Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Renegade Arcade: 19" WeeCade Bartop Clone  (Read 21422 times)

StrikeOne33

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2022, 09:32:36 pm
Re: Renegade Arcade: 19" WeeCade Bartop Clone
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2014, 01:27:23 pm »
Well I decided to use the same bit for joysticks, it worked out fine, plenty of play and the dust covers cover the holes.

The center button on top is going to be a "pause" button, I forgot to order a yellow illuminated button for that.  I will swap it out when it gets in.
I'm not incredibly happy with how the "brushed aluminum" vinyl looks on the CP, I will probably change it to black in the future.

Pretty tight fit, but I got creative to make it work.  I'm getting impatient as I started this project a while ago, perfect is taking a back seat to quick these days.
Not exactly award winning, but I don't think it looks terrible.

StrikeOne33

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »
Wired my first ever control panel today.  I thought I was keeping it pretty clean when wiring the grounds...

...And then this happened.

But it works... I haven't mounted the CP to the cab yet, and still no speakers, bezel, or marquee... but its getting there.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:52:34 pm
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 12:27:28 pm »
Looks really great.  I love these little cabs - the design is just right. 

I notice that the joysticks are really low because you bottom mounted them, which is OK, but you could raise them by 3/8" if you routed out some space underneath.  Probably a lot of work now that you've wired everything though.  Have you tested them out?   :cheers:

StrikeOne33

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2021, 11:10:34 am »
Its been 7 years since I last worked on this project!  When I started I was a single man, I'm now married with two kids.... Anyway, I installed the marquee and hooked up the LED buttons.  This project came out a little less polished than I'd hoped, but it was my first time doing anything like this.  I think if I started today I would buy one of the many flat pack kits now available, but it was fun learning as I built.
Anyway, here is how the project stands now... Anyone have recommendations on building a cheap/easy monitor bezel?

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2021, 05:22:44 am »
Posterboard and Tinted plexi/acrylic/perspex would be the quickest way.  Alternatively Mask off and spray the back of a piece of tinted tempered glass sized to fit.