Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Programming TImekeeper RAM chip  (Read 25384 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 10:37:01 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Programming TImekeeper RAM chip
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 10:14:23 am »
i would maybe bump it up to 5.2 and see how it reacts i wouldn't go higher than that. but your 12 volt is really low too. It might be best to change that supply.

Your power supply should have an adjustment on it to adjust the 5 volt line. tweak it VERY slowly and VERY small amounts. a hair can jump it up 0.1 volts.

if you put a new supply in power it up before you hook it all up and ballpark the 5 volts to 5.0 volts. once it's hooked up to your board you'll have to check it again cause the load will bring it down.

Francis2013

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2014, 09:03:44 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 04:47:47 pm »
Hello
I have change the power supply and it seems to have resolved the issue with the Silent scope 1 pcb.
No error 11 p or other
however
I have the message
"Game Mode Locked
please contact your nearest dealer
Please set the password"

:soapbox: :banghead: :badmood: :cry:

TABARNAK

And for the SS2 ram, my programmer told me that he was unable to programm it, since everytime he programm it, the ram change all the time.
I told me that its normal since its a time keeper and the time change all the time, but when I try it, still error 11P.

It seems to me like Konami, is making a big effort to put their machine to sleep after 5-6 years.!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 10:37:01 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »

Delveling

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2017, 06:34:02 am
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2017, 09:11:32 am »
First, Hello everyone and sorry to kick up an old thread.

And then to my question.

I have googled and read forums and datasheets about M48T58Y programming.
I have a dead timekeeper on Silent Scope and I was wondering would it be possible to program the chip using GPIO of Raspberry PI 3?

According to datasheet the minimum high voltage is 2.2V and since RasPI GPIO puts out 3.3V it should be doable right?
Just needs a little bit of programming.

Any ideas or if someone has actually done this even better.

Televicious

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2017, 02:14:44 pm
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 03:08:36 pm »
I have the RTC error issue with a Konami board. I'm trying to fix a Tsurugi RTC error and Konami (betson parts in US) no longer has the images for this games RAM at all and it is officially unsupported. They said they do have silent scope still. So I've found MAME images, but the images are for the European region. I'm trying to hex edit the EA image to JA not sure what the checksum should be for this though. I changed the region lettering in the hex editor and I can see the year is listed as 2002. I'm trying to apply your fix to this, but I have no idea which is the checksum or how to calculate one based on this. Any input is appreciated. I did find a JA .chd file, but cannot extract the U39 rom file and it is listed as being a nonfunctional clone in MAME archives. Thanks in advance for any help.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:57:06 pm by PL1 »

patford

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2023, 11:17:00 am
How to Program Timekeeper RTC with GQ-4x4
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2023, 01:54:31 am »
Hi folks,

As title states, i've been trying to google and youtube but can't seem to find anything useful.

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Tristan