Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Mame hacks that make driving games play better with mouse/spinner/360wheel

<< < (2/21) > >>

huwman:
Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is exactly what I'm after. I've got the same problem with the floating centre point on my mame'd chase HQ cab (which has a steering opto, connected to my pc via an optipac).

I've recompiled mame with your file as described, but am still getting the floating centre point issue. Are there any setup options I might have missed? Thanks for any further guidance.

geecab:
Hi! Cheers for giving my hacks a go :) I don't think you've missed any setup options. What version of mame are you compiling with and what game are you trying?

huwman:
Thanks, I'm using mame 145 as that's what you said you were using. It's the first time I've compiled mame, but it seemed to work. I simply copy and pasted your text into the file over the original text, so I think I did that right too.

The game I've tried it with so far is SCI. It seems better than without the hack, but I'm not sure. I've played around with the various analogue settings in mame.

Any chance you could post a compiled version with your hack, just so I could check it's not a problem with my version? Or just the hacked file, then I could use that when compiling? Thanks very much.

geecab:
>>I'm using mame 145 as that's what you said you were using
Thanks, just wanted to make sure.

>>I simply copy and pasted your text into the file over the original text, so I think I did that right too.
Yes that's all you should need to do.

I've just had a go with SCI and it doesn't work for me either. Not sure what SCI is doing differently to outrun/hangon/wecleman, but I'd have to debug it to find out.

How about running outrun, hang-on or wec le man to verify if the fix is working?

huwman:
good idea! i've just tried all three and unfortunately theyre not working. the steering wheel is configured to Paddle Analog and shows up as Mouse X. I must have compiled Mame correctly as it works, which maybe leaves my hacked ioport.c file as the culprit? i'll double check it, but if you've got one you can post that would be great! Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version