Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [Steam keys] Dirt 2 $3, Dirt 3 $7, Grid $4 @ Green Man Gaming  (Read 6167 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
Lifted from www.slickdeals.net
I have never dealt with Green Man Gaming before.

Dirt 2 is pretty good.  I haven't played Dirt 3.
I have Grid on my cab, but haven't played it enough to get good enough to progress though the game.
They are pretty cab friendly & work with Logitech wheels.

Dirt 2 $3.00
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/racing/dirt-2/

Dirt 3 $6.80
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/racing/dirt-3/

Grid $4.08
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/racing/grid/

20% off code: GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD

Registers on Steam.

Fursphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:26:34 am
Re: [Steam keys] Dirt 2 $3, Dirt 3 $7, Grid $4 @ Green Man Gaming
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:14:04 am »
Green man gaming is legit.  I've bought a few things from them - they just give you the Steam gives. 

I don't know how they make a profit, but they do.

And thanks for the heads up!  Great prices

Dirt 3 is great - but HARD.  It might be too realistic.

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:51:48 am »
So how does that work? You play via streaming only through steam, or does it just stream down to your PC and then you can play offline, just as if you bought the DVD?

I almost hate to look at these games till I have a driving cab built.  :(

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:40:45 pm »
Steam downloads to your PC.  Its all local.

You can put Steam in "offline" mode as well. 

I originally bought Dirt 3 on DVD - the fact that it makes you put the DVD in to play pissed me off so much that I bought it again on Steam (on sale) so I wouldn't have to deal with the disc.

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 01:50:01 pm »
Interesting. Thanks. I might have to give steam or greenman a go. Sounds like a decent way to get at new games.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:07:38 pm »
Interesting. Thanks. I might have to give steam or greenman a go. Sounds like a decent way to get at new games.

After you install steam, you add games by putting in the product key for them.
You buy the product key from greenman gaming (it's emailed to you), then enter it in the Steam software which will then download your game from Steam.

I'm fairly new to this too.  Until recently I've avoided anything that required online activation.
I finally gave it a try when someone on here posted a cool shooter called Sine Mora for under $3.
With a "patch", I managed to get it working on my cab, which doesn't have any networking.
I've bought a few driving games since, but haven't tried to add those to my cab.

They are a lot easier to work with than the nightmare that is Games For Windows Live.

I think I'm going to break down and make my next driving cab internet connected anyway.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 03:13:38 pm »
Both of my cabs are internet connected.  Right now they're hard wired, but in the past they've been wireless.   It just makes things simpler in the end.

I went ahead about bought FUEL too.  Even if its not that great of a game, at $2.70 I really couldn't say no.  :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:26:16 pm by Fursphere »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 03:37:59 pm »
Both of my cabs are internet connected.  Right now they're hard wired, but in the past they've been wireless.   It just makes things simpler in the end.

For me it's about trying to wring every last bit of performance out of the budget PCs I'm using.
I honestly don't think California Speed or SF Rush would be playable on my cab if I re-enabled all the services related to networking.
It took a LOT of tweaking to get rid of the sound skips in California Speed (still might have one or two in a race on the more demanding tracks)
SF Rush floats between 90-100%, but it's playable.

The next PC I build will not be hurting for horsepower, although I'm undecided on whether it is going in the driving cab or regular cab.

I went ahead about bought FUEL too.  Even if its not that great of a game, at $2.70 I really couldn't say no.  :)

Thanks for mentioning it.  Went back and got it.  Gameplay vids on Youtube look fun.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:12:24 pm by BadMouth »

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 04:23:16 pm »
All codemasters racing games are worth buying at full price, let alone a steal price like the one posted above. I've put in over 1000 hrs across GRID, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, F1 2010 and F1 2011. Grid 1 was extremely underrated and was good ole arcade racing fun, and I'm just gonna come out and say it....Dirt 3 is a much better rally game than Sega Rally Championship 1 *and* 2. Dirt 3's car handling is phenomenal and drifting gives you a satisfaction like no other. Online is a blast as well. No news on a new Dirt game but Codies is gearing up for GRID 2 in a couple months. To say I'm anxiously waiting for pre-order access via steam would be an understatement. I'll be there racing online day 1, May 28th 2013!

Between GRID 2 and 90's arcade racer, my arcade racing thirst will be quenched and fulfilled nicely.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 04:28:05 pm »

For me it's about trying to wring every last bit of performance out of the budget PCs I'm using.
I honestly don't think California Speed or SF Rush would be playable on my cab if I re-enabled all the services related to networking.
It took a LOT of tweaking to get rid of the sound skips in California Speed (still might have one or two in a race on the more demanding tracks)
SF Rush floats between 90-100%, but it's playable.

The next PC I build will not be hurting for horsepower, although I'm undecided on whether it is going in the driving cab or regular cab.

Thanks for mentioning it.  Went back and got it.  Gameplay vids on Youtube look fun.

I'm glad to hear you're planning on building a new rig bro. When do you anticipate having it complete? You're be grinning ear to ear with a new beefy PC once you realize you'll now be able to run a lot more games at full speed, namely the Ridge Racer/Rave Racer series and the Midway/Seattle games in MAME. Heck you might be able to run Ridge Racer V with 5x internal res in PCSX2 now.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 10:20:07 am »
I'm glad to hear you're planning on building a new rig bro. When do you anticipate having it complete? You're be grinning ear to ear with a new beefy PC once you realize you'll now be able to run a lot more games at full speed, namely the Ridge Racer/Rave Racer series and the Midway/Seattle games in MAME. Heck you might be able to run Ridge Racer V with 5x internal res in PCSX2 now.

I'm months away from starting and still unsure exactly what I'm doing.  I have two other projects that need to be finished first.

I picked up an Initial D cab with medium resolution monitor (640 x 480).
It seems a shame to spend a ton of money on a killer cpu and video card only to have it run at 480.
My original plan was just to put together a quick interface for the controls and link it to my current cab.
My old emulator PC has the same specs as the one in my current driving cab, so I could just drop a clone of my driving cab hard drive in it and have a twin setup without going to much trouble.

While having a twin setup would be cool, I'd also like to have something different than what I already have.
All these cheap PC games and widescreen options for emulators are making me want an HD widescreen display.
I also have a cloth racing seat and a few other parts in the mix.  I don't know what direction to go.

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 11:30:32 am »
I also have a cloth racing seat and a few other parts in the mix.  I don't know what direction to go.

Sounds like an awesome problem to have! :cheers:

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »
All codemasters racing games are worth buying at full price, let alone a steal price like the one posted above. I've put in over 1000 hrs across GRID, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, F1 2010 and F1 2011. Grid 1 was extremely underrated and was good ole arcade racing fun, and I'm just gonna come out and say it....Dirt 3 is a much better rally game than Sega Rally Championship 1 *and* 2. Dirt 3's car handling is phenomenal and drifting gives you a satisfaction like no other. Online is a blast as well. No news on a new Dirt game but Codies is gearing up for GRID 2 in a couple months. To say I'm anxiously waiting for pre-order access via steam would be an understatement. I'll be there racing online day 1, May 28th 2013!

Between GRID 2 and 90's arcade racer, my arcade racing thirst will be quenched and fulfilled nicely.

It's funny, if you look at the forums on Steam for Dirt 3 you have people talking about how terrible the handling is in Dirt 3 and such...  Most likely because of the current generation of gamers being a bit spoiled and just any game that they can't just pick up and rock at sucks...  If it has a learning curve like Dirt 3 where you actually need to practice and get the hang of something to be good at it, then it must be an awful game and the developer screwed up.  Kind of like FPS games now, if it isn't like Call of Duty (which allows to an extent anyone to be able to pick it up and do well) then it's a bad game...

Now personally, after turning off all the assists and stuff in Dirt 3, I found the game difficult, challenging, and a heck of a lot of fun...  :)

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 01:03:52 pm »

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »

I'm months away from starting and still unsure exactly what I'm doing.  I have two other projects that need to be finished first.

I picked up an Initial D cab with medium resolution monitor (640 x 480).
It seems a shame to spend a ton of money on a killer cpu and video card only to have it run at 480.
My original plan was just to put together a quick interface for the controls and link it to my current cab.
My old emulator PC has the same specs as the one in my current driving cab, so I could just drop a clone of my driving cab hard drive in it and have a twin setup without going to much trouble.

While having a twin setup would be cool, I'd also like to have something different than what I already have.
All these cheap PC games and widescreen options for emulators are making me want an HD widescreen display.

Ah cool. Whatever direction you go in, don't skip on a good cpu and graphics card once you start shopping for pc parts. Get the best money can buy so you won't have to worry about upgrading any time in the foreseeable future. With games like GRID 2, 90's Arcade Racer, etc, I'm sure you'll eventually want to play them with at the highest settings while getting full speed performance. Haswell is coming out in June and is supposed to be real  cheap, just sayin'  ;)

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 01:19:04 pm »

It's funny, if you look at the forums on Steam for Dirt 3 you have people talking about how terrible the handling is in Dirt 3 and such...  Most likely because of the current generation of gamers being a bit spoiled and just any game that they can't just pick up and rock at sucks...  If it has a learning curve like Dirt 3 where you actually need to practice and get the hang of something to be good at it, then it must be an awful game and the developer screwed up.  Kind of like FPS games now, if it isn't like Call of Duty (which allows to an extent anyone to be able to pick it up and do well) then it's a bad game...

Now personally, after turning off all the assists and stuff in Dirt 3, I found the game difficult, challenging, and a heck of a lot of fun...  :)

I rest my case  :afro:

That's the beauty of Dirt 3. It has that learning curve that reminds me of the old Sega Racers but with better graphics. With a wheel the game is orgasmic, especially in the Group B rally cars. Oh and the Mini at Monte Carlo is the stuff dreams are made of.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 01:19:29 pm »
Ditch the CRT and get a high res LCD.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 08:35:31 pm »
Ditch the CRT and get a high res LCD.

+1

TIGER8855

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2024, 03:14:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
[Steam keys] Dirt 2 $3, Dirt 3 $7, Grid $4 @ Green Man Gaming
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 03:02:23 am »
Thanks for the tip BadMouth. Shame it only lets you buy one if each game as I need 2 of each for my Sega Rally twin conversion.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 08:49:29 am »
Setup another account on steam and green man. I have a steam account for each of my kids. That way we can play over LAN.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 09:20:14 am »
Exactly.  If you need two copies - get two accounts!  You can log into one steam game twice, but its a lot easier to just use two separate accounts.