Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to Design Front Door of Cabinet?  (Read 5047 times)

optimusq

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 10:15:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How to Design Front Door of Cabinet?
« on: October 22, 2021, 02:23:41 pm »
First time builder here, I'm trying to determine the best way to add a door to the front of my cabinet and hide as much of the hardware as possible?  Current plan is to close off the back side, and add a swing out door on the front.  The door will be most or all of the front panel so that I can access everything underneath and release the control panel latches.  I bought a couple European hinges which I think will work with my design, not sure how to have little to no hardware (pull, latch, etc.) on the other side, but also have something secure enough so that a stray kick or knee won't pop the panel open.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome, thanks in advance.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:47:19 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: How to Design Front Door of Cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 02:42:39 pm »
Rare earth magnets.

It won't open unless you want it to.

optimusq

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 10:15:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: How to Design Front Door of Cabinet?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 10:15:44 pm »
Interesting.  I was looking at latches, but something like this might work.  I'll take a closer look, thanks!