Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Thrustmaster wheel software?  (Read 7664 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Thrustmaster wheel software?
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:31:08 pm »
Do the thrustmaster wheels come with the equivalent of Logitech Profiler that automatically changes settings based on what .exe is running?

I've always thought the RGT clutch set would be great to use in hacks.  It's potentiometer based, has a clutch, and if I understand correctly the paddles can be analog also (It's advertised as 5-axis).  So one of those could be wired to an analog e-brake if that's the case.

What always holds me back from using other wheels in hacks is that Logitech Profiler is so friggin' handy.

Anyone have a thrustmaster wheel?

brad808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
Re: Thrustmaster wheel software?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:10:05 pm »
So one of those could be wired to an analog e-brake if that's the case.

Maybe I'm misreading what you mean here but do any games actually use an analog e-brake?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:13:26 pm »
So one of those could be wired to an analog e-brake if that's the case.

Maybe I'm misreading what you mean here but do any games actually use an analog e-brake?

I dunno.  Doesn't stop me from wanting one.  :lol

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »
Heck man, even the e-brake in a real car isn't really that analog.  The reason they are used for drifting is because as soon as you put them on, they are full on, and lock up the brakes making you slide. 

But now that you mention it.  One of the things on my ever growing todo list is to make a universal profiler.  It's primary use would be for force feedback in mame (faking limit switches) but it would also be nice for homebrew racing rigs where half of your stuff, like your shifter ect, is custom made from a hacked joystick and the rest is a stock wheel. 

It shouldn't be a terribly difficult project to do.  Use headkaze's vjoy program to simulate joystick presses and direct input on the other end to read the controls. 

But one thing at a time I guess.  Mamehooker is next on the todo list. 

tumult

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2015, 01:33:41 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 07:32:31 pm »
I've got a thrustmaster t500rs and the short answer is no, it doesn't come with software similar to logitech's profiler software. Someone has released some beta software for thrustmaster which is similar to profiler. It can be found at gt planet I believe.

tum

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:04:15 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 10:11:57 am »
That's really disappointing to hear.  I owned Thrustmaster products back with the F22 / F16 TQS "HOTAS" system was state of the art (and about $450 too) and the software that came with that was impressive.  Basically a loader that set all of your keys per game then loaded the game.  (I was a push system, not a memory detection system like Logitech's - but still)

Its good to hear the community is stepping up and writing some software to fill in the gaps - but at the cost of the Thrustmaster racing rig.... you'd think it would come with it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:17:33 am by Fursphere »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 11:26:52 am »
I've got a thrustmaster t500rs and the short answer is no, it doesn't come with software similar to logitech's profiler software. Someone has released some beta software for thrustmaster which is similar to profiler. It can be found at gt planet I believe.

tum

Thanks!  I'll check it out.  The big thing is switching from combined/separate pedals on the fly.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:04:15 pm
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 12:03:13 pm »
I think this is the thread you're looking for...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=274817

tumult

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2015, 01:33:41 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »
That's it and it just came out of beta :)

tum