Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Super Sprint missing lines  (Read 1716 times)

outrunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2024, 05:28:28 am
  • Replica Nintendo cab - done!
Super Sprint missing lines
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:21:57 am »
Hi, I’ve noticed that when playing Atari games like super sprint and paperboy part of the top and bottom of the screen is missing. This isn’t just that the lines are there but off the screen because if I manually adjust the vertical stretch on the TV I just get black borders. Is this expected behaviour running these games with Groovymame on a standard Scart TV or should I be able to adjust the settings to get these games to show all of the lines?

Thanks.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Super Sprint missing lines
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:18:17 pm »
Hi outrunner,

You can easily see the resolution picked by GM in the Game Info submenu. If it's picking the right height, then the lines should be there.

Many "modern" TV chassis may do things like cropping lines above 240, etc., this is a known issue.

It could be, however, that GM is using interlaced resolutions for those games, and picking the highest possible height for the given refresh in order to provide better resolution. If that's the case, then it's a matter of reducing the InterlacedLinesMax value in a custom crt_range line.

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

outrunner

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 04:49:04 am »
Thanks for the response Calamity. Yes these games are running in interlaced mode. I'll hopefully get some time this weekend to have a play around with a custom crt line. Should I create the custom line in vmaker.ini and mame.ini ?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 11:42:27 am »
Thanks for the response Calamity. Yes these games are running in interlaced mode. I'll hopefully get some time this weekend to have a play around with a custom crt line. Should I create the custom line in vmaker.ini and mame.ini ?

You only need to do it in mame.ini. For instance:

crt_range0    15625.00-15900.00,49.50-65.00,2.000,4.700,8.000,0.064,0.192,1.024,0,0,192,288,448,512

This setting will limit the max interlaced total lines to 512. Play lowering it until you find the right value.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

outrunner

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:36:55 am »
Thanks Calamity.