Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Convert MIDWAY, / SEGA / ATARI Shifter 4 + N  (Read 1710 times)

rocomat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 12:10:13 pm
Convert MIDWAY, / SEGA / ATARI Shifter 4 + N
« on: January 18, 2018, 12:43:13 pm »
Someone did that before?...don't know.

This mod helps to get a Cruis'n, Offroad Challenge, Rush Series, Sega Daytona etc. 4-gear cab shifter working with mame and others without extra software.

Problem is that one of the four assigned keys at the shifter is permanently "pressed". That gets your PC/PS/Raspberry mad.  :dizzy:
Because there's no neutral position.

I filed a small notch between gear 1-2, that the stick can stay there. (see 1st picture). The complete shifter is turned that the spring force of the shifter goes to left side. I'm sure this can be similar done for other UP/Down or LOW/High 2 gear shifters.

Get an "N" and you have a neutral gear!  :cheers:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:56:06 pm by rocomat »
!! Looking for After Burner Deluxe cabinet plastic parts !!

shaolindrunkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Re: Convert MIDWAY, / SEGA / ATARI Shifter 4 + N
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:37:07 pm »
Someone did that before?...don't know.

This mod helps to get a Cruis'n, Offroad Challenge, Rush Series, Sega Daytona etc. 4-gear cab shifter working with mame and others without extra software.

Problem is that one of the four assigned keys at the shifter is permanently "pressed". That gets your PC/PS/Raspberry mad.  :dizzy:
Because there's no neutral position.

I filed a small notch between gear 1-2, that the stick can stay there. (see 1st picture). The complete shifter is turned that the spring force of the shifter goes to left side. I'm sure this can be similar done for other UP/Down or LOW/High 2 gear shifters.

Get an "N" and you have a neutral gear!  :cheers:

That's actually pretty cool! I just put an on/off switch between the ground so I can just shut mine off when not in use, but this is pretty clever.