Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with FFB on Sega Lindbergh  (Read 3707 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help with FFB on Sega Lindbergh
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:32:06 am »
Hi,

I see most of you tend to be running mame etc but I thought Id try my luck here anyway.

I have got a sega lindbergh with the servo motor board etc, wired everything up last night to my steering assembly but when i load up race tv, the only time im getting anything from the motor is when it is Initilizing Kickback, it kicks into life and slowly rotates to the right mostly, once ingame I get no motion at all and also in test menu etc I get no motion as well.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Help with FFB on Sega Lindbergh
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:44:02 am »
Welcome to the board. Which game are you trying to run? OutRun 2SP Deluxe? If so, I don't think anyone here owns a Lindgergh hardware kit, but you might want to keep an eye for the OutRun 2006 PC hack that Howard is working on. It poised to be the best version of the game yet, once he's done "tweaking" it  :cheers:

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:03:27 am »
running Sega Race TV, will get more games later though.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:19:13 am »
Hi Boomslang.

So far most of the people that hang out in this sub-forum are people with converted cabs running emulators.
Maybe someday we'll attract some arcade techs, but for now you're more likely to find help in the Arcade Miscellaneous forum:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/board,24.0.html
There are a couple techs that check that board regularly.

Longshot, since I have no experience with that setup, but some of us have had an issue where if our motor is wired backwards, we get centering feedback working in reverse.  It "un-centers"  It could also be failing some kind of test at startup.  Make sure any limit switches present are in working order.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:57:21 pm »
Appreciate the reply regardless guys, I will check into this forum regardless. Ive just purchased a Daytona USA 2 twin. As soon as supermodel emulator gets network support ill be converting this cab for pc