Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hacking Outrun 2006  (Read 359242 times)

twistedsymphony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
Re: Hacking Outrun 2006
« Reply #560 on: November 20, 2014, 03:49:46 pm »
I sent him an email recently to see how he was doing. Due to his health issues he needed to get his stress level down so staying away from BYOAC for the time being was helping him with that. He started some new projects to keep him occupied but AFAIK he's not working on any of the arcade stuff right now.

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #561 on: November 20, 2014, 07:47:55 pm »
Hopefully he's on the mend and starting to feel a bit better.

dirtydog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2016, 01:25:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #562 on: November 21, 2014, 03:35:27 am »
Yes I hope he is okay! And maybe he will feel like continuing with this project at some point, I hope so.

I originally found this thread because I googled to find a mod which would replace the keyboard button prompts with the ones from a 360 pad, obviously what Howard_Casto has done massively surpasses that.  But it isn't available so... does anyone know if there are any other mods which do that?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #563 on: November 23, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »
Dug out the original Xbox tonight to play a bit of original Outrun 2 for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten, because it's been awhile since I've played, but man, it's way harder than Coast 2 Coast. Trying to get the F50 to stay on the track seems to require a lot more skill and finesse than when I usually just belt through the courses in Coast 2 Coast. It's not hard to finish the game and still have time to spare, just hard if you're trying for an absolutely perfect run where you don't clip any curbs or scape any traffic. If you collide with another vehicle when you're powersliding in OR2 the game seems to treat it more like a proper crash as well, as opposed to Coast 2 Coast where you can just, more-or-less, knock them out of the way. Anyway, people here probably know this already, it's just funny what you forget when you haven't played a game in awhile.

This led me to a bit of Outrun 2 random interweb searching and I stumbled across a video of one of the Marubaku guys playing the arcade version of Outrun 2. These guys are like Terminators; They don't feel pity or remorse and they absolutely will nor stop until the arcade racer they're playing has been absolutely beaten into submission.

In short: they are very good.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:41:54 pm by MrThunderwing »

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #564 on: November 24, 2014, 03:00:35 pm »
Dug out the original Xbox tonight to play a bit of original Outrun 2 for the first time in ages. I'd forgotten, because it's been awhile since I've played, but man, it's way harder than Coast 2 Coast. Trying to get the F50 to stay on the track seems to require a lot more skill and finesse than when I usually just belt through the courses in Coast 2 Coast. It's not hard to finish the game and still have time to spare, just hard if you're trying for an absolutely perfect run where you don't clip any curbs or scape any traffic. If you collide with another vehicle when you're powersliding in OR2 the game seems to treat it more like a proper crash as well, as opposed to Coast 2 Coast where you can just, more-or-less, knock them out of the way. Anyway, people here probably know this already, it's just funny what you forget when you haven't played a game in awhile.

This led me to a bit of Outrun 2 random interweb searching and I stumbled across a video of one of the Marubaku guys playing the arcade version of Outrun 2. These guys are like Terminators; They don't feel pity or remorse and they absolutely will nor stop until the arcade racer they're playing has been absolutely beaten into submission.

In short: they are very good.

Man I haven't seen that video in ages. I remember waiting very very VERY impatiently for them to upload their OutRun 2SP video and when I finally saw it, it was like I was in heaven.

It's funny because I came *THIS* close to selling my Original Xbox console on Carigslist last year, but nobody wanted it even at $30USD :lol Suffice it to say I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons. There's something to be said about a console that started it all with Outrun 2 and is the machine that's responsible for all of us loving the game.

Get well soon Howard.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #565 on: November 24, 2014, 04:30:21 pm »
How similar is the arcade version to the original Xbox version?

I sold my San Fran Rush arcade machines because I really want a Sega Twin unit racer. Outrun 2 looks like an awesome cab but I've never played the arcade version and there are none near me. I just bought the Xbox version on eBay to try it out but it'd be nice to know how well it compares to the arcade version before I consider buying one.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #566 on: November 24, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »
Id assume since it was the same hardware, it's gonna be pretty close.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #567 on: November 24, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »
How similar is the arcade version to the original Xbox version?

I sold my San Fran Rush arcade machines because I really want a Sega Twin unit racer. Outrun 2 looks like an awesome cab but I've never played the arcade version and there are none near me. I just bought the Xbox version on eBay to try it out but it'd be nice to know how well it compares to the arcade version before I consider buying one.

Very similar from what I've heard. The arcade Chihiro version was, from what I understand, basically a souped up original Xbox with more memory (512mb vs 64 mb) which allowed for ever so slightly fancier graphics. People have been able to get a beta version of the actual Chihiro version of Outrun 2 working on modified (extra memory added) original Xboxes.

I only ever played the arcade original a few times, and I can honestly say visually I couldn't really tell them apart. The biggest change visually I noticed in the game was when i purchased Outrun Online Arcade on the PS3 and the amazing transition in the game to HD. PC version is also HD and great looking, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, is missing the bloom effects from the PS3 and Xbox versions, so is still not perfect (but does contain the original 15 OR2 tracks that weren't in OOA).

dirtydog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #568 on: November 25, 2014, 06:32:41 am »
One of the main problems with the PC version is that it isn't proper HD, ie. although it does run at HD resolutions, it simply stretches the 4:3 aspect ratio including the cars and the HUD - really it's quite a lazy effort by Sega which given the power of the PC to be capable of an arcade perfect port, is very disappointing.  (Hence my original excitement when I discovered this thread and saw that someone was working on improving the game.)

I've previously owned an Xbox and OutRun 2 as well as 2006, and the Xbox version is better than the PC version - the graphics and shader/lighting effects etc. are superior.  Although it is still 4:3 (at least on a UK PAL Xbox like I had, I know the US versions of Xbox games sometimes had 720p but I don't know if it was true 720p or just stretched).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:35:20 am by dirtydog »

Loafmeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
« Reply #569 on: November 25, 2014, 10:48:14 am »
... I don't recall seeing the graphics stretched incorrectly in any way for the PC version?  :dunno  I did the first time but then I ran the config.exe that comes with the game, chose the right resolution and it looks wondrous here.

dirtydog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #570 on: November 25, 2014, 10:52:54 am »
... I don't recall seeing the graphics stretched incorrectly in any way for the PC version?  :dunno  I did the first time but then I ran the config.exe that comes with the game, chose the right resolution and it looks wondrous here.

Look closer then.  The easiest giveaway is the speedo dial is an oval rather than circular.

dirtydog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #571 on: November 25, 2014, 10:54:30 am »
Compare to the Xbox 360 version

Interestingly the car on the PC version doesn't look stretched to me, which I hadn't noticed before, I assumed it was as well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:57:37 am by dirtydog »

Loafmeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
« Reply #572 on: November 25, 2014, 01:13:23 pm »
I run 3 screens so I don't doubt you on the HUD issue, it's pretty ghastly on 3 screens! LOL.   it was the actual game/track/cars that I didn't see it as a problem (which I see we agree). 

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #573 on: November 25, 2014, 03:01:09 pm »
eesh, stretched anything bugs the crap out of me.

My plan is to buy an actual Chihiro Twin setup. I hope to have the original Xbox game in this weekend so I can refresh my memory on at least that version of the game..

I like the idea of this as a driving cab because I can swap it out for Wangan midnight if I want and Chihiro is one of the few arcade systems that's not emulated yet and it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. Plus the VGA monitors will be helpful if I ever get around to building it into a Racing MAME setup.

Thanks for the info  :cheers:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #574 on: November 25, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »
Here's a quick comparison video I made between the original Xbox version of Outrun 2 and the PC version of Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (the reason I'd dug my old Xbox and a copy of OR2 out in the first place). The added bloom effects in the Xbox game really do make a big difference.

My plan is to buy an actual Chihiro Twin setup.

Twin is cool. 'Course you could always splash out that little bit extra and go for this:

Edit: Or alternatively, you could do what this guy's done:

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:48:20 pm by MrThunderwing »

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #575 on: November 26, 2014, 09:02:20 am »
Twin is cool. 'Course you could always splash out that little bit extra and go for this:

Something tells me that wouldn't fit down the steps to my basement. ... or clear the ceiling once down there  :lol

SEGA4ever

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2015, 05:43:19 pm
« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2015, 03:58:26 am »
HI all!

I have played Out run c2c 2006 on pc,1920x1080 + sweetfx(bloom,sharpeness...) on my 46" hdtv...

Tried my Thrustmaster TX wheel,with a 320mm real leather wheel rim and buttckiker v2 for big vibrations,and WOW this game is absolutly gorgous and fun!

Of course,with real FFB ,OR 2006 will be better and better... ::)

so,with the control panel,i can increasing the spring centering and damper effect to simulate a artificial FFB!
It lacks the FFB to become fantastic,like all Model2/3 racing games with FFB!

THX Howard for this great work. :)

Tiger Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 24, 2016, 02:54:04 pm
  • Arcade games for ever !
« Reply #577 on: January 31, 2015, 02:10:26 pm »
Just played the Japanese PS2 version of 2SP with 2 different logitech wheels on my Japanese PS2  and the FFB is there but so light as almost not to exist.  :badmood:

Howard, your hack might be the only hope for those of us with wheels to experience this game as it was meant to be, with decent FFB!  :applaud:

Also, triple screen support. Actually, it works pretty well except the timer and text and all that being really stretched, all the polygon stuff looks great!

Dear friends,

I am glad that I have joined this fantastic forum with all of you contributing the most to its success !

I own an (original) XBOX on which I play both OR2 and the coast-to-coast versions using my Fanatec Speedster 3 wheel. The game's handling is amazing. At the same time I also own a Logitech G25 which I have tried to use with the PC version of the coast-to-coast to my total disatisfaction. Don't get me wrong, it is not the fact that FF is missing, but I find the handling pretty bad, mostly because I cannot find a way to reduce the deadzone.

To cut the long story short, I have heard that the G25 works with the PS2 version. And if you have the Japanese PS2 you also get some short of FF.

The question is whether G25 is also compatible with the OR coast-to-coast of the European PS2 which I am thinking of buying as I believe that despite how good the Fanatec wheel works the feeling that you get by using the G25 is not comparable.

Has anyone tried it ? If yes, does the sequential shifter work ? I guess that the H-shifter is by no way working.

I look forward to receiving your experiences in this regard with may many thanks !

WBR,

TH

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #578 on: January 31, 2015, 07:20:32 pm »
Just played the Japanese PS2 version of 2SP with 2 different logitech wheels on my Japanese PS2  and the FFB is there but so light as almost not to exist.  :badmood:

Howard, your hack might be the only hope for those of us with wheels to experience this game as it was meant to be, with decent FFB!  :applaud:

Also, triple screen support. Actually, it works pretty well except the timer and text and all that being really stretched, all the polygon stuff looks great!

Dear friends,

I am glad that I have joined this fantastic forum with all of you contributing the most to its success !

I own an (original) XBOX on which I play both OR2 and the coast-to-coast versions using my Fanatec Speedster 3 wheel. The game's handling is amazing. At the same time I also own a Logitech G25 which I have tried to use with the PC version of the coast-to-coast to my total disatisfaction. Don't get me wrong, it is not the fact that FF is missing, but I find the handling pretty bad, mostly because I cannot find a way to reduce the deadzone.

To cut the long story short, I have heard that the G25 works with the PS2 version. And if you have the Japanese PS2 you also get some short of FF.

The question is whether G25 is also compatible with the OR coast-to-coast of the European PS2 which I am thinking of buying as I believe that despite how good the Fanatec wheel works the feeling that you get by using the G25 is not comparable.

Has anyone tried it ? If yes, does the sequential shifter work ? I guess that the H-shifter is by no way working.

I look forward to receiving your experiences in this regard with may many thanks !

WBR,

TH

FFB for the Logitech G25 is supported in the pS3 version of OOA as well, which was only released in Europe. Try that one.

I really wish Howard would come back :(

Tiger Heli

• Offline Offline
« Reply #579 on: February 01, 2015, 02:07:03 am »
Dear Isamu,

Thank you for your reply. Unfo the OOA for the PS3 has been removed from the servers and is no longer available for download due to "the expiry of the contract with Ferrari". 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #580 on: February 01, 2015, 05:51:27 am »
yea the only way to get outrun for the ps3 now is the have a modded ps3. The psn files can be found pretty easily. same thing with daytona usa. I added them to my ps3 earlier in the year.  Outrun coast to coast (us and pal) has no wheel support at all on the ps2. Only the japanese outrun 2sp does. I havent tried my g25 with my ps2 yet but it does work on the ps2 emulator using the gt force plugin. While battle gear 3 has great ffb on pcsx2, i just played outrun2 on pcsx2 and the ffb basically absent. the wheel would give a faint turn if you hit a wall and small rumble if you went over dirt. Im not sure if thats how it is on the real hardware. ill try out on the real ps2 but i dont it will even pick up the g25. a lot of these older games only supported the gt force and the force gt wheels.

Tiger Heli

• Offline Offline
« Reply #581 on: February 01, 2015, 07:56:10 am »
Dear friend,

Your feedback has been received with much appreciation.

If I undestood correctly from your message you will give a try of the coast-to-coast OutRun on your (non-Japanese) PS2 that will be connected to a G25.

I really look forwarding receiving your feedback on whether this has worked or not (even without FF). If G25 doesn't co-operate at all (or you think that it responds in a terrible, non-playable manner), then I will solely look to pursue your idea with the modded PS3.

Though it looks strange that (regardless of having or not FF) only the Japanese PS2 supports the G25 and not any of the US or the European versions.

Again many thanks in advance for your assistance.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #582 on: February 01, 2015, 09:47:11 am »
yea the only way to get outrun for the ps3 now is the have a modded ps3. The psn files can be found pretty easily. same thing with daytona usa. I added them to my ps3 earlier in the year.

Can you still do online play with a modded PS3? I was thinking about posting a thread to try and organise some online games of Daytona USA and Outrun Online Arcade for any PS3 users here - I've got no idea if you actually can even still play these games online though. I asked over at the official Sega forum and got no official response from any of the mods there, but a few of the members reckon that any matches are just hosted peer-to-peer, so even though official support for these games is dead, in theory you still be able to play online. Anyone up for giving it a try?

Tiger Heli

• Offline Offline
« Reply #583 on: February 01, 2015, 10:03:52 am »
I have no experience with PS3 and their online service. I am only interested inplaying the game against the CPU. I believe this shouldnt be a problem.

But first I will wait to see whether our friend SegaOutrun hits the jackpot with a PS2-coast to coast-G25 setup.

BTW: Can someone tell me how to reduce the deadzone of my G25 when playing the coast-to-coast on my pc ?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:14:17 pm by Tiger Heli »

SEGA4ever

• Offline Offline
« Reply #584 on: February 01, 2015, 03:20:05 pm »
HI,all!
...hi "isamu ECCI 7000"! ;D

I have got all outrun 2 versions(exept the real arcade cab),xbox,pc,ps2 (jap),xbox360.

I have tried the OR2 sp jap version on pcsx 2 :

with Qemu USB Driver (wheel mod) 0.5.1 plugin + GT Force emulation,and the FFB is very weak,the vibration off road and cars collisions are very good with my Thrustmaster TX wheel + T500rs GT rim = 1.2 kg(only used for arcade racing  games) :o

I think the best version to enjoying it,is the ps2 jap version...

I used this setting for a close visual as the xbox version(with bloom effetcs):

PCSX2 GIT -14.12.24" from emucr!

All defaut,speedhack...etc

GSDX plugin: GSdx-32 AVX /Direct3D11 Hardware

-interlacing = none
- Reso scaling = 4x native
-all ticked : shader boost  (shad boost setting = 55/55/60)/fx shader/fxAA.
-Texture filtering and enable HW Hacks ,Skipdraw = 2(to remove the blue fog) + half pixelOFFset ticked too.

The game looks very beautifull with this setting and runs at smooth 60 fps on my HDTV 1080p 46"

I noticed too,square ugly shadows on the jungle track and with the HW HACKS option it disapear! ;)

Now,we have a good mix of pc,xbox,racade versions!
Enjoy!

HOWARD, we miss you bro...comeback soon. :'(

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #585 on: February 01, 2015, 06:37:26 pm »
HI,all!
...hi "isamu ECCI 7000"! ;D

I have got all outrun 2 versions(exept the real arcade cab),xbox,pc,ps2 (jap),xbox360.

I have tried the OR2 sp jap version on pcsx 2 :

with Qemu USB Driver (wheel mod) 0.5.1 plugin + GT Force emulation,and the FFB is very weak,the vibration off road and cars collisions are very good with my Thrustmaster TX wheel + T500rs GT rim = 1.2 kg(only used for arcade racing  games) :o

I think the best version to enjoying it,is the ps2 jap version...

I used this setting for a close visual as the xbox version(with bloom effetcs):

PCSX2 GIT -14.12.24" from emucr!

All defaut,speedhack...etc

GSDX plugin: GSdx-32 AVX /Direct3D11 Hardware

-interlacing = none
- Reso scaling = 4x native
-all ticked : shader boost  (shad boost setting = 55/55/60)/fx shader/fxAA.
-Texture filtering and enable HW Hacks ,Skipdraw = 2(to remove the blue fog) + half pixelOFFset ticked too.

The game looks very beautifull with this setting and runs at smooth 60 fps on my HDTV 1080p 46"

I noticed too,square ugly shadows on the jungle track and with the HW HACKS option it disapear! ;)

Now,we have a good mix of pc,xbox,racade versions!
Enjoy!

HOWARD, we miss you bro...comeback soon. :'(

SEGA4ever beautiful post my friend. Lots of good info. I can confirm that the JPN version of OUtRun 2SP for PS2 does indeed support *TRUE* FFB! I own the original disc and played it in PCSX2.....unfortunately however, this was before Qemu and Racer_S got together and brought out the ridiculously awesome FFB plugin for PCSX2(something I thought would NEVER happen!).

Playing the game with the LilyPad plugin delivers only rumble to your wheel, and it isn't very good. I am simply chomping at the bits to try the Qemu plugin! Can't do it at the moment because I'm without a wheel(sold the ECCI 7000) but I'm saving up for Berney's wheel, which is the greatest FFB wheel ever made(at a premium cost of course). Hoping to get it by this summer/fall.

I put a lot of hours into OR2SP in PCSX2 and played it quite a bit. The steering and gameplay is very good but my experience with the game's performance wasn't so good. Not sure if it was my settings but the game would suffer from bad stuttering upon colliding with any objects particularly the road side objects(walls, rails, etc). Keep in mind this was on a very old build of PCSX2(some build from like 2012) so I'm hoping they've made improvements to the emulator that's eliminated this issue, because if they have that will awesome. SEGA4ever do you experience any stuttering at all when crashing into other cars or road objects?

Despite the great port and our ability to play OR2SP in PCSX2 with upscaled graphics, I personally would still prefer to play the PC version with all the enhancements Howard was working on. He was on the verge on brining some *incredible* improvements to the game, not only with the FFB but a bunch of other little things as well. It was on track to be a masterful project. The much higher res textures alone makes the choice of which version to play quite easy.

Anyway who knows, maybe he'll be back someday.  :cheers:

SEGA4ever

• Offline Offline
« Reply #586 on: February 02, 2015, 08:31:42 am »
Hi,ISAMU!
 Totaly agree with you,the pc version is potentialy the best and more cleaner for me...textures filtering,reflections of cars...sweetfx for adding bloom,HDR effects ...etc

I did'nt know you sold your great ECCI 7000 for an ACCUFORCE wheel(i 'm waiting for review!lol)! :o

My specs: I5 2500K 4.4 ghz + hd 7970 ghz + 8 go ddr3 + ssd crucial M4 128go...

No stuttering,but sometime a little fps drop,at the same areas with a lot of cars

also...because the 4x native reso-scal + smoke effect + shader boost....etc

This pcsx2 built is the best and without speed hack at all,in my case!

You should trying to increase speed hack options,if your pc is not powerfull!

ps: Played with the 360 pad,and it is very fun with strong vibrations with lilypad plugin(big motor + small motor mixing)...with my tx wheel only constant forces are available with small and big motors and square,sawtooth...= same FFB

When i hit a car from side = strong left/right vibration , off road = no vibration,but quick left/right FFB like i hit a wall,but very good directional FFB effects!

The best FFb should be directional constant force + vibration like XINPUT x360 rumbles!

edit: enabling fx shader = ugly square shadows on the road...so untick this option resolves this issue!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:45:40 am by SEGA4ever »

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #587 on: February 03, 2015, 06:05:39 pm »
My specs: I5 2500K 4.4 ghz + hd 7970 ghz + 8 go ddr3 + ssd crucial M4 128go...

No stuttering,but sometime a little fps drop,at the same areas with a lot of cars

also...because the 4x native reso-scal + smoke effect + shader boost....etc

This pcsx2 built is the best and without speed hack at all,in my case!

You should trying to increase speed hack options,if your pc is not powerfull!

Man, your processor speed must be making a real big difference to this. I've also got an i5 (2.90 GHz), with the same amount of memory and  a reasonable Nvidia card and I can't get OR2 SP2 running full speed even at it's native resolution on PCSX2. Admittedly I haven't tried the specific build you've mentioned, I used the latest compiled one from EmuCR and also tried my 'normal' one and there wasn't any differences between them.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #588 on: February 03, 2015, 08:15:03 pm »
it runs alot better on the daily builds. on the official 1.21 i was getting 45fps on my 2500k, using a build from last week, it runs at 60fps with a few dips in heavy traffic area.

Tiger Heli

• Offline Offline
« Reply #589 on: February 06, 2015, 04:14:08 pm »
Can anyone tell me how can I reduce the deadzone on the G25 when playing the pc version ?

Thanks

SEGA4ever

• Offline Offline
« Reply #590 on: February 06, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »
Hi,it is very easy to do ,man!

You need to check " Enable centering spring option and put it to something like: 25/30%

It will give you stronger resistance on the center of your wheel without dead zone!

allow game... = unticked!!

If it doesn't,you will need the "XinputCntSpring.rar" (posted by ISAMU on page 5 or 6?),it worked with my old Fanatec CSR wheel on ps3 mod(on ps3 mod,it emulates a G 25),so it will be good for a real g25,lol.

Ps:Today,i have tried a real twin cab of outrun 2 sp  and i I have make two races(finished 1er vs a good racer,lol) and noticed a weak and basic FFB,a little desappointed...

...but it was very fun to drift with a strong wheel and FFB effects! 8)

ps2: First time i try the pc version with howard 's OR2fxt and with 360 pad it is just perfect,better than lillypad rumble and more rumbles,CONGRATULATION HOWARD! :applaud:
...i don't imagine with real directional FFB with a good high end wheel! :)

Tiger Heli

• Offline Offline
« Reply #591 on: February 06, 2015, 06:01:10 pm »
Thanks SEGA4ever, I will follow your instructions.

Yesterday I received a copy of Outrun 2 for the original Xbox. I felt that my Fanatec Speedster 3 behaved much better than in the coast-to-coast version.

One of the cons though is that the cheats, i.e. Cars, bonus tracks unlocking etc. cannot be permanently installed after first being setup and one needs to insert the codes every time the game is loaded.

I am still trying to find a modded PS3 to buy in Greece, to download Outrun Online Arcade and play our fav game with the G25. Unfortunately so far all the shops which advert they sale modded ps3 havent respinded to my enquiry.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:04:39 pm by Tiger Heli »

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #592 on: February 06, 2015, 09:28:35 pm »
One of the cons though is that the cheats, i.e. Cars, bonus tracks unlocking etc. cannot be permanently installed after first being setup and one needs to insert the codes every time the game is loaded.

If you unlock stuff the legitimate way, i.e. without cheating, it'll stay permanently unlocked and you won't need to keep putting cheat codes in every time you turn the machine on.

Nuexzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2023, 01:26:58 am
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2015, 11:30:01 am »
MrThunderwing you could send me screenshots of the way (menu) to get to the bonus tracks?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2015, 12:23:51 pm »
You're in luck old son, I still had some of the raw footage from a recent Xbox System link video I uploaded using the bonus stages.

There are two ways to access them: Clear all Stage 4 and 6 Missions to unlock bonus stage 1 and 2 respectively or the easy way is to enter the code TIMELESS into the gallery password screen. If you unlock them by completing the challenges they'll stay unlocked every time you power up the game. Apparently in the Japanese Xbox version the code does not work and they can only be unlocked by completing the challenges.

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2015, 02:10:40 pm »
correct, i have euro and jap version on my original xbox. euro version let you enter the code and the jap version does not. The jap version also has some difference in the bonus levels and is considered the better version. my favorite part of the bonus level is the more than 360* turn. The disappointing part is that even with composite cables, they do not age well. 

Can anyone with a modded xbox 360, try to play outrun 2 (eu and jp version) and record it? im curious if the 360 upscaling of original games helps. i already have a modded ps3 so ive held off on spending $150+ for one game that may or may not work/look better on a modded xbox360. They should work with the leaked compatibility files and an xbox 360 wheel since outrun coast to coast works on the 360.

Tiger Heli

• Offline Offline
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »
yea the only way to get outrun for the ps3 now is the have a modded ps3. The psn files can be found pretty easily. same thing with daytona usa. I added them to my ps3 earlier in the year.  Outrun coast to coast (us and pal) has no wheel support at all on the ps2. Only the japanese outrun 2sp does. I havent tried my g25 with my ps2 yet but it does work on the ps2 emulator using the gt force plugin. While battle gear 3 has great ffb on pcsx2, i just played outrun2 on pcsx2 and the ffb basically absent. the wheel would give a faint turn if you hit a wall and small rumble if you went over dirt. Im not sure if thats how it is on the real hardware. ill try out on the real ps2 but i dont it will even pick up the g25. a lot of these older games only supported the gt force and the force gt wheels.

Dear SegaOutrun,

It seems that I found my way round to acquire a  modded (European) PS3, on which OOA will be preinstalled.

The questions is whether the modded PS3 can play also the Japanese Outrun 2 SP for the PS2. If yes, do I need to have a NTSC-J compatible television set (or due to the fact that the modded PS3 is a European one a standard HD sold in European countries will do the job) ?

Last but not least (if "yes" is the answer to the above) will it be compatible with the G25 ?

Awaiting for your valuable input, I remain

With many thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:35:01 pm by Tiger Heli »

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2015, 02:28:54 pm »
yes, it can play ps2 games and it doesnt matter if its pal/ntsc. But its pointless, unless you got an Version 1 PS3 with hardware emulation, you will not be able to use your steering on the ps3 to play ps2 games. Later versions ps3 can software emulate ps2 games but it does not emulate the usb ports so it will not see your wheel as a wheel, it will read it as regular dualshock. you can read more about ps3/ps2 stuff in my post.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,138432.0.html

also while the mods usually dont say anything about discussing emulated games, asking for downloads will get you in trouble, i recommend editing your post.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2015, 07:39:42 pm »
i have euro and jap version on my original xbox. euro version let you enter the code and the jap version does not. The jap version also has some difference in the bonus levels and is considered the better version. my favorite part of the bonus level is the more than 360* turn. The disappointing part is that even with composite cables, they do not age well. 

Funnily enough just last week I decided I was going to bite the bullet and have a go at soft modding one of my original Xboxs, mainly so I could give the Japanese version of OR2 a go and try the enhanced versions of the Scud Race and Daytona 2 bonus levels - I saw some videos of them on YouTube ages ago (in the pre-Supermodel years) and ever since then my Euro versions have felt a bit inadequate and I've wanted to give them a try ever since. I've got a Jap OR2 ISO burnt to DVD ready to go, I'm just waiting on a cable to arrive from China, that I bought on eBay, that'll let me connect a USB thumb drive to my Xbox to transfer across the necessary files. I'm guessing you went down the soft mod route yourself to get the Jap version working?

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #599 on: February 07, 2015, 10:59:15 pm »
small world. I had softmodded it ages ago and i had coast to coast on it but, it was just collecting dust. i hadnt played with it in over a year and two weekends ago i was researching if it was worth getting and xbox 360 and i was looking at racing games it could play and I came across a post talking about the bonus levels. I ended up watching your video on the bonus level on your youtube channel and I decided to dust off the xbox. I also upgraded the HDD with a spare 80gb hdd i had to ftp the games to the hdd. The hdd is not needed but my computer doesnt even have a dvd drive anymore and i didnt want to keep burning disc on my brother pc, especially since the xbox is very picky about burned disc. pm me if you have any questions