Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Big Game Entertainment - Midway Classics  (Read 1749 times)

Southern Dad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2013, 08:00:16 pm
  • An 80's Retro
    • The World of Thom Bell
Big Game Entertainment - Midway Classics
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:37:10 am »
In the future I want to build a couple MAME machines this happened along on Craigslist for $100 so I jumped on it.  This thing is 62" X 22" X 26".  I took it home in my Prius <quit laughing>.  As I found when I searched this thing is a bit short.  There are couple of modifications that people have done to them.  I am considering a six inch lift and replacing the television with a flat screen tv/monitor.  It has RF jacks.

It has Joust, one of my all time favorites.  My daughter seems to like Root Beer Tapper.  It is in good shape and worth the hundred.  It will work until I get the time to build the two machines I want.  One upright and one cocktail.  Does anyone else own one of these?  Well, anyone that would admit it?  Have you done any modifications?

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: Big Game Entertainment - Midway Classics
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:54:00 am »
Here is a review of the cab and info on it's insides.

Retroblast Review

Southern Dad

• Offline Offline
  • An 80's Retro
    • The World of Thom Bell
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:52:31 pm »
Yes.  Thank you.  I found that one before I bought it.  The inside of the cabinet looks just like the photos, I've opened it up.  I plan to do three mods to it.  (1)  The six inch raise  (2)  Replacement of the monitor with a larger LCD.  (3)  Computer speaker set.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:15:40 pm »
Remember that the monitor is not a monitor it is a TV so you would need an LCD TV to replace it.

Southern Dad

• Offline Offline
  • An 80's Retro
    • The World of Thom Bell
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 03:24:42 pm »
Remember that the monitor is not a monitor it is a TV so you would need an LCD TV to replace it.

Yes, very true.  I've already tested a 19" LCD monitor that I have that has RF input.  It works perfectly.  When I get ready to do the modifications to the cabinet, I'll be putting it in.  Right now, the girls are happy using it as is.  I want to build my own cabinet with a vertical display next.  Finding this inexpensive one just helped fill a gap.