Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Logitech G27 and MAME - tight steering question  (Read 4484 times)

thurmansevolution

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2013, 07:19:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Logitech G27 and MAME - tight steering question
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:23:06 pm »
Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening to all my fellow cab enthusiasts, wherever you may be! :)

I've been following BYOAC for awhile now, and decided to "get my feet wet", and dive into this forum. I am a noob to this site (and don't worry, I'm not gonna ask where to find roms! Lol), but I hope that I will help people here for a long time!

Anyway, speaking of being a noob - I am a bit noob-ish to building a racing cab (which HUGE thanks to BadMouth for the tutorial - it has been my "Bible" for the past few months when planning things out :) )

I have a small bit of a speed bump though - something I may be overlooking. I received my Logitech G27 yesterday, which works great!...but having a small problem in MAME: I have the controls mapped out well so far, but the problem I'm having is that the steering remains tight - like driving with no power steering after a game is launched.

I've looked through the profiler software and tested different things out under the profile I set up for MAME (which I'm pointing it to MAME32.exe), but there are no changes. I've checked in the MAME settings, especially the Direct Input, but no luck.

I'm ok about no Force Feedback in MAME (which I'm hoping that MAMEHooker would soon solve that problem, that's if it supports the wheel soon *cough cough*), but really in more need of the steering to feel somewhat looser in MAME, or that if I could get the profiler to work with MAME, minus the force feedback.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how was it fixed? Or, if it can't be fixed, what is going on to where the profiler isn't working with MAME?

Thanks in advance!!

LC

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
Re: Logitech G27 and MAME - tight steering question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »
Sounds like the centering feedback is turned up too far.  (It works even when playing games that don't have force feedback)

If you have Windows 7, click on the start icon, then "devices and printers"
You should see the G27 listed under devices.
Right click on it and select controller settings (or something like that).
Adjust the default centering force there.
Sometimes the settings don't take effect until you exit that window.

thurmansevolution

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2013, 07:19:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Logitech G27 and MAME - tight steering question
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:08:49 pm »
Thanks!!! Worked like a charm!  :afro:

I can't believe how I could have missed that lol