Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PAPA TV Kickstarter  (Read 1782 times)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
PAPA TV Kickstarter
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:20:58 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/papapinball/papa-tv-livestreaming-pinball

I watched the entire 2 days of test broadcast streams.  It was awesome.  World class pinball being played with spot on commentary and deep running analysis... all the drama of competition... it was better than football.

If you love pinball you should get in on this.  This is pinball's ticket to televised competition.

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
Re: PAPA TV Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:11:50 am »
Too late, fully funded yesterday.  Seems a little weird that K. Martin is putting up kickstarters for $20k when he's donated 500 machines and a building and has untold millions.   I guess Papa is starting to stand on its own as a not for profit - cool.  Anyway, if they wanted to gauge interest, job done, interest is there.  I will be watching what they put out.  Hopefully they concentrate on their strongest material which is the tutorials and demos with commentary by A players, and the tournament play with commentary.  I find it hard to watch even high level play vids without commentary from someone familiar with the game and strategy.  So much more engaging.  Hopefully as little of two bobbleheads on webcams prattling back and forth as possible. 

I make no bones (Bowens) about the fact that what I know about playing was gleaned from youtube and papa's vids. 

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: PAPA TV Kickstarter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:30:48 am »

Their strongest content was the live broadcasts of the PAPA Circuit Finals and the Pinburgh A Division Finals a couple of weeks ago.  Marathon live broadcasts on ustream with full commentary/analysis.  It was amazing to watch and the play was not only world class but even brought forth some things that have never been done before.  That's where all of the support is coming from.  My son and I sat and watched those broadcasts for hours and hours.