Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Double image booting latest CD on arcade monitor (Nvidia GeForce FX 5200)?  (Read 2193 times)

tobiasbp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2013, 05:20:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have a PC with a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 and an Ultimarc video amplifier hooked up to the original monitor (TOEI 14 inch color) in a Space Invaders part II cocktail cabinet. Monitor is mounted in a vertical position (I wonder if such a thing as vertical and horizontal monitors exist?)

Having booted the machine, I get a doubled image on my monitor as seen below:

Other observations:
  • I get the double image using any of the these video modes when booting the CD: [VGA-1 15kHz]  [DVI-1 15kHz] 
  • The front end will not launch if I use [DVI-1 15kHz]
  • The front end will launch when I use [VGA-1 15kHz], but the image is severly sheared/garbled

Any ideas? Do I need to get an ATI card? What can I do to try to fix the problem?

Thank you,
Tobias

mamenewb100

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2022, 03:32:29 pm
I wouldn't take my opinion alone but the previous version of GA had a messed up screen with an NVIDIA card on my other CPU and it turned out to be unsupported.

Support for NVIDIA is not near as good as ATI but since last version of GA allot more NVIDIA cards work. You might have one that doesn't.
Life is a Game and we are all being Played.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Well, when I tested with the one Nvidia card that I have (an ancient GeForce 4 Ti 4200), it looked exactly like yours. It turned out interlaced modes are not supported, they just produce a double screen. On the other hand, progressive modes in games looked great.

You'll have better luck with an ATI card, really.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

tobiasbp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2013, 05:20:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have now gotten an ATI Radeon FSC. I now get a normal image when booting from the GroovyArcade CD.