Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What's on your cabinet?  (Read 5132 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
What's on your cabinet?
« on: March 03, 2013, 01:17:38 pm »
I thought I'd share what's in the main arcade gamelist on my driving cab.
It has Dreamcast & N64 lists, but I've never been able to get the control dialed in to suite my taste.
I've experimented with PS1 games on epsxe and gamecube games on dolphin, but never bothered addind gamelists for them.
I like games that I can hop right into for 10 minutes, then go play something else. (arcade games  :D  )
Simpsons Road Rage on dolphin emulator is pretty fun.  TRIVIA - Sega sued EA for the game being a rip-off of Crazy Taxi, which it is.

This isn't a perfect list, it's just what's on there.
Ironman Ivan Stewart's Super Offroad is a 360 degree wheel game, but I added it anyway because I played it a lot as a kid.
I never could get the steering in Hard Drivin' adjusted to my liking.  The original game used a 10-turn pot in the steering and it just doesn't translate well to a 270 degree wheel in my opinion.

I use Mala as a front-end and through a frew tricks, all these games show up in one list regardless of emulator.
Pretty sure the same thing is possible in Hyperspin using similar work-arounds.

I've separated them by emulator for the sake of posting the list here.
Some I play a lot, some I've only played once or twice after setting up.

M2 EMULATOR
DAYTONA USA
INDY 500 DELUXE
MANX TT SUPERBIKE
MOTORAID
OVER REV
SEGA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
SEGA TOURING CAR
SUPER GT 24HR
WAVE RUNNER

SUPERMODEL
DAYTONA USA 2
DAYTONA USA 2 POWER EDITION
LEMANS 24
SCUD RACE
SCUD RACE PLUS

VIVA NONNO
RIDGE RACER
RIDGE RACER 2
RAVE RACER

MAME
A.B. COP
CALIFORNIA SPEED
CHASE BOMBERS
CHASE H.Q.
CRUIS'N USA
CRUIS'N WORLD
HANG ON
IRONMAN IVAN STEWART'S SUPER OFFROAD
IRONMAN IVAN STEWART'S SUPER OFFROAD TRACK PACK
OFF ROAD CHALLENGE
OUT RUN
POWER DRIFT
RACING HERO
RAD MOBILE
RAD RALLY
SAN FRANCISCO RUSH
SPECIAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION
SPY HUNTER
SUPER CHASE CRIMINAL TERMINATION
SUPER HANG ON
SUPER MONACO GP
TURBO OUT RUN
VIRTUA RACING
WEC LEMANS 24

DEMUL v.5.6
(because I'm using Windows XP which is limited to Directx9 and Demul v.5.7 has moved on to Directx11.  It includes legacy Directx9 drivers, but they don't work as well as just using Demul v.5.6)
CRAZY TAXY (music craps out and sound issues appear after a couple songs play, but it's fun until then)
JAMBO SAFARI (plays perfect)

DEMUL V.5.7 Early unofficial leaked WIP
(Still Directx9.  Jumped through some crazy hoops to set this up.  It wouldn't run fullscreen, so it's running windowed, with the window sized to the screen and positioned so the title bar is off the top of the screen.  Controls feel horrible and I haven't invested much time tweaking them in logitech profiler)
FASTER THAN SPEED
MAXIMUM SPEED

I'm hoping eventually someone hacks the Taito Type X driving games.

See anything I'm missing out on?
Not looking for a list of all possible driving games, I have that in the spreadsheet linked in the driving cab info thread.
Always looking for more good games that play well.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:47:40 pm by BadMouth »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:02:53 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: What's on your cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »
Thanks for this list. I'm eventually going to get to this point!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:19:40 pm »
how about virtua racing,
one of my all time favorites..

also might want to add indy 500 twin,
there are some slight differences between
the deluxe.

later

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »
how about virtua racing,
one of my all time favorites..

One of mine too.  It's on the cab.  Not sure how I missed putting it on the list.
Fixing it now.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 05:09:48 am »
super sprint
badlands
race drivin

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:58 am »
How well does California Speed and GTI Club run? I couldn't get them to work on the latest mame.

Also, you might want to add F-Zero GX to your list. It runs beautifully in Dolphin now and has 100% PERFECT working force feedback for all wheels!!

I also noticed you list the RR games in VivaNonno...just curious but do you prefer playing them in Viva instead of MAME? Ever since I've been able to configure my stick shifter in MAME for the Ridge Racer games I haven't touched Viva. Plus with some HLSL tweaks, you can make the RR games look much better in MAME than in Viva.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:02 am »
How well does California Speed and GTI Club run? I couldn't get them to work on the latest mame.

Also, you might want to add F-Zero GX to your list. It runs beautifully in Dolphin now and has 100% PERFECT working force feedback for all wheels!!

I also noticed you list the RR games in VivaNonno...just curious but do you prefer playing them in Viva instead of MAME? Ever since I've been able to configure my stick shifter in MAME for the Ridge Racer games I haven't touched Viva. Plus with some HLSL tweaks, you can make the RR games look much better in MAME than in Viva.

California Speed works fine except that the shifter is always automatic no matter which you choose and there is a graphics glitch with the trees on one level.  (not as bad as it sounds)  IIRC, some work was done on it recently, so you may have an outdated rom...or they may have broken it.  I haven't tried it in v.148

Last I heard, GTI club boots and the attract mode plays, but it's not playable.  I forgot about thrill drive until I went back to ville's WIP to look up GTI club.
Need to give that a try.  http://vlinde.mameworld.info/

The reason Ridge Racer games are listed for Viva Nonno is that the hardware in my driving cab (and probably most others) isn't fast enough to run it in MAME.  It's like painfully slow stop motion animation on my cab.  My i7 alienware laptop can run it, but even that chokes if I try to run both the laptop screen and hdtv at the same time.  The emulation in Viva Nonno does suck compared to MAME, but I'll take what works on my cab.  The shame of it is that the author continued to make improvements, but never shared them because end-users bothered him so much after first release.

IIRC, F-Zero GX didn't run full speed either.  Not sure if I tested it on the driving cab, but I know it didn't run on my test computer which is a bit slower. 

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 04:18:32 am »
OK cool.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:17:40 pm
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:32 pm »
For your MAME games, do you have a way of setting different Logitech profiles per game?  (different wheel setups).

Its something I've been noodling on and I haven't really come up with a good solution yet.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:56 pm »
I don't see why you would need multiple profiles for mame.  For other emulators maybe, but mame is completely remappable and it can handle any kind of axis you can throw at it... split/shared, ect..

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 09:45:14 am »
For your MAME games, do you have a way of setting different Logitech profiles per game?  (different wheel setups).

Its something I've been noodling on and I haven't really come up with a good solution yet.

MAME has adjustments for everything I can think of, with the exception of centering feedback.
One of the PITA things with driving games is that every game must have it's controls tweaked before it feels right.
See the MAME section of the Driving Cab Info thread stickied at the top of the forum for pointers on what to adjust.

retrorepair

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 04:49:58 pm
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 05:32:18 am »
Last I heard, GTI club boots and the attract mode plays, but it's not playable.  I forgot about thrill drive until I went back to ville's WIP to look up GTI club.
Need to give that a try.  http://vlinde.mameworld.info/

I recently fixed the music in GTI Club and then Ville fixed the last of the GFX issues. It's been fully playable for a while though. You'll need at least an i5 @ 4ghz+ to play it, probably an i7 for no frame skips. Thrill Drive works on the first race but when you start another it freaks out. The network board is still in need of some work. Requires more horsepower to run than GTI Club too.

My arcade racing setup:
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRepair
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/retrorepair

deathrow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2013, 08:58:41 am
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 07:51:49 pm »
Badmouth:

M2 EMULATOR
DAYTONA USA
INDY 500 DELUXE
MANX TT SUPERBIKE
MOTORAID
OVER REV
SEGA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
SEGA TOURING CAR
SUPER GT 24HR
WAVE RUNNER

The above games you have on your driving cab. What of these games can be used as a system link setup?

I know Sega rally and daytona are "Stable" and playable but what about the others?

Cheers

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 10:20:34 am »
Badmouth:

M2 EMULATOR
DAYTONA USA
INDY 500 DELUXE
MANX TT SUPERBIKE
MOTORAID
OVER REV
SEGA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
SEGA TOURING CAR
SUPER GT 24HR
WAVE RUNNER

The above games you have on your driving cab. What of these games can be used as a system link setup?

I know Sega rally and daytona are "Stable" and playable but what about the others?

Cheers

Looks like there is a list in the guide I linked to in your thread.

I've actually never messed with linking cabs since I've never had more than one.
(just picked up a second one last weekend, but it is months away from being playable)

deathrow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2013, 08:58:41 am
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 12:29:53 pm »
There is?

Will go an look again.  :embarassed:

Edit* yes I noticed that but it was a 0.9 version. I assumed that there may have been changes etc.
My bad.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:55:47 pm by deathrow »