Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: rowe r-84 amp  (Read 3438 times)

retired

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2013, 03:35:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
rowe r-84 amp
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:10:13 am »
Hello: I have a 125 watt ( Rowe part # 6-07438-02 ) amplifier, and I would like to connect it to my pc,and to a pair of TriTrix speakers that I have. The amplifier is the only thing that I have. No other parts or anything from that model jukebox. Can anyone help me with this?    Thanks

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: rowe r-84 amp
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:20:56 am »
Hello Retired,

I can not figuar out why you want to connect this amp to your pc, You would be better selling it on Ebay and buying an amplifier that is more suited to a PC.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

retired

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:28:18 am »
Well, I retired, and now live in Mexio. It would too much of a hassle to sell this thing on the web. In this country, some things are cheap, and some are not. Amps are exspensive here, as with all electronics. A 32" TV in the USA cost about $300.00, here they are about $900.00, after the money conversion. I just wanted a little help, on something that I do not understand. Some people understand electronics, but I am not one of them. I sincerely apologize if I have offended you.         Thanks for the reply anyway

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 07:54:49 am »
Hello retired,

You have not offended me at all, I was suggesting that a more suitable amplifier may be better for your requirements. I am not sure what you would get on the web for it in the USA/Mexico but in the UK these sell from £85.00 working.

The input on the amplifier that you list is for a magnetic cartridge that would have an output of around 9.5mv.
On the center of the amplifier is a input/output socket marked AUX Output where you could connect the output from a CD/ tape player, this input/output would be about 500 to 600mv.

The output from the amp for the left & right channels is into 4ohm speakers (this must never get below 4 ohms, 8 ohm speakes could be used at a reduced full volume).

I hope this of help to you.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

retired

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »
Thank you so very much. I tried what you said, and it is working great for what I wanted to do.  Thanks

retired

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 03:35:43 pm »
Ok, it worked , but now it will not get very loud. I have read pretty much all of your posts on this site about this amp, and I suspect that the problem lies with the mute control. Is there any way that I can bypass this feature? Remember, I have nothing but the amplifier. the only thing I have is the male plug that plugs into the phono speaker recepticle. I do not have the male plug that plugs into the mute recepticle. I connected a CD Player to the aux input, then connected speakers to the phono recepticle, got some sound, but would like to get more. Anything you can tell me, will help.             Thanks from an old RETIRED sea captain with a lot of time on his hands

Lewisneedshelp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2018, 12:58:33 am
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 12:33:51 am »
Hey there was your aux output a 5 pin or 3 pin?