Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: super monaco GP conversion, please help with mamehooker and pacdrive for shaker  (Read 3855 times)

mojod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2013, 03:09:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi guys!
I'm trying to get mamehooker to recognize my pacdrive with end end result being that it drives the shaker motor through whatever magic it is that mamehooker is doing.

The pacdrive is recognized by MaLa.
and it drives the shaker motor for LED events, but that's not what I want it to do.

when I run mamehooker, it goes to the taskbar, I click on that, and then hit Show Supported Devices
I only see

Force Feedback Devices
--------------------

that's it.
nothing else.

works fine with MaLa though.
any suggestions?

included pic is my Super Monaco GP mame conversion that has the ultimarc pac drive already installed and wired up.

i did also point to the location of mame executable.

during gameplay in mame i do hear mamehooker talking about events it finds
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:29:27 pm by mojod »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
MAMEhooker has been on my to-do list for a long time, but so far I haven't got around to using it.
I'll give it a shot in the dark anyway.  (kinda bumping the thread hoping Howard chimes in  :P  )

I assume you're following the instructions here.
http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=mhsetup

You might try a different USB port. 
Just make sure you exit MAMEhooker and it's fully recognized by windows before launching MAMEhooker again.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
The version on the site is far departed from the build I'm currently working on... it could be a bug, I dunno. 

The pacdrive support is a little sketchy, I kind of programmed it blind because I don't have one.  I got confirmation that it worked though.  Ignore the supported devices list and try a test function as the tutorials on the site suggest.  Pac-drive (ultimarc) is in there somewhere. 

Just for the record mamehooker isn't turn-key, you'll have to configure things for each individual game.

mojod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2013, 03:09:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Heh, yep. I went ahead and browsed for the ultimarc test command and turned on the output.
It appears to work!

see? it stops at force feedbacks

this turns on the first output which is wired up to my shaker motor

this turns off the first output.

I guess now I need to start studying some scripts.

Howard, can you make the latest build available?

Thanks!

Also, this captcha system that is set up on this board is ridiculous.  I can't read that! I hit listen to the letters and the voice.. i can't tell the difference between her "f" "x" "s"    or her "t" and her "p"