Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 4-way joystick shootout! (Leaf-Pro, Sanwa JLW, Ultrastik 360, Seimitsu LS-32-02)  (Read 39628 times)

Bambam1963

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 11:46:07 pm
  • I love this stuff man!-
I would like to see how a Happ Competition goes against a Happ Ultimate.

I have Happ Competition for one of mine. I was recommended that they were better than Ultimates.
They were exactly the same price so i'd be interested in a comparison. I am more than happy with the Competition for the price I paid.  :cheers:
CJ

Happ competitions are a lot better.

So is the joystick that you are referring to in your video an IL Compact or IL Euro?
I am an oldie, who used to troll here years ago.  Now I am back to tweak my machine and help a friend build his.

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:18:18 pm
Nice write up. Been after a good 4 way for a wood panel for some time. I tried a JLF, leaf pro, zippy and some mike's arcade special thingy just to see what they were like and all of them had something that annoyed me to the point I never used them after installing and testing. Paige is real good at pushing the reunion stick, but those are super short and meant for metal panels only. Stumbled upon the tornado terry custom reunion stick last week (not sure how I missed it this whole time) and ordered one up. It has been installed in my panel for about 3 days and I so wish this was my first and only 4 way stick I ordered. I did change out the loud ass cherry's for some quiet zippy's, other than that the stick is perfect and I love it.

http://www.tornadoterrys.com/surplus.htm Scroll down til you see the Ms. Pac-man logo.

good day.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
I recently just tried a reunion stick at an arcade and it was quite perfect to me. But yes, it was mounted in metal.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
I recently just tried a reunion stick at an arcade and it was quite perfect to me. But yes, it was mounted in metal.
I've used both the wood (shown in the video below) and the metal for Tornado Terry's stick (on my vertical arcade) and I love both of them.
Wood:

Metal:

DeLuSioNaL29
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

time to give up

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2014, 03:54:44 pm
Thank you so much for this shootout!  I've been suffering with a JLW (especially on Ms. Pac-Man), and all I could ever find prior to your review were lots of people saving that it's the best.  At first I thought mine had bad microswitches, until I changed my technique and started sliding from one corner to the next to make turns.  But turning that way hurts my (already injured) left hand, because it has to be pushed hard into the new corner to be sure that the turn happens.  Sometimes I have to slam it hard enough that I can hear the case creak--  but anything less and I risk losing a life.

I think I'm just going to get a Leaf Pro instead.  So much easier.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:48:31 pm by time to give up »

chopperthedog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:18:18 pm
Disregard my post up a couple spots. Was able to snag a 4 way wico leaf stick 3 months ago. It Became quickly clear that all the other sticks I've tried were a complete waste of time and money.

good day.