Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question for Howard re fedit  (Read 2659 times)

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Question for Howard re fedit
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:56:21 pm »
Howard I had a friend who modified fedit so that upon clicking the play button all ffb effects continue to be delivered to my wheel without losing focus even if I click away and launch another program. It works ok in MAME so far, and I'm using it as a workaround until you release the new Hooker. Only downside is fedit loses focus upon exiting MAME. To make matters worse, Clicking the play button fails to re-engage the ffb effect(in my case "spring" and "inertia") and the only way to get them back is to close out fedit completely and re-launch it.

Do you know of a way to keep fedit from losing focus no matter *what*? Whether entering or exiting mame? Kind of a pain in the d00k-chute to keep having to close and reopen it every time I exit a game.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Question for Howard re fedit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 02:03:43 pm »
Well feedit is specifically coded that way, so I doubt it.  It usually has to do with if directinput has been declared in exclusive or non-exclusive mode, but in this case I think it's just a safety mechanism so your devices quit when you aren't working on other stuff. 

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Question for Howard re fedit
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 02:22:42 pm »
ok thanks