Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Yoke Rebuild entry  (Read 11482 times)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Yoke Rebuild entry
« on: May 09, 2012, 01:40:32 am »
Yoke rebuild thread is a gold mine of good information but is a bit outdated.  I'm starting to add some improvements.  First off was to toss the link to Ram controls because we're better than that. 

I also added a link to a video I made showing how to quickly remove the spring pin from the shaft because pulling it out as shown in the wiki is not what I consider a good time. 

I tossed the link to the manual because it was redirecting to some weird ass learn to speak chineses youtube video.  I need to find a replacement link and drop it back in.  Any other recommendations?

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Yoke_Rebuild

yaksplat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2021, 03:50:10 pm
    • Random Projects
Re: Yoke Rebuild entry
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:57:29 am »
1.) buy cnc
2.) buy injection molder
3.) buy metal brake
Check out my current 3 machine build:
http://yaksplat.wordpress.com

Custom Control Panels: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=121245

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 01:46:12 pm
  • Can u guess what game this image is from?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:54:33 pm »
Hey Le Chuck, it seems like half (at least) of the yoke rebuild entry in the wiki is missing. ???
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 12:01:42 am »
Hey Le Chuck, it seems like half (at least) of the yoke rebuild entry in the wiki is missing. ???

That's all there ever was.  The pictorial took you from cover already off to bead blasted stripped parts.  The reassembly wasn't pictured in the wiki although there is a thread by the original author around here somewhere that does IIRC.  I was going to keep hammering away at it but wiki editing has been down ever since the upgrade so what it is, is what you got. 

When I did the editing last May I removed only the dead links but left all the pics and the preserved the step by step as it was.  Rather than mess with that I just did a drop in note around step 18ish outlining a different way to get the pin out and linked to a video I did of the process. 

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »
I'll go looking for the rest of it myself. Yes, I am an inherently lazy & stupid person who'd rather let someone else do at least the thinking if not the work itself, so I can simply copy. lol. I'm sure I can (with time, & correcting for hopefully not too expensive mistakes), figure it out myself.

I should add, what u do have up there is great, & the addition of the alternate way to get that *!@!! pin out is fantastic. I don't know how I would have managed it (I suppose I would, ultimately, have drilled the g-d thing out). Thanks for maintaining it.
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:49:23 pm »
I'll go looking for the rest of it myself. Yes, I am an inherently lazy & stupid person who'd rather let someone else do at least the thinking if not the work itself, so I can simply copy. lol. I'm sure I can (with time, & correcting for hopefully not too expensive mistakes), figure it out myself.

I should add, what u do have up there is great, & the addition of the alternate way to get that *!@!! pin out is fantastic. I don't know how I would have managed it (I suppose I would, ultimately, have drilled the g-d thing out). Thanks for maintaining it.

No worries, whenever wiki gets brought back online I'll fix the post providing I can find the rest of that tutorial or else make my own filling in the blanks.  In the mean time I'll surf around looking for the rest and if you have any questions take some pics and post up - there's enough folks on here that have done yolk rebuilds that you should be able to get a response ricky-tick. 

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 11:44:23 am »
Thanks for curating this link.  My yoke parts are dispersed in the 3 kits in the basement  :dizzy: I'll need this.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 05:12:00 pm »
No worries, whenever wiki gets brought back online I'll fix the post providing I can find the rest of that tutorial or else make my own filling in the blanks.  In the mean time I'll surf around looking for the rest and if you have any questions take some pics and post up - there's enough folks on here that have done yolk rebuilds that you should be able to get a response ricky-tick. 

Thanks, I'd appreciate it! I've been looking, & I can't find anything else.

:dizzy:...& I'm probably going to need it. My yoke, that sat collecting dust for more than a year, is now lying in parts on the 'work table'.
Professor Hayashida