Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame hacks that make driving games play better with mouse/spinner/360wheel  (Read 9930 times)

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Mame hacks that make driving games play better with mouse/spinner/360wheel
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 07:03:05 pm »
This is cool but what about those of us with 270 wheels that want to play the 360 games?

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 08:31:03 pm »
This is cool but what about those of us with 270 wheels that want to play the 360 games?

You should play with mame sensibility and find the right setting "in game test mode"....but if you are on beginning to a new project, better to move on a 360 wheel imho.

Martin0037

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 10:49:08 am »
Hi guys.  Great thread this is. Helped me loads so far.  Hope someone can help me here...
Has anyone any idea if a newer version of mame has been released with this sorted or has anyone compiled a newer version of mame with geecabs hack applied?

Ive tried your mame hack version geecab and it works brilliant,  cant seem to run newer games on it such as ridge racer or rave racer,  think ridge racer was 0.159 but I might be wrong.

Im a total noob when it comes to compiling... 

geecab

• Offline Offline
Hi there! I think mame's steering wheel code has changed a bit since I last did my hack. I can no longer compile you a new version of mame on windows as I only have a windows XP machine (and it is not possible to build mame on XP anymore). I use Linux Ubuntu now, so I can compile/test the latest version of mame on that. If I get my hack working with the latest sources of mame on Ubuntu, I could send you my Git "diff" file (I'm not sure if you've heard of the Git source control program? but a Git diff file is just a text file generated by Git that clearly details lines of code have been changed/removed/added). If you are able to compile the latest mame sources 'as is' on your windows machine, then you should simply be able to apply my "diff" file to your sources and you should be able to compile will all my code changes (without any manual editing).

Does this sound like a good way forward? I guess first off, are you able to compile the latest mame source 'as is'?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31