Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JIMBOVISION: Rotating CP [spinner led trauma]  (Read 63200 times)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:35:40 pm
Re: JIMBOVISION: Rotating CP [spinner led trauma]
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2021, 02:09:23 pm »
I posted this in another topic, but figured I'd post it here...

Things have changed a lot for me since I started this project.  I went from a small house with hardly any space, and needing to fit all my gaming needs into 1 cabinet, to having a bit more disposable income and a larger house with a decent sized garage.  I've since bought a few cabs and no longer have the need to have everything in one.  I really enjoyed this project though and I learned a lot.  I still have the sketchup plans if anyone wants them.  Right now I'm looking at building up the cabs in my garage/gameroom.  I have a few originals (recently restored an Out Run), but I still have the urge to scratch-build stuff - and I haven't really built anything since my Videotron bartop project.  My next scratch build will probably be a multi-vector machine.  Hopefully later this year as I am still trying to get some Electrocoin Midi's restored and mamed up with groovyarcade.  They've been a fun project actually, maybe I'll post about those too!

Thanks for all the interest along the way anyway.   I still have the Jimbovision control panels. but I never got further than the rotating controls unit.  My guess is they will be pilfered for controls over the next few years.  Sorry it never got finished.  I can at least hope that it has inspired someone else or at the very least given people food for thought when considering building a rotating CP cab (hint: don't) ;)

:cheers:

Hey Jimbo - no worries.  We've all started and abandoned cabs at some point, right?  Right??  I hope it's not just you and me...

The CP artwork is awesome.  Was it done in Inkscape by any chance?  Could be a good starting point for the thing I'm currently designing in my head...

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 08:12:05 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • Wood Finishes Direct
Re: JIMBOVISION: Rotating CP [spinner led trauma]
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2021, 06:07:20 am »
Hey Jimbo - no worries.  We've all started and abandoned cabs at some point, right?  Right??  I hope it's not just you and me...

The CP artwork is awesome.  Was it done in Inkscape by any chance?  Could be a good starting point for the thing I'm currently designing in my head...

Haha I'm pretty sure it's not just you and me dude :)

I still have the artwork, it was done in illustrator.  Happy to send it your way if you feel you might be able to use it.