Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Troubleshooter 2: Shoot Harder  (Read 105427 times)

TimeCrisis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2023, 04:32:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Troubleshooter 2: Shoot Harder
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2014, 08:07:49 pm »
Howard_Casto you mentioned you were able to change some functionality in HOTD 1 with LUA scripts.

Would it be possible for you to add reloading without having to shoot outside of the screen, but instead just move the mouse pointer outside of the screen, this would mimic house of the dead 2 in the arcade.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2014, 09:12:13 pm »
Howard_Casto you mentioned you were able to change some functionality in HOTD 1 with LUA scripts.

Would it be possible for you to add reloading without having to shoot outside of the screen, but instead just move the mouse pointer outside of the screen, this would mimic house of the dead 2 in the arcade.

Just a fair warning, Howard will probably not get back to you anytime soon. He abruptly quit this forum a few months back. No idea when he will decide to come back here.

ParkerLewis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2015, 06:38:20 pm
« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »
For information, I have made a quick guide to use TS2_1.2 with PC games :

===> SETUP GUIDE FOR DUAL IR GUNS WITH TS2 <===

edit : since the forum hosting the tutorial is now readable by members only, I will post a copy directly here, as I want this info as easily accessible as possible (I had so much trouble with it, I'd just wish I'd easily found such a tutorial).

Guide for Dual AimTrak guns with "TS2" (the dragonking one)

This assumes you have each of your AimTraks already calibrated "as usual" (ie each one can correctly control the mouse on the Windows desktop). Don't forget to set them up to two different Device ID's (usually you'd choose 1 and 2) in the AimTrak software.
Also make sure your PC game is configured to use keyboard inputs only, as it is required by all existing solutions (be it either "TS2" or the original TS) to the problem at hand.

Last quick note : if you end up using xpadder like me (which I totally recommend, ended up being quite easy, made everything far better for controls, and also means I never have to change them around in the slow / unstable AimTrak software again), then I also recommend, in the AimTrak software, setting up your controls so as to maximize "activable" buttons. For example :

TRIGGER : Mouse Left when onscreen, Mouse Right when offscreen
LEFT : GP Button 1 when onscreen, GP Button 2 when offscreen
RIGHT : GP Button 3 when onscreen, GP Button 4 when offscreen

And then never change it again.

Xpadder will allow you to redirect several Buttons to the same key anyway if you don't want onscreen/offscreen to matter, so definitely have them set up this way. For games where you'll want it to matter, you'll be able to use them for different purposes, and for games where you don't want it to matter, you'll be able to use them this way too [:)]

That's it, let's go for the actual guide.

Installation of TS2

1) Get "TS2_1.2.zip" from http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=aboutTS2
2) Unzip it anywhere. I unzipped it in a TS2 folder in my Games folder.
3) Check that you have "dx8vb.dll" somewhere on your computer (expected in your C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder). If you don't, just Google for it and get a copy of it. Then put it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (if you're running a 64 bit Windows), C:\Windows\System32 otherwise. Then go to Start->Run and type the following command :
Code: [Select]
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dx8vb.dll(of course adapt the path to C:\Windows\System32 if you have a 32bit Windows)
Windows should acknowledge.

Configuration of TS2

At this point, the Read Me provided with TS2 should be enough to guide you, but I'll clarify a few points.

4) Launch TS2.exe. This is the configuration interface. On Page 1, Select the game you want to configure from the list. Be careful to select the correct version. Note the game's name 'shortcut' (indicated between parentheses in the drop menu), as you'll need it later in the Playing section of this guide.

5) On Page 1:
- If you're not planning to use MAME (for example because you've selected a PC game), you can untick the Send outputs to MameHooker option. For HotD 3 PC, I had everything unchecked on Page 1 and all went well.
- The "Game Exe" field is critical. You shouldn't have to edit it. If you have to edit it, this probably means the version of the game you have does not match what is expected by TS2.
- The "Exe Path" information is useful only if you want TS2 to launch the game for you. Otherwise, it doesn't matter. Since you'll most probably be using a .bat file to automate the few steps required for playing anyway (see .bat provided in the "Bonus" section of this guide [:)] ), there's not really any point selecting it.
- You shouldn't have to edit Keyboard Input, unless you want to change your game's default Keyboard controls. Which you shouldnt need since in the end all of this is being done so that you can play with your gun and not a Keyboard... !

Don't forget to save when you are done. BEWARE, don't "Save as Default", as it will erase the default exe information for all games (which would be annoying).

6) On Page 2 :

- Lightgun/IR Gun (Mouse Based) is what I have selected for both Gun Settings. This is also the default setting selected in the AimTrak software ("Emulate Mouse"). They should match if you want to things to work. I'd advise keeping this setting both here in TS2 and in the AimTrak software.

- Device #: here you have to 'guess' which device number is each of the guns. Honestly, it's actually not difficult. Usually you'll be in a configuration with 3 mice : your regular actual mouse, and the guns (even though the menu goes up to 16 or something). Thus all chances are your guns will be among 0/1/2. In my case, they were devices 2 and 1.
The nice thing with TS2 is that you will have an easy way to check things are ok and pinpoint potential issues to quickly solve them (more on that later).

- Buttons :

I have 0 for both players' Trigger, and 1 for both players' Reload. The other buttons are of less importance, you can bother configuring them if you want, in any case you now know how to do so if you want. Note that regular keyboard presses continue to work, so even if you keep "NONE" selected, you'll always be able to push start and/or give coins by using your physical keyboard.
[Basically I figure that (if configured that way) the AimTrak Software assigns your physical trigger to "Mouse Left" command, which is command 0 for a mouse ("Mouse Right" being command 1). Then here, TS2 is being told that when it sees a "0" command, it should interpret it as a physical trigger pull from the player, which TS2 will then automatically / invisibly adapt to the keyboard input matching the game's controls as indicated in Page 1 (which by default are filled with the selected game's default controls, so you don't have to edit it).]

Unfortunately, only triggers have been actually working this way for me, and I have still to find a way for TS2 to retrieve inputs from other buttons by itself (between TS2 settings and AimTrak settings, I have tried pretty much every combination possible, just wouldn't work).

So, I ended up using the well-known program "xpadder" which allows easily setting up controls profiles for each device and game (plus at the end of this guide is a bonus section to automate profile selections for each of your games so that you only have to do it once per game). I recommend you do the same. I had never used that program before and it was quite intuitive. Don't worry about xpadder profiles management, you'll only have to create them once, because for day-to-day usage I have provided a .bat template below (Bonus section [:)] ) that will do all the switching automatically for you.

- Finally, don't forget to Enable both Player Controls.

Then Save.

You should now be done with configuring your game ! Yay ! [:)] You shouldn't have to do this ever again for this game and you can now close the TS2 window.

Playing your game (step-by-step explanation)

This is a manual, step-by-step explanation of what needs to be done for launching the game with everything in place. This need to be done everytime you want to play your game. In practice, all of these steps can be done automatically by simply executing a .bat file like the one I provided in the next "Bonus" section. Still, you can take a few minutes reading this section as it will give you better understanding of what's going on in case you encounter an issue.

0) Don't forget selecting your game's xpadder profile for both guns.

1) You have to issue a DOS command to tell TS2 to listen for your game's exe being launched. For that you need to know the adequate name 'shortcut' for your game. The game's shortcut is indicated between parentheses in the drop menu from Page 1 Settings (example for HotD 3 is hotd3). To issue the DOS command, Start->Run, then type (example for my TS2 folder path and for HotD3)
start "" "D:\Jeux\TS2\TS2.exe" hotd3
At this point you should see a TS2 icon in your taskbar. If not, or if it disappears when you mouse over it, then something is not right. If you get a 429 error, this means you're missing a dll (usually the dx8vb.dll from earlier, so if you installed it like instructed you shouldn't have that problem).

On the other hand, if you have the TS2 icon showing up, try double clicking on it. A small window should appear, saying something like
Status: Waiting for The House of the Dead 3and indicating "Player1:" and "Player2:".

2) If that is indeed the case, you can now launch your game and everything should work as expected [:)]

In case it doesn't, try to run your game in Windowed mode, so that you are able to see the previous TS2 window at the same time you're playing and moving your guns (or put the TS2 window on a second screen). The TS2 window should display
Hooked: The House of the Dead 3 and position + command (trigger, reload, start, coin) information for each device. This will allow you to check that, for example, maybe you have set a wrong Device ID in the TS2 configuration. It will also briefly show registered commands (ie if you pull the trigger, the number "1" should quickly flicker in front of the line named this way). In all cases, this should help you greatly in identifying and solving any problems.

Bonus : DOS script to automate playing a game

As a bonus, here is the .bat template I'm now using to autolaunch any game with dual AimTraks. Of course, you'd have to edit the relevant parts with your path, game and xpadder profiles information, and put the resulting .bat file where the game's exe is. So you end up with one adequate .bat file in each of your game's folders, and you can just edit your usual game shortcuts or create new ones to point to the .bat instead of the .exe so that everything is now completely transparent to the user.

@REM ! START uses first quoted string as window name and NOT the path
@REM ! thus the need to add "" before the path if it is behind quotes.

@REM ! Launches xpadder with appropriated config for each gun
start "" "D:\Jeux\Xpadder\xpadder.exe" /M "HOTD 3 P1.xpadderprofile" "HOTD 3 P2.xpadderprofile"

@REM ! TS2 in listen mode...
start "" "D:\Jeux\TS2\TS2.exe" hotd3

@REM ! A short pause seems necessary after calling TS2
TIMEOUT /t 1

@REM ! Launches the game exe
start "" "hod3launch.exe"

Voilą, I hope this can help someone sometime :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:30:29 pm by ParkerLewis »

milhouse

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2023, 08:03:32 pm
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »
Has anyone seen an issue with TS2 not using the correct mouse device?  I am having a weird issue that is driving me nuts.

I have 4 active mice devices:
1. Keyboard Trackball
2. OptiPac Trackball/Spinner
3. AimTrak #1
4. AimTrack #1

But in device manager, I have 7 HID-Compliant Mouse entries.
Using Controller Remap, I think I was able to connect them:
   1.  'HID#VID_04B4_PID_0201_MI_00#9_869de7c_0_0000#' <- Trackball/Spinner
   2.  'HID#VID_04B4_PID_0201_MI_01#9_2c411c3e_0_0000#' <- Unknown Device
   3.  'HID#VID_0A91_PID_3801_MI_01_Col04#7_55cbfae_0_0003#' <- nMediaPC Trackball
   4.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_0501_MI_01#7_126ec518_0_0000#' <- Unknown Device
   5.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_0502_MI_01#8_24588317_0_0000#' <- Unknown Device
   6.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_1601_MI_02#7_6f69e7b_0_0000#' <- AimTrak 1
   7.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_1602_MI_02#7_23fea4a1_0_0000#' <- AimTrak 2

The problem I am hving with TS2 is that I can get it to work great for a while (a game or two), but then if I try to switch to HOTD2 from HOTD3 (or really any other lightgun game), it randomly stops working (in game, no mouse movement or triggers etc.).  I suspect it has to do with the above and is trying to use the wrong mouse device sometimes (but not all the time).  With Troubleshooter 1 its not an issue (when I had it working) because it assigns the mouse based on the HID, but TS2 does not.  SO my questions are:
Has anyone else had this issue?
Has anyone else solved this (in any related context)?
And does anyone know of any utilities to force Windows to be assigned in the same order every time? I think there are utilities for joysticks, but I'm not aware of any for mice.   

Thanks.

trick72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 03:49:05 am
« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2015, 05:37:48 am »
Hi,
I'm trying to get Model 2 emulator to work with Troubleshooter 2 (shoot harder).
It seems this only works with M2 Emulator version 1.0
The current version is 1.1a, but I cannot find the older version 1.0 anymore for download.

Does anybody know where I could find version 1.0 to try to make that work with TS2 and 2 guns?
Thanks

BullClip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2018, 04:18:36 pm
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2015, 01:59:29 pm »
Hi,
I'm trying to get Model 2 emulator to work with Troubleshooter 2 (shoot harder).
It seems this only works with M2 Emulator version 1.0
The current version is 1.1a, but I cannot find the older version 1.0 anymore for download.

Does anybody know where I could find version 1.0 to try to make that work with TS2 and 2 guns?
Thanks

Ditto on request for 1.0..  Anyone have a link?

andrewsgxs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2015, 08:44:28 am
« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2015, 10:13:14 am »
I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Found a little bit of time this evening.  I made a function to enumerate all the joystick names and their instance serials as well as a function to find a joystick via a name/instance string. 

I'll try to go ahead and do the mice as well as Android recovery.  Apparently I can get the real name of the mouse by reading the registry.... I'm not 100% sure that it's worth the effort, but I might go ahead and do that just so that mice instances look like the di ones.  It might be possible to actually use direct input just for the enumeration, but I'll have to confirm that di enumerates in the same order as raw devices does.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:43:22 am by andrewsgxs »

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2023, 11:47:26 pm
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2015, 07:43:09 am »
Has anyone seen an issue with TS2 not using the correct mouse device?  I am having a weird issue that is driving me nuts.

I have 4 active mice devices:
1. Keyboard Trackball
2. OptiPac Trackball/Spinner
3. AimTrak #1
4. AimTrack #1

But in device manager, I have 7 HID-Compliant Mouse entries.
Using Controller Remap, I think I was able to connect them:
   1.  'HID#VID_04B4_PID_0201_MI_00#9_869de7c_0_0000#' <- Trackball/Spinner
   2.  'HID#VID_04B4_PID_0201_MI_01#9_2c411c3e_0_0000#' <- Unknown Device
   3.  'HID#VID_0A91_PID_3801_MI_01_Col04#7_55cbfae_0_0003#' <- nMediaPC Trackball
   4.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_0501_MI_01#7_126ec518_0_0000#' <- Unknown Device
   5.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_0502_MI_01#8_24588317_0_0000#' <- Unknown Device
   6.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_1601_MI_02#7_6f69e7b_0_0000#' <- AimTrak 1
   7.  'HID#VID_D209_PID_1602_MI_02#7_23fea4a1_0_0000#' <- AimTrak 2

The problem I am hving with TS2 is that I can get it to work great for a while (a game or two), but then if I try to switch to HOTD2 from HOTD3 (or really any other lightgun game), it randomly stops working (in game, no mouse movement or triggers etc.).  I suspect it has to do with the above and is trying to use the wrong mouse device sometimes (but not all the time).  With Troubleshooter 1 its not an issue (when I had it working) because it assigns the mouse based on the HID, but TS2 does not.  SO my questions are:
Has anyone else had this issue?
Has anyone else solved this (in any related context)?
And does anyone know of any utilities to force Windows to be assigned in the same order every time? I think there are utilities for joysticks, but I'm not aware of any for mice.   

Thanks.

Yes I have this problem. Howard was working on this before he left. My knowledge of lua is not enough to solve this problem unfortunately  :-[.

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2015, 07:45:29 am »
I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Found a little bit of time this evening.  I made a function to enumerate all the joystick names and their instance serials as well as a function to find a joystick via a name/instance string. 

I'll try to go ahead and do the mice as well as Android recovery.  Apparently I can get the real name of the mouse by reading the registry.... I'm not 100% sure that it's worth the effort, but I might go ahead and do that just so that mice instances look like the di ones.  It might be possible to actually use direct input just for the enumeration, but I'll have to confirm that di enumerates in the same order as raw devices does.

Because I have hot swapable USB Panels, it would be great if you could choose the direct input name and the tool would automatically find the corresponding enumaration. This would solve the usb hot swap problem. Let me know if you need a tester.

ericitaquera

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2020, 07:38:45 pm
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »
I use devcon.

https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/kb/311272

The below lists all devices.

h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon hwids =mouse
h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon status =mouse

So I disable all devices but my two aimtraks before to start emulator_multicpu.exe

h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon disable "HID\VID_D209&PID_15A2"
h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon disable "HID\VID_04F3&PID_0230"

After I quit the emulator, I reenable my mouse and touchpad.

h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon enable "HID\VID_D209&PID_15A2"
h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon enable "HID\VID_04F3&PID_0230"

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2015, 01:50:22 am »
I use devcon.

https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/kb/311272

The below lists all devices.

h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon hwids =mouse
h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon status =mouse

So I disable all devices but my two aimtraks before to start emulator_multicpu.exe

h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon disable "HID\VID_D209&PID_15A2"
h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon disable "HID\VID_04F3&PID_0230"

After I quit the emulator, I reenable my mouse and touchpad.

h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon enable "HID\VID_D209&PID_15A2"
h:\Utils\devcon\x64\devcon enable "HID\VID_04F3&PID_0230"
you sir are a life saver. I I will try this today. I if it works you deserve a beer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrradicaled

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2015, 11:17:35 am
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2015, 11:59:10 pm »
I need some help. I cannot get TS2 to work.. I get this Runtime error: RunTime error '429' (ActiveX component can't create object), after I set everything up per the instructions. I want to use this to play Virtual On, but I am clueless as to how to identify my controller and assign keys or buttons.

Cuh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2015, 05:40:37 pm
« Reply #252 on: September 10, 2015, 03:53:29 pm »
Hi all, i hope anyone of you can help me (:

I followed all the tips and tricks to get my 2 Aimtrak Guns work with my Model2 emulator.
I use Troubleshooter2 but i dont get this to work : /
First i got the 2 Crosshairs but if i moved my Guns ingame the Crosshairs just moved quickly from one to another corner.
Then i used the 1.2 Version of TS2 with the new exe Data from Howard_Casto then i got a lot of Run-time errors.
I added the .ddl thingy etc.
Now i always get an Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)':
                                Automation error.

pleaaaaaaaaaaaase can anybody help me get this to work. I tried it on 4 PC“s and now im kinda frustrated : /
I would be so happy to play Hotd and Virtua Cop with my brother to get back some childhood memories.

thx and sorry for my english xD

greetings from germany ^^

what2be

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2018, 07:38:28 pm
« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2015, 10:38:47 pm »
You will never get ts2.exe to work with m2 ver 1.1 or 1.1.a, only works with 1.0

scoodidabop

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:10:57 pm
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2015, 03:42:41 pm »
Finally got both guns working but suddenly I'm encountering the dreaded mouse click/window minimize issue.  Isn't the RamJet fullscreen fix incorporated into TS2?  I reinstalled the TS2 files again and the issue remains.  Any ideas on fixing this?

Thanks!

lisowskikevin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 10:42:04 am
  • If you take shortcuts, you get cut short.
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2015, 08:35:53 pm »
Finally got both guns working but suddenly I'm encountering the dreaded mouse click/window minimize issue.  Isn't the RamJet fullscreen fix incorporated into TS2?  I reinstalled the TS2 files again and the issue remains.  Any ideas on fixing this?

Thanks!

Nope they are independent. Install ramjet then give ts2 a whirl. I just got mine working a while agai and they work amazing. Never any window minimizing and 2 guns work perfectly! Great programs.

scoodidabop

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:10:57 pm
« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2015, 01:35:15 pm »

Thanks!

Nope they are independent. Install ramjet then give ts2 a whirl. I just got mine working a while agai and they work amazing. Never any window minimizing and 2 guns work perfectly! Great programs.

I see.  Thanks - I'll give that a go.  The other issue I'm having, while unrelated to TS2, is the esc/exit button.  At the moment pressing esc just minimizes the window.

lisowskikevin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 10:42:04 am
  • If you take shortcuts, you get cut short.
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2015, 05:16:01 pm »

Thanks!

I see.  Thanks - I'll give that a go.  The other issue I'm having, while unrelated to TS2, is the esc/exit button.  At the moment pressing esc just minimizes the window.

Crap I don't remember if I had to change anything. I believe that esc by default in model 2 is return to windowed mode.

Can anyone else chime in on this?

ericitaquera

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2020, 07:38:45 pm
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »
... I'm hacking memory locations directly and obviously if the program is changed those locations can be changed.  I spent literally months finding the current locations, so I'm not real excited about doing it all over again.  Fortunately many of the games share the same locations, so if somebody wants to fire up cheat engine and search, perhaps using the current ini files as a guide, the program can be updated for use with 1.1a...

Hey Howard, first of all, thank you for TS2. It“s amazing to be able to play our favorite games.

Secondly, could you please write down a tutorial so we can to this job of hacking memory?

Please don“t abandon us. Think about Hawking leaving Astrophysics or Messi leaving Football.

Best Regards

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2016, 10:30:57 pm »
I'll see what I can do. 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:47:32 pm
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2016, 03:08:07 pm »
Thanks Howard for your amazing job ! I had in mind for a very long time to make a "complete" lightgun emulation rig and a that time your TS2 was nearly born.
I'm back now to this project after a few years break, what a great soft it has become ! It's perfectly working with 2 aimtrak on model2emu  ;D

Unfortunately, some of the best arcade railgun shooting games are still unavailable for 2 players....because Demul still does not support rawinput  :cry:
And moreover, having no choice at all to configure anything for shooting game, the mouse is controlling P1 and P2 at the same time with same inputs...

So you gave me the idea, to de more or less the same thing as you did: "when something does not exists, do it !"
So, I started playing with Demul memory this week (latest build :  DEmul x86 v0.7 Alpha BUILD 221215) to make what could be...say....Troubleshooter3 maybe ?? ( if that's OK for you Howard about the name? )

So far,  with a few days of work with C# programming, I'm finally able to properly hack the memory of House of The dead 2 and simulate inputs for 2 differents players
I'd say the first milestone is OK ! I don't know if a lot of people would be interested in this ? I made a short screen capture video of this if there are people interrested...just ask ! :)

Next step will be to play with RawInput (never did that till today) so that I can use something real to send as Inputs for the memory hack....

burn_654

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 03:31:13 pm
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2016, 12:16:52 am »
argonlefou I for one am very interested in what you come up with! If you need someone to test I have a 2x guncon2 crt arcade monitor setup...not 100% stable yet but I can do some testing with the Wingun driver and the topgun driver (topgun driver uses rawinput)

I'm not sure if I can run up to date demul however, my rig uses xp for now. But I'll be following!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2016, 02:06:00 am »
Sorry, I forgot to reply to this one. 

argonlefou:

Unless you just want to make your own, we can probably take what you discovered and integrate it into ts2.  Afterall, the ini files are designed to allow you to manipulate any game that you can find the proper memory addresses for.

I'm working on other projects atm, but PM me if I can help or ect...

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2016, 05:59:00 am »
Make my own is not an obligation, I just though you quit the project and didn't support TS2 anymore !
thanks for your proposition, I just sent you a PM  :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2016, 02:31:49 am »
argonlefou I for one am very interested in what you come up with! If you need someone to test I have a 2x guncon2 crt arcade monitor setup...not 100% stable yet but I can do some testing with the Wingun driver and the topgun driver (topgun driver uses rawinput)

I'm not sure if I can run up to date demul however, my rig uses xp for now. But I'll be following!
Latest Demul build needs directX 11, and I'm not sure WinXp is compatible with it :/ What's your Demul version ? I could look into it for older shooting rigs (I'm sure you're not alone ! :))
As for now I just finished an alpha version working perfectly with my two Aimtraks  ;D
I just need to make a quick minimalist gui for those who want to test it, and add memory addresses for other games (this will not be long, the list is short)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:05:37 am by argonlefou »

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:23 am »

Latest Demul build needs directX 11, and I'm not sure WinXp is compatible with it :/ What's your Demul version ? I could look into it for older shooting rigs (I'm sure you're not alone ! :))
As for now I just finished an alpha version working perfectly with my two Aimtraks  ;D
I just need to make a quick minimalist gui for those who want to test it, and add memory addresses for other games (this will not be long, the list is short)

Also very interested. I have two aim tracks win7 on a cab willing to test. Because I have switchable panels,  will the tool be able to locate the guns in a changing USB device environment? This problem is what stops me from using ts2.  It wants a stable mouse configuration that I do not have.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:48:31 am by ArcadeBliss »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2016, 02:44:26 pm »
I'm using pid/vid on usb devices name so it should work, no matter the order or the number of plugged usb devices
I ran into the same issue with TS2 but fortunately on my cab I only have 2 aimtraks plugged

I'll create a new thread soon (to keep this one clean) with a first version to test :-)

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2016, 06:20:57 pm »
I'm using pid/vid on usb devices name so it should work, no matter the order or the number of plugged usb devices
I ran into the same issue with TS2 but fortunately on my cab I only have 2 aimtraks plugged

I'll create a new thread soon (to keep this one clean) with a first version to test :-)

two thumbs up

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
« Reply #268 on: March 24, 2016, 08:13:17 am »
Has anyone seen this issue before?

I am running Windows 7 64bit with latest Model 2 1.1a and have TS2 configured just for HOTD to test

When starting up HOTD  I see sound initializing window that moves to the upper left and then M2 crashes. emulator_multicpu.exe has stopped working

It runs fine without TS2 starting

Any thoughts?

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   emulator_multicpu.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   52c542e3
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Offset:   041f0020
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Data:   00000008
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

burn_654

• Offline Offline
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2016, 09:12:05 am »
Troubleshooter 2 was designed with Model2 1.0 in mind - you probably just need to track that version down. I think a few people have attached it here.  :cheers:

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2016, 10:29:41 am »
thanks that fixed it!

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2023, 12:54:43 pm
« Reply #271 on: April 06, 2016, 07:58:32 am »
I just made the switch so Win 7 and while TS2 basicaly works I can't shoot with P1 Gun. The crosshair moves, though! I can confirm that p1 gun works without problems in Mame, and p2 works flawlessly in TS2. just can't shoot with P1. Any ideas?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #272 on: April 06, 2016, 01:25:29 pm »
It's probably just your key mappings.  Read further back in the thread and you will get your answer.

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #273 on: April 06, 2016, 02:40:58 pm »
I didn't change them. Not in Model or TS2.

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2016, 02:46:17 pm »
It's probably just your key mappings.  Read further back in the thread and you will get your answer.

Could you try and point me in some direction? I was checking all keymappings and they're perfectly fine.

burn_654

• Offline Offline
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2016, 04:49:59 pm »
Maybe Windows 7 changed the raw number on the mouse buttons? Ie, mouse0 and mouse1 may now actually be mouse1 and mouse2...just a thought, I'd try increasing or decreasing your button numbers. It looks like you have the right ID's set if your crosshairs move.

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2016, 04:29:48 pm »
Did a second fresh install and it seems to work now. Thanks!

mDang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2017, 04:33:33 pm
« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »
hello !

i can't get to work, i tried all the thing i found here, but nothing work. i don't know if there's an inssue with my windows 8.1...
i have the error 9 when i click on virtual on setup. any idea ?
thanks

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2016, 12:08:20 pm »
I have been trying to use TS2 but I keep getting the run-time error 76. I added the folder all the files look like they are there but I keep getting the error. On another machine I am getting the 429 error.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2016, 08:41:58 pm »
Are you using Model 1.0 or 1.1? TS only works with 1.0. You should check out DemulShooter though. It works perfectly with Model 2 1.1 as well as Demul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk