Sega Model 2 games (Daytona USA, Sega Rally, etc) and a couple dozen MAME games (cruisin' USA, Outrun, etc) fairly easily.  I've never interfaced with a real arcade monitor, but there is a sub-forum on here where they can tell you how to do that.  If you don't want to put your other arcade monitor in it, you can slap an old crt tv with an s-video input in there.

If you do want ffb working, it gets a lot more complicated.

Browse the driving cab info thread stickied at the top of this forum to get an idea of what games you can play and how much work it will take to get there.
Browse the driving cab build thread to get an idea of what others have done.

If you want to play fighting games, there is really nothing of use on that cab, trade it for a standard cab.

thenewestguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 03:10:05 pm »
I guess i was not clear enough.  I have collected 3 cabs, one is the cruis'n, another is a gun game, and i have a dynamo.  I am using the third for my fighting games.  So i have a working police trainer in some bird hunting cab.  The cruis'n has pretty much no purpose for me.  It does not work with the monitors i have and i do not want to invest the effort and money to make it work.  So, that puts me at, what can i trade it for?  Is it worthless, do i take it to the dump?  Can i trade it for a working mk or sf?  I do not know.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 04:30:04 pm »
It's definitely not worthless, but you'll have to be patient to find a buyer.  Most of the individual parts of a racing cab go for 50-100 bucks a part on ebay.  They are big cabs and thus hard to ship so you have to find somebody in your area or somebody willing to drive a long way to pick it up.  Crusin' is a good game, I would invest the time/money to get it working personally. 

You won't get anybody to trade you a working MK for it though..... because Mortal Kombat cabinets had the full length sideart they are highly collectable and unless you buy one broken and fix it up you'll usually be paying a lot for one.  There's really no such thing as a working SF cab.... they were sold in kit form only.  SF II flooded the market so badly that you can pick up a SF II cab in rough shape for peanuts. 

I would post it on the buy/sell/trade forum first, and then try klov or ebay if you don't get any responses.  DO NOT throw it away though, if nothing else a lot of us would buy the parts off of it from you.

thenewestguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 05:11:37 pm »
Would it be reasonable to ask for like an sf alpha 2 or 3 in good shape for it?   As long as they are only a state or two away i would meet half way.  I honestly do not know the value of this stuff.  I do not want to rip anyone off or myself.  Since sf flooded the market maybe two cabs... i do not know and i do not want to post in the trade with an outrageous request.

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 07:25:19 pm »
might be intersted in a trade

Well then, I have to ask, where are you located?  ;D

Edit: nevermind, stopped being lazy. Central OH... a bit too far for me (and I have nothing good for trade).  :-[
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

thenewestguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 07:46:19 am »
Texas? That would have to be a hell of a trade lol

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 09:50:25 am »
Cruise it on out to Delaware for me :)  I'd love to have a Crusin cab, transplant everything from my Checkered Past cab into it. But I cant give up my dedicated MKII sry  :cheers:
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

marioxb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 01:54:31 pm
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 10:36:18 am »
I don't really have anything to trade, but I am in central Ohio too (Hilliard/ Galloway). How much do you want for it?

thenewestguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 11:47:57 am »
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:31:48 pm by thenewestguy »

davidb72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2013, 03:41:50 am
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 03:40:27 am »
do you still have the cruisn usa cab? id like to buy it. how much? im near Dayton ohio. lmk  email  davidsarcade@aol.com

thenewestguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:26 am »
I sent you out an email