Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gulp. Here goes. Time to commit to: Project Legacy  (Read 47541 times)

lcmgadgets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 01:46:12 pm
  • Can u guess what game this image is from?
Re: Gulp. Here goes. Time to commit to: Project Legacy
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2017, 11:25:38 pm »
Moving right along, I completed the google sketchup of Legacy. As mentioned, it's pretty much a modified clone of weisshaupt's Ghost in the Machine Mark II. The major changes are the monitor in place of a marquee (thanks to Randy T for inspiration on how to make a standard monitor look like 2 'short' monitors--I looked into buying a non standard short & wide monitor, but as some of you probably know, they cost more than $900), a rear-view monitor to display the controls needed for a chosen game, a working coin door, and the fact that the other control panels will have to be stored elsewhere--there simply isn't room inside the cab.
....crap, now that this is done, I actually have to start building the thing...unless...ahh! Time to look at the software!

...okay, its actually not all psychedelic like the image suggests. It only converts to this when I try to export it as a png or jpg file. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:53:50 pm by lcmgadgets »
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2017, 05:23:07 pm »
Oh boy, software....

As I began my research, in my imagination, I wandered up over the hill to have my first look on the neat, ordered and labeled garden of relevant software in the valley below. I realized as I approached the hill that it was unlikely to be a neat garden--probably more like a semi-civilized meadow or light woods with signed foot and bike paths.

I should have known better. An endless jungle of swamps, quicksand, thorns and brush lay before me, interspersed with signs and bill boards, most of them in languages I can't read, sometimes with contradictory information, and few in complete agreement on anything. How the hell am I gonna sort through all this?

Theres so much to consider....

First I wondered about the operating system. I have some help from a computer genius friend. I told him I want to run Mame, Daphne, maybe some of the console emulators, and a few old DOS (Doom, Duke Nukem 3D) and old Windows 98 games (Dungeon Keeper 2). He recommended Linux. Its been a loonnng time since I studied or used linux, so I suspect this is gonna be a long learning curve.

And I wondered about the front end. After looking at a long list of titles, I wondered if there might be a survey of opinions. I found one, here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,84933.360/viewresults.html
Going by it, I'll try Hyperspin first.

Also, I'm still stuck on whether to stick with the obsolete clunker desktop I've been hanging onto for this project, buying something newer & more gaming dedicated (I could play more up to date games then (Elite Dangerous!), I suppose), or go even farther away from my original ideas--a raspberry pi build.

I welcome all ideas and opinions. So many of you know so much more than I do about this, I'm gonna need lotsa help.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:39:47 pm by lcmgadgets »
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2017, 07:15:31 pm »
....hmmm...linux has changed! In my day WINE was still in development. This looks like it'll be the way to go, and much easier than I feared  :)
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2017, 04:27:49 pm »
Huh.  ???

I thought for sure that someone would jump on me about 'moving right along...'.

Tough audience, I guess... ;D
Professor Hayashida

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:21:02 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2017, 04:38:06 pm »
Its's hard to get excited about a project that was announced in 2013 and there hasn't been even a hint of hot saw to wood action.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:41 pm »
Its's hard to get excited about a project that was announced in 2013 and there hasn't been even a hint of hot saw to wood action.

He took some time off to pursue his roller disco dreams...

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2017, 01:35:57 am »
:embarassed:
Very true, very true. I warned people when I started that this would be a very slow moving project, but I didn't think it'd go this slow! And now that I'm back, I'm finding it hard to pick it back up.

Also...I'm chicken :embarassed:. I got enough cash set aside to finish this project, IF I don't mess up & have to redo too many things. I gotta grow a set & take the chance. I'm going to make some mistakes, but I think I've planned enough that they won't be disastrous.

He took some time off to pursue his roller disco dreams...

As for the roller rink, it also still isn;t happening  :(. Although roller skating never lost popularity just over the border, its been all but forgotten here, it seems. I think thats been our biggest handicap. Although, there is, finally, a rink opening in Ajax, just east of Toronto. I'll be there, probably opening day, in late August. Wish it was a little closer...

Anyway, back on track. I tried to fire up the old pc I've been saving for this project (& playing X3 Reunion and other old games on), & only the fan came on! No beep, nothing on the monitor. I puzzled over this for a while, until a friend's computer genius son suggested this: dead clock battery. I pulled it, tested it, and sure enough, dead. I'll try to get a replacement tomorrow.
Professor Hayashida

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2024, 05:03:38 pm
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2017, 10:15:51 am »
Welcome back. Glad to see you working on this.  :applaud:

My thoughts on your questions... skip the Pi unless you have space restraints (don't think this is an issue). Use the clunker you have until you run into a situation that prevents you from playing something you want - Hyperspin might be too much for your clunker. Check out Simply Austin on youtube for Hyperspin setup tutorials. Personally, I would start with windows 7 or 10 but that is because I know Windows and I don't know Linux at all but if you do then go for it.

The cost outlay of the above is $0. Old computer that you have = free. Hyperspin = free. Linux or existing Windows OS (assuming XP or 7) = free. Dive in and IF you have to spend a bit of cash to get what you really want, upgrade the PC in the future. Get this part started and running and you may get excited about completing it instead of scared.

Good luck.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2017, 10:38:01 am »
Build the cabinet. Worry about the computer junk later. Once you have a sweet arcade cabinet taking up space in your house, you will be extra motivated to setup the computer stuff.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2017, 12:10:50 pm »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:26:44 am by ChanceKJ »

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2017, 12:49:12 pm »
Build the cabinet. Worry about the computer junk later. Once you have a sweet arcade cabinet taking up space in your house, you will be extra motivated to setup the computer stuff.

Thats what I've started thinking. Damn, I gotta find somewhere to do the work.

Unless it has the words "Turbo" "Turkey" and "Puncher" in the name.  :D

:lol

Besides, I got more computer work to do. Swapped in a new battery--thought it was fixed--it tried to boot, & locked up. Reset it, it started to boot, then started again, then started again... Reset it again: Got a blank screen & 3 long beeps--bad motherboard or ram?--uh oh. Opened it up, looked it over, pulled the ram chips & reset them, fired it up--the fan came on...& thats it. My guess is that the motherboard is fudged.
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2018, 01:56:41 am »
At last! I have found somewhere to do the wood working, & we are up & running! After a contractor I approached to do the cutting for me (I wanted to help as much as I could, & do the assembly later) quoted me a price way outside my range, I put a frustrated whining post on facebook begging anyone with a woodshop to help me with this thing.

And a skating friend of mine responded with 'Craig, I'm your man...'

We started cutting the pieces for a particle wood mock up of the control panel. I wanna see how this thing is gonna feel before I commit to far more expensive hardwood ply. Here are some pics
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2018, 02:00:09 am »
More pics
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2018, 02:04:16 am »
My friend Al has 2 home made (!) CNC machines, which will allow us to do the kind of precise cuts that matching the actual work to the google sketchup measurements (everything always fits perfectly on paper, or virtually) & an assortment of other tools appropriate for this job, plus the room to work. Okay, we are doing it in his driveway. In any event, I am incredibly grateful.

Hmmm...the pic of his shirt did not come out right...
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2018, 02:19:37 am »
Sigh. Okay, I give up. I've searched the help & I can't figure this out-how the heck do I bookmark? I've made some in the past, but I cannot remember how nor can I find it again. Very frigging frustrating
Professor Hayashida

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2018, 03:08:10 am »
Wow, this thread really started in 2013  :lol I hope my build will be finished quite a bit sooner.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2018, 03:42:03 am »
Yup. I told people then that this'd be the slowest build on the forum ;D
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2018, 01:21:14 am »
Wow, this thread really started in 2013  :lol I hope my build will be finished quite a bit sooner.

Me too. Its hard to keep up your momentum when you take breaks, & I tend to forget what I need to do next, or why I`m doing something a certain way.

I wasn't able to get any woodworking done last week. I've been reviewing the extensive documentation for 'Ghost in the Machine', which is the project that mine is most based on. & I want to pick up the restoration of my Star Wars yoke; which I can do here at home. I`m having a hard time between my special needs son, my very part time business, roller skating and training for it. I`m getting some help from my girl friend, though, whose very excited about the project & the final project. It`ll get done
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:22:50 am by lcmgadgets »
Professor Hayashida

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2018, 04:15:38 am »
Recognizable. I have to start the woodworking as well, but can't seem to find the time (and actually not the space). Might start this weekend. For the rest I have everything ordered and received, so I should really continue...

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2018, 12:01:01 am »
I haven't been able to get to my friend's wood shop, so I returned to my Star Wars yoke, & picked up where I left off, so long, long ago...

Much, much thanks to PL1 and the very thoroughly documented 'How to Build a KADESTICK Yoke Interface':http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,134781.msg1542677.html#msg1542677. I am following the instructions to the letter.

I'm not crazy about my soldering. The last couple of connections came out pretty good, but the rest are sloppy as hell. I'm getting better at it.

For absolute newbs, like me, a couple of warnings that the even vaguely experienced will laugh their heads off at: 1: If you haven't done any soldering in a long time, do some practice work on some scrap board 1st. 2: Don't solder late at night, when you're tired.

If you try lead free solder, which is what I use, some advice (again, for newbs). Lead free needs more heat & more time to melt & flow. Be patient. Use flux meant for lead free--its designed to take the extra heat.

Also, for those who really, really want to keep their soldering tips clean, I have a suggestion that I actually don't recommend. Get a block of Sal Ammoniac. Here's a link with info about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salammoniac. To use it, heat your iron, then drill the tip into the sal ammoniac. Add solder. The tip you'll get will be cleaner than when it was brand new. But WEAR A BREATHING FILTER when you do this. The fumes off this stuff are toxic.

Another thing for newbs: The '3 handed tool'. It has 3 alligator clips for holding parts or wire while you work. Useful, but beware the teeth on those clips. I had to thoroughly wrap mine in electrical tape to stop them from biting through the insulation on the wire. Another useful tool is a tiny vise, which I purchased from a 'Warhammer' store. It's intended to hold miniature figures for painting, but lends itself well to this work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:49:15 am by lcmgadgets »
Professor Hayashida

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:26:41 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2018, 01:33:55 am »
Much, much thanks to PL1 and the very thoroughly documented 'How to Build a KADESTICK Yoke Interface':http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,134781.msg1542677.html#msg1542677. I am following the instructions to the letter.
Glad to assist.   ;D

LMK if I got any letters wrong.   :lol

Also, for those who really, really want to keep their soldering tips clean, I have a suggestion that I actually don't recommend. Get a block of Sal Ammoniac. Here's a link with info about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salammoniac. To use it, heat your iron, then drill the tip into the sal ammoniac. Add solder. The tip you'll get will be cleaner than when it was brand new. But WEAR A BREATHING FILTER when you do this. The fumes off this stuff are toxic.
If you want to avoid the toxic fumes, consider using a coiled brass tip cleaner like this one instead.

When the soldering iron tip gets dirty and also when you finish soldering, stab the tip into the coils several times (0:48 in the video) to scrape it clean then re-tin the tip with solder.

Scott

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2018, 05:58:59 am »

I swear it looked like you were soldering right by your nipple at first glance..

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2018, 10:20:24 am »
Seems you got close.... The hook on that resistor could have been considerably smaller, a small jewelers pliers with smooth jaws works really well,  it should look right before you commit, And to protect the component a heat sink should be used when possible (IMO) , Jenn would throw that lead free in the trash, (but that's just me) silver solder/lead works well and was industry standard before the go green thing. But in any case the smaller the diameter the quicker it melts, put heat to it till it starts to bend and shove it fast in while its hot (around 750deg) Judging from what you got there you waited too long and started to melt the insulation, Cleaning the tip Jenn burns some rosin core on it and lets it smoke good for a few seconds and grabs it with a dry cotton rag wiping the black off it this is done about every 5 joints or so, I don't really ever use the paste on something like that, seems that's more of a special purpose thing, the solder should have enough to flow itself, but smash the end of it when your done so it doesn't drip out.... And it should go without saying use adequate ventilation and wash your hands before eating/smoking.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2018, 03:19:39 am »
Thanks Jenn. I clipped the end off the resistor after the soldering...should have taken the pic then. There are definite advantages to lead solder...I'm considering going back.

Another trick I have for maintaining my soldering tips is to melt some solder on it after I'm done my work, then turn the iron off and knock off as much of that extra solder as possible. I like the idea of boiling some resin on the tip...I wondered if that worked but never tried it. I'll do so now.
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2018, 01:09:05 am »

I swear it looked like you were soldering right by your nipple at first glance..

:lol
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:11:00 am by lcmgadgets »
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2018, 01:17:24 am »
I completed the soldering to the board tonight. Phew! My soldering is getting better, although, again, I should have spent some refresher time on some scrap board. After so much time off, I shouldn't let myself get impatient now. The joints look...okay. I gotta do some serious cleanup of waste flux (I actually had an accident--I discovered my bottle of liquid flux had fallen over & leaked over the piece of plywood I was working on. Some had also gotten on the board). For the dumber newbies like me: Use isopropyl alcohol for clean up (90% alcohol). I wondered for a moment if I could use acetone. A moments reflection & confirmation from some quick research on the net saved me. Ketone solvents are pretty aggressive: they can damage plastics & dissolve epoxy.

Next I'll add some heat shrink tubing--not really necessary, but I'd like to tighten up the gap between exposed wire & the board. Jennifer was right--the extra heat I need to work with the lead free solder causes the wires' insulation to shrink back some.

Thanks again to PL1 for the thorough guide on what & where to solder on this thing. (The image of the smaller board to the right is from the printed copy of the KADESTICK guide)

I'm gonna go have a beer now & head to bed
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:52:45 am by lcmgadgets »
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2018, 01:47:42 am »

Glad to assist.   ;D

LMK if I got any letters wrong.   :lol

I will.

If you want to avoid the toxic fumes, consider using a coiled brass tip cleaner instead.

Hmmm. I'm going to look into that.

Good to hear from you again, PL1. I"m a little ashamed that its taken me this long to get back to this. I have honestly been (& still am) busy with other projects (roller skating) & real life (work, son, & girl friend(!)), but I did chicken out when I reached the point where I was going to have to start soldering, & lost my momentum. It took my girlfriend's encouragement, the assistance of my friend Al & his workshop, & my own promise to myself that I will finish this project to get going again.
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2018, 01:47:27 am »

I showed my girl friend & she said it looked like..another body part that you wouldn't want nearby while you were soldering
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2018, 01:59:19 am »
First failure! I was cleaning up the flux residue & discovered that the lead to the resistor that I soldered to the board had snapped off. I think the easiest thing to do is to desolder both ends, & solder a new resistor on
Professor Hayashida

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2018, 01:06:33 pm »
Its hard to see in that pic but sounds like a cold joint, you need more heat /watts possibly a different tip....Basically the flux will follow the heat so it needs to be hot all the way through, THEN put your solder to it... small diameter and follow it in until the joint is full (a little extra because it will kinda shrink back a bit as it cools, you will know when you did it right because it will be pretty and shiny, and melted (not clumpy).... This all has to be done without putting too much heat to the board because components and traces do NOT like excessive heat, luckily that board you got there looks pretty forgiving in that respect, however to protect the components a heat sink (little cheap aluminum clip on thing) will absorb the unnecessary and IMO should always be used where possible get multiple however because they get hot by design, so just grab a cool one and keep working.....physics man physics.https://www.robotshop.com/en/soldering-heat-sink.html   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:29:10 pm by jennifer »

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2018, 01:10:48 am »
Thanks Jennifer. The heat sink is a great idea. I've used alligator clips in the past as heat sinks. I should have remembered. Theres still wire from the resistor on the pad, & solder. I think I was just too rough on the thin wire of the resistor. I think I should have soldered it last to reduce the amount of handling.
Professor Hayashida

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2018, 12:27:06 am »
Back to Al's for more work on the mock up of the control panel, & a side panel. Once this thing is done, I hope it will give me a real feel for what it will be like to play on.

The panel feels wide enough for 4 players, as hoped. I'm looking forward to mounting some controls on the top of it, and later a mock up monitor.

For newbs like me: In drawing and cutting the side panel, I quickly realized how important it is to have a complete drawing of complicated parts with all measurements carefully drawn in; especially the radii of curves. I didn't do this; I'd drawn boxes around the curves, such that the ends of the curves met at 2 corners on 1 side of the box, and the point on the curve farthest from that side intersected the edge of the opposite side (I hope thats clear). If your curves are entirely cosmetic, I suppose this is fine, although they can be a little difficult to draw onto the wood for cutting purposes.

I've also realized that instead of working on the Star Wars yoke, I should be focusing on the rotating monitor. Theres gonna be a lot of r&d on that, I'll bet (that is, realizing I've screwed up & starting over). But I've got to get its issues solved before I get to the mounting stage. The yoke can be finished later, after everything else is working.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:30:07 am by lcmgadgets »
Professor Hayashida

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2018, 05:23:09 am »
That side profile looks terrible. You need to go back to the drawing board.

Richie_jones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:04:21 pm
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2018, 06:55:58 am »
Along for the ride!!

Profile is different, i think it depends on the artwork/theme.  Good to be different..

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2018, 07:04:19 am »
Come on. That profile shrinks down to nothing and then the top looks like a half inflated balloon. There is no reality where that is a good design. It is best to be honest now when it can easily be changed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:36:28 am by Mike A »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2018, 09:31:35 am »
Come on. That profile shrinks down to nothing and then the top looks like a half inflated balloon. There is no reality where that is a good design. It is best to be honest now when it can be easily be changed.

Seconded. It’s going to look especially bad put up against a wall.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2018, 04:37:58 pm »
That side profile looks terrible. You need to go back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the honesty. Honesty is much appreciated in this project. Here's a link to the sketchup warehouse, where you can see the finished virtual product: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/0871881c-ef67-496e-bbe6-079d60abe33d/Custom-arcade-cabinet-titled-Legacy

I'm stickin' to that look. I think many will say the finished product will show the method in the madness of that profile.

...but I will admit, seen alone, its rather ugly!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:53:09 pm by lcmgadgets »
Professor Hayashida

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2018, 11:08:04 pm »
Congrats on finally putting some saw to wood!  I can't wait to see the progress.  I hate to say but... the side panel does sort of look like an inverted scrotum.  Your link looks better but, did you cut to the same dimensions?  Is this a single player cab?

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2018, 01:29:31 am »
Congrats on finally putting some saw to wood!  I can't wait to see the progress.  I hate to say but... the side panel does sort of look like an inverted scrotum.  Your link looks better but, did you cut to the same dimensions?  Is this a single player cab?

:lol Yup, cut to the same dimensions. And its a 4 player cab
Professor Hayashida

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:53:53 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2018, 09:25:18 am »
I should be focusing on the rotating monitor. Theres gonna be a lot of r&d on that, I'll bet (that is, realizing I've screwed up & starting over).

I’ve got mine up and running.  Posted a tutorial under automated projects if it’s any help.  If you haven’t figured out already, the minimum width of your cab will be dictated by the diagonals of the display you are using.  Wouldn’t want you to start construction and have to tear things apart cause it wasn’t wide enough.

Tutorial with parts and links where to buy:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156671.0.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:11:13 pm by Arroyo »