Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Waverunner Question?  (Read 3107 times)

megabyte52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2013, 10:28:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Waverunner Question?
« on: April 20, 2013, 03:08:02 pm »
Greetings all,

I recently purchased a Sega Waverunner single machine, and I am not able to get it to work.  I fill the machine with a compressor, going to 90 psi, and the air seems to drain pretty fast.  The waverunner does not move as it should and there is resistance when going to the left. While I am mostly ignorant of how the underside of the machine works, I can gather the following:

I am getting an E2 drive board error.
Under the test settings the "Left valve" seems to be failing a test.

As per the instructions I have disconnected and reconnected certain hoses but that did not help me at all.  Is it possible anyone could help me out and shed a little light on this?  Thanks in advance if anyone can.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Sega Waverunner Question?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:19:08 pm »
I'm not sure how much help you are going to get here.  We do things more on the emulation end. 

My Halloween obsession gives me a *little* experience with compressed air systems though.

Ok the left valve is failing so it's something on that set of lines.  Fill the whole system with air, then take all the lines running to and away from that value and coat them with a little soapy water, especially the joints.  Now run the test.... if you see any small soap bubbles anywhere, you've got a leak. 

Otherwise, it actually is the valve as reported.  Clean all the electrical connections going to that valve, use a multi-meter to test the voltages as indicated in the service manual and if it still doesn't work trying replacing the valve.  If that doesn't work then it could be an issue with the drive board and...well good luck with that. 

That resistance you mentioned could be the issue as well.  I'm guessing it's just a symptom of having low air on that side, but if the game uses air-powered pistons, it could be that the left one is mangled, which would cause air to leak out of it and keep it from moving smoothly. 

That's just all generic advice.... I don't know hardly anything about the physical machine itself so it's hard to troubleshoot blind.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:22:28 pm »
You might try posting in the Arcade Miscelaneous forum.  There are a couple of arcade techs who post there regularly.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/board,24.0.html

megabyte52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2013, 10:28:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:02:06 am »
Thank you for the assistance guys I appreciate it