Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hacking Outrun 2006  (Read 359126 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Hacking Outrun 2006
« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »
Well it would have to be related to either rumble or the physics, because those are the only two things that remain disabled until the race starts.  Your screen shot conveniently covers the physics section of the status window.  ;)

Xinput is screwy, it's the only dll I've seen that needs installed.  I tried to use the windows 8 xinput1_4.dll on my system (because it extends functionality somewhat) and it wouldn't work.  You might wanna try mamehooker.  It's implementation is identical to what I'm using in the wrapper. 

If XP only supports xinput1_2 or something I can probably add in support.  I need to see if xinput has an alias in the api declaration, so I can just call xinput and have windows take care of the rest. 

The only other thing I can think of is a few of the physics values are static.  90% of the values I've found are offsets (exe address + address) so those will work universally, but the statics might have issue with xp depending upon the memory location it's throwing the game into.  I thought that stuff was pretty universal though.

SegaOutrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2014, 03:11:00 pm »
seems to be working on a bootleg version just fine. sadly this is main pc and not my cab so i havent tested the rumble or anything else.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #282 on: April 05, 2014, 03:41:34 pm »
Well we've got one confirmed working, so that's good.  ;)  Is Xinput installed on that pc?  I'm just trying to narrow down marchetto's issues. 

Man that RPM value is way off.  I'm beginning to think it's the position of the needle and not the actual value.  Different cars have different rpm gauges afterall. 

I know right now everyone is feeling out the alpha, but there's something else I want to discuss.  While looking through the graphics to fix Clarissa I noticed something rather disturbing.  Many of the graphical icons have artifacts.  They are all saved as dtx5, which is loss-less compression, so this has to be an error on the developers part.  Things that were particularly bad include the "heart" icon and the time digits.  I think if someone wanted to work on these we might be able to clean up the hud somewhat.  I mean it's still going to be 480ip, but at least it would be a clean 480p. 

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:42:27 am
« Reply #283 on: April 05, 2014, 04:48:55 pm »
Howard, the 1.1 version fixed the issue without the need to install other xinput dll's other than the default!! Now Outrun 2006 Coast to coast Pc version rumbles like a beauty in my racing cab!

GREAT work man!!  :applaud:

I am 100% satisfied, even with this alfa...

BUT

i know that you wanna every single aspect in perfect working order, so i must report that i was not able to have the japanese tracks working, nor the horn. I have a horn button correctly mapped, but i cannot hear any sound when the button is pressed. In addition, i couldnt hear the system "beep" while pressing the brake pedal (it's a digital micro switched pedal in my cab, so a button essentially) and then the japanese tracks in the preview.

For the system beep, it's more than likely that i could not hear it because system sounds are disabled in my cab to avoid windows not-so-arcade login and logoff and popup and so on sounds... but what about the horn sound and jap musics?

:cheers:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:55:28 pm by baritonomarchetto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2014, 05:50:42 pm »
Well I'm actually using the same api that windows uses to play sounds, so to hear the horn/beep you are going to have to re-enable them. 

For the japan tracks... not a big deal, I can use another method to play that and the system beep is just a place holder anyway.  I'm nto sure why it wouldn't switch though... that has nothing to do with the sound effect.  It might be that you are just toggling it back to the default sounds.  The brake pedal works like a toggle... hold to switch to Japan tracks, release and hold again to switch back.  I just tested with digital pedals and they work just fine.

For the horn, the loop is so tight (to keep the horn sound constant as you hold) that I don't know if other methods would work.  It's also why I'm using a cruddy old wav file btw... no compression so it loads faster.

Good news btw.  I mentioned in the readme that there isn't any rumble when you hit/grind cars due to Outrun fudging the physics.  I played the game a while to see if there was anything else I could tap into and I noticed that even the smallest impact with another car generates sparks.  So I tapped into the spark engine.  The effect works fairly well and as an added bonus now if you grind into a guard rail you get their weird oscillation effect that makes it feel like you are really mangling the car. 

Now it isn't a physics value, so it isn't perfect... it a tad delayed and doesn't match what you are experiencing on the screen 100%.  I would describe this particular effect as "arcadey" but for this game that isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

So all that's left in terms of physics is maybe a fudge to get an effect when you hit heart targets (beach ball, ghosts, ect) and road cones.  I might be able to tap into the sound engine for that one. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:57:10 pm by Howard_Casto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2014, 07:41:10 pm »
Found another value that might be useful... the pitch applied to the engine sound.  You hardcore guys might find that one useful for a sim rig.  ;)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #286 on: April 05, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »
Ok, another alpha to try out.  This one eliminates the requirement of the Japan Music (so I can make small packages again) and more importantly has the "Spark Force" hooked up so you can feel impact with cars!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:57:12 am by Howard_Casto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #287 on: April 06, 2014, 01:16:44 am »
Ok while I'm on a roll, I might as well keep going. 

Now that most of the basic physics are out of the way, I'm going to implement the Output system for communication with Mamehooker.  Because individual physics names and values are still a little up in the air, right now I'm just going to hook up stuff like the pause state, lamps, ect. 

I will eventually expose every single memory location I'm hooking though.  That way if the force-feedback I craft doesn't suit you, you'll have the option to script your own via mamehooker. 

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #288 on: April 06, 2014, 03:37:23 am »
[...]right now I'm just going to hook up stuff like the pause state, lamps, ect. 

As always, you are covering the "extra mile"! Thanks!  :applaud:

About the jap tracks: when you say to hold the brake pedal, do you mean that i have to keep it pressed for, i.e. 3 seconds or more?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:39:07 am by baritonomarchetto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #289 on: April 06, 2014, 03:52:59 am »
The function I use is, if the previous value of the brake was not greater than 250 and the current value is, swap out the tracks.  So you have to press it "fully" once.  Not really a problem with a digital button (your only options are a full 0 or a full 255)  There really isn't a time period.  One press toggles the Jap tracks a second toggles back, ect....

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2014, 05:19:15 am »
Tested the new version: the "out-of-track" rumble works great (like before), but the "collision with other cars" one is not working on my wheel

BUT

i must say that only one rumble output is connected to my wheel (i don't remember if it's the left or right ATM) so i cannot feel the one not connected. Another possibility is that you set a strenght <10000 which, in mamehooker, is not sufficient to rumble the motor i am using so probably it's not with OR2FXT too.

I also reactivated the windows "beeps and annoying loging logoff popup ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---", but i was not able to hear the jap tracks (nor the activation beep).

The horn is still not played.

I gave a check to the button press detection by the debug utility, and the button presses are not recorded untill the start of the race, then they are. So, in the mode/car/music selection menu they are not recorded but i can see a full brake press (255) while in game. The debug window shows the pressing of the horn (button "16" , right arrow) too, but only in-game.

The brake is mapped to the "2" keyboard button and the horn to the "RIGHT" arrow. Maybe the mixed configuration i am using (360 pad X-axis for wheel, PS/2 keyboard for the digital buttons) makes things harder?

just that i am here, let me suggest a couple of things:

- possibility to control the rumble strenght (i know that this could be an easy task, i learned it from mamehooker advanced Xinput outputs  ;D)

- possibility to send all the outputs to one single rumble motor...

Ah, almost forgot: the first time i launched the config utility (with the first exe i mean) the default resolution set was "0x640" ... not a big problem, you can change it easily, but for sure fixing this could avoid some "issue not issue" reported from the casual user  that launches the main program straight forward ;) (don't ask me why i noticed that running it straight forward doesn't work  :embarassed: :lol)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:24:34 am by baritonomarchetto »

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 01:21:47 pm
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #291 on: April 06, 2014, 12:53:49 pm »
The horn is still not played.
I noticed the horn.wav is very low volume. Perhaps test it by replacing it (temporary) by a louder sample and see if you can hear that one?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2014, 02:28:41 pm »

The Japan swap does work for other people, I confirmed it.  But you didn't mention using the keyboard either.  Keyboard keys are stored in another location and use another value.  I believe the brake is 2048.  I can add support for that easily.  Let me guess, your horn is mapped to the keyboard as well.  When in the menus the horn is mapped to a crazy button value like -32000.  You say it gives you a 16 in game though, so I dunno. 

As for the singular motor stuff, while I do intend to add more configuration options you understand that you are asking me to modify the code just so it'll run better on your particular hack job right?  ;)  Don't get me wrong, I'll probably add them anyway, but keep this in mind. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #293 on: April 06, 2014, 04:51:26 pm »
I'll work on the issues you guys had in a little while.  Right now Boomslang has sent me s bunch of captured attract modes from various incarnations of Outrun 2.  (Lindbergh is on the way btw.  ;) )

I just finished converting the Xbox attract of classic Outrun 2 and it looks pretty good.  Now the "press enter" message is still there because on the pc version it's a sprite, but I'll be removing that in subsequent revisions, so don't worry. 

I'll try to convert them and upload them tonight, but be warned they are frikkin huge!  bik files are built for speed, not compression, so a 24 meg mp4 he sent me became 54 megs by the time I converted it, and that was after trimming off several seconds of unneeded footage!  Oh and archiving them, even with 7z, take a whopping 1meg off the download size, so I won't even bother. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #294 on: April 06, 2014, 05:35:58 pm »
Ok here is what I discovered with the keyboard inputs..... yeah they are borked and I'm not supporting them. 

[Iwata]
Preeze undastand. 

While the bit-masking for gamepads is universal (the horn is 16 regardless of what button you have it mapped to, ect) with the keyboard input it depends upon what key you have it mapped to and the value is NOT a asc value or a virtual keycode.  In addition, most of Outrun's inputs for menu navigation are hard coded.  Those values I DO get... so there you go. 

So it would be surprisingly difficult, if not impossible for me to detect Outrun's keyboard status, while it would be relatively easy for you guys to just use ppjoy, vjoy,  or hook your controls up to a hacked gamepad or something.

[/Iwata]

As I mentioned, I'll eventually be taking over outrun's inputs and doing that stuff myself, so it's best to just wait for then.  I will support keyboards, only the data I actually send to Outrun will be the joystick commands, so it's easier that way.  I might look into finding the keyboard buffer, but honestly, it probably isn't worth the effort.

So sorry guys, but there isn't an easy fix for this one. 

Btw I got the outputs hooked up last night.  Another alpha is probably due to drop soon.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #295 on: April 06, 2014, 11:53:12 pm »
I've started parting out the effects I preparation for true force-feedback and since it was requested I'm doing the same with Xinput.  You'll be able to set which gamepad gets an effect (if any) which motor it goes to (left, right or both) and the multiplier.  That should do it although I'm having a hard time testing. 

I have one wireless pad and one wired one.  The wireless adapter totally screws up when I plug the wired controller in, so once I'm ready if anyone could test that would be great. 

In the meantime, here is the first video

Outrun 2 Attract Mode Chiharo (Japan)

These take quite a while to upload, so bear with me. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:28:36 am by Howard_Casto »

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #296 on: April 06, 2014, 11:59:18 pm »
thank for the vid. you link is a bit messed up tho. you left the quotation marks on. i was able to fix it and download it tho.

UPDATE: I think there's a formatting error. I get a blank screen with "press enter" when I replace the video NEVERMIND, I PUT IT IN THE WRONG FOLDER. ITS WORKING NOW

HC, im not sure if the source was pixelated but, it think you might be compressing the video too much. it look fine at the title but once it goes into gameplay it looks like 240/360p youtube vid.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:28:51 am by SegaOutrun »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2014, 12:36:03 am »
Fixed, the link, sorry. 

No I downloaded the video from my mediafire account to be sure... it plays in the game just fine. 

It should be in the "mv" folder renamed to "TitleScreen.bik"

Maybe your download corrupted?  It's 47megs

Also something of note about bik videos is that if your system resources are busy they don't play correctly. Likewise if you try to re-size the window in windowed mode or anything like that.  I thought I had screwed up one of the vids but it turned out it was just the video converter running in the background.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:38:22 am by Howard_Casto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2014, 12:40:08 am »
If you are talking about the gameplay portion of the video, nope, that's just how it looks.  The chiharo version of OR2 ran on a 480i arcade monitor.  ;)

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2014, 12:42:46 am »
okay HC, i finally had time to put it in my cab and sadly i get nothing out out my driving force gt. i tried 1.0 and 1.2. what can i check for to help you figure out the issue?

Win 7 x64. driving force gt wheel. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2014, 12:45:17 am »
Isn't that a DirectInput wheel?

Right now only Xinput (360 gamepads) works. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2014, 12:49:59 am »
Ok here's the Xbox version, which I actually prefer.  It's about the same, only no Japanese text and a better sound track.

Outrun 2 Attract Mode Xbox

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2014, 12:56:38 am »
ohhh. I guess it is, I dont know this stuff. i was excited =(

Sidenote: btw I tried my official wireless xbox 360 controller and got nothing either.

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2014, 01:02:32 am »

The Japan swap does work for other people, I confirmed it. 
perfect then, noone reported so i gave my feedback...
As for the singular motor stuff, while I do intend to add more configuration options you understand that you are asking me to modify the code just so it'll run better on your particular hack job right?  ;)  Don't get me wrong, I'll probably add them anyway, but keep this in mind.
Actually you are getting me wrong. I am only trying to anticipate issues that those users trying to keep the cabinet as unmodified as possible will have to face (the use of a PS/2 PCB like JammASD or jpack is almost mandatory... not sure if the mire recent jpack is USB, but the old PS/2 is common out there)
AAAAND
cabinets factory supporting rumble have only one motor
;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:04:52 am by baritonomarchetto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2014, 01:10:27 am »
Yes, but this is Xinput.  Xinput is for 360 gamepads only.  I will add force feedback later, as well as mamehooker support for something like a solenoid trigger.  I appreciate the fact that you hacked a 360 gamepad, but I doubt that's the route that 99.99% of the people are going to take.  Keyboard encoders aren't uncommon, but that particular hack is.

Not sure why you are replying though, I already mentioned that I've implemented what you asked for.

SegaOutrun: 

The official wireless gamepad is actually what I'm using to test.  Right now it's hard-coded for gamepad 1 ("1" light is lit up on your gamepad).  In the next version, which I'm about to release in a minute, it will be configurable.   

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2014, 01:20:34 am »
Here we go, 1.3a

Xinput is configurable
Made the horn work a bit better (It should even work with keyboard inputs finally)
Mamehooker support for the lamps
some minor stuff

The rest is in the readme 

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2014, 01:36:51 am »
ah my xbox controller was "2". maybe thats why. I turned off my cab so, ill try it again tomorrow but, im sure that was the reason.

sidenote: Im not sure if this is related to your stuff or i did something but ghost are driving my cars. there's no one inside driving. I didnt notice this until i raced a convertible.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2014, 01:44:12 am »
Cool.  I've gotta get up in the morning, so I'm done for the night as well. 

One more thing though.  If you have "special" drivers setup for your 360 controllers then they probably aren't Xinput anymore.  I know the whole point of XBCD in particular is to make the 360 controllers show up as DirectInput devices.  I think there is a method to switch between the two, but you'd have to look it up.

Me and marchetto were discussing this in the mamehooker thread.... they do a great job with the input, but not so much rumble... I don't have much control over them. 

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2014, 03:20:30 am »
sidenote: Im not sure if this is related to your stuff or i did something but ghost are driving my cars. there's no one inside driving. I didnt notice this until i raced a convertible.

If with "ghosts are driving my cars" you mean that some button is kept pressed even if you are not holding anything, well i had a similar problem with japanese custom drivers for 360: in OC2C the accelerator was always hold. Solved by rolling back to default drivers.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2014, 09:20:34 am »
I wonder if he means the characters are missing from that description.  I did release some texture mods in the past, but apparently they work because I'm still using them.  I can't think of anything that would kill the models though, corrupt the textures maybe. 

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2014, 09:46:48 am »
... now that "I didnt notice this until i raced a convertible" makes sense ...  ::)

Giddygoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 04:13:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:01 am »
First of all, I just want to say this project is very exciting and its great to see renewed interest in this again, Well done to Howard keep up the good work! I converted a Sega F355 shell into a Outrun 2 cab running this PC version of the game with an ultimarc Apac. The full restoration can be seen here.

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56294&title=sega-f355-conversion-to-outrun-2

I have included a few pics of your updates on my cab, new movie and icon button are excellent!!

Can I make a few suggestions, I know I am not a programmer so I may appear to asking the impossible, if so then I'm sorry

First of all, I added the new attract movies today and I noticed that free play PRESS START BUTTON is recorded on the screen capture and then you have the actual sprite PRESS ENTER as in the below picture, can there option to remove the PRESS ENTER sprite or make it transparent.

Also is it possible to swap this loading screen with the arcade version that says PLEASE WAIT, or I think it says that? or maybe just the text.

Another suggestion is probably the most un-likely possible but I thought I'd ask, is it possible after pressing enter from the attract screen that the game takes you straight to Outrun 2 racing mode, rather then having to scroll three options to the right? again I don't expect thats possible, just that would hide the fact that its the PC version.

Also last thing I still have the Sega motor inside my cab, will the Force Feedback hook up your updates or mame hooker....

Keep up the good work

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2014, 02:28:41 pm »
Tested  :): the motor handling/control works like it should, great work (thanks).

I am still having issues with keyboard encoding (horn and alternate tracks), but if other users say that it works for them and it's good for you, theres no need to test it further.

Mamehooker support for the lamps

About this point: i gave it a try with no success (i am using mamehooker 5.1).

Following the advanced tutorial :Title Bar Hooking Incompatible Emulators/Games  ,  i have OC2C correctly seen and a name entry recorded for the "emu", then i set it as "stand alone game" and leave the "remove junk from title" as it is by default.

After enabling the titlebar hooking i was expecting to hear the "ding" sound and new entries for the new "emu" in the debug window, but nothing.

I tried launching "OC2CFXT -outputs" directly from the prompt window and from a batch file.

Am I doing something wrong in the program outputs enabling ("-outputs" option declaration) ?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:35:29 pm by baritonomarchetto »

Giddygoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 04:13:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2014, 02:39:18 pm »
Just left my cab on the attract mode ( x-box version ) and sometimes it freezes and becomes pixelated ...

Is there anything I can do?

I do understand that this is alpha...

Might try the Chihiro movie instead....

Are you gonna try and get the lindenburg OutrunSp or DX movie?

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2014, 02:42:31 pm »
I wonder if he means the characters are missing from that description.  I did release some texture mods in the past, but apparently they work because I'm still using them.  I can't think of anything that would kill the models though, corrupt the textures maybe.

Yea the driver character is missing. I did try playing the video option in fxtxonfig (ex. antilasing and fog) but even, when I load outrun2c2c.exe directly, they are still missing so many its something i did and not you.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2014, 04:10:59 pm »
Giddygoon:

The answer to most of your questions is "yes" 

"Press Enter" is going away I just haven't had a chance yet.  (It actually already says "press start" on my build) 

Try to get me a screenshot, or photo or something showing the loading screen you are talking about.  It can be swapped, but I need some point of reference.  My goal is to get as much of the arcade stuff back as possible, so I'm all for it. 

As for the menu, all I can give you right now, is "we'll see"  right now it's a low priority and it would be nice, but would require a bit more investigation as I don't fully understand the 2k6 menu system yet. 

The videos unfortunately might always have minor issues.  The game is only supposed to run a 480p video at 4:3.  I'm pushing what it can do somewhat.  If you want to re-encode to 640x480 that might help, but again, that stuff comes later. 

baritonomarchetto:

Title bar hooking is for incompatible games, aka games that don't have outputs.  The "-outputs" flag is all you need, mamehooker will take care of the rest.

That being said....*sigh*  I guess if I defined the variable as "EnableOutpus" it wouldn't work eh?  Maybe I need to quit releasing stuff at 3am.  ;)

It'll get hooked up next version.... sorry about that. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2014, 04:50:33 pm »
Ok so aside from minor bug stuff, things are going to get progressively harder from this point on. 

So before I dive into that, time for some fun. 

I mentioned that Outrun2k6 supports custom resolutions, but I wanted to give you guys some examples of just how extremely flexible the engine is.  Or at least the 3d part of it. 
Unfortunately I don't have a mansion full of odd-sized monitors yet, but we can fake it in windowed mode.  Basically the game will accept any aspect and any resolution.  And I do mean any valid aspect and resolution.  So hook up 3 monitors... it'll support it, hook up 30.... yeah if your magical pc can handle it...

First off, yeah you could install the game on a vertical monitor...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2014, 04:51:29 pm »
How about 3, 16:9 monitors?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #318 on: April 07, 2014, 04:53:35 pm »
Nah too puny... 6 is more like it.  :D

Notice how the render automatically starts to "fish eye" as we get wider? So if we can remove or replace the hud.... people could go all out with this game.  Get one of those projection domes to wrap around a cab and have a 180 degree view.    Just fun stuff. 

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »
Wow Howard, I never thought we would have force feed back put back in. You've really outdone yourself with this! Would it be too much trouble to request Xbox 360 buttons to replace the keyboard buttons like you did with the arcade buttons?