Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FAO Howard or Badmouth  (Read 2114 times)

MartinJames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2021, 10:10:33 am
FAO Howard or Badmouth
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »
Hi chaps. Could either of you help? Sega Model 2 emulator. All force feedback works on a G27 perfectly, but with my Fanatec crs wheels sega rally and indy 500 vibrate like mad. I can still feel the underlying feedback but it has massive uncentering or something vibrating away when you turn it.many ideas chaps.

I can tell you you cant dial it out with the ini setting unless you know someone I dont! Fyi im building a 4 player setup based on fanatec and happ gear.

Thanks.

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
Re: FAO Howard or Badmouth
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »
To add : daytona works perfectly.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »
Sega Rally and Indy both have the "outrun style" FF.  By that I mean they fluctuate slightly left and right when the wheel is idle.  There really isn't much of a solution for it atm, but turning down the power of the FF should help a lot. 

Just play with your settings until it smooths out a little.  They really should make a difference.  Understand that you have to completely exit model 2 and sometimes even unplug your wheel after changing the settings.   

MartinJames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 05:39:36 am »
Thanks, yes turning down teh FF to almost zero works, but kinda defeats the purpose.

Why does the G27 work fine and my Fanatec does not?

Martin