Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Troubleshooter 2: Shoot Harder  (Read 105449 times)

Connorsdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:56:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Troubleshooter 2: Shoot Harder
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2013, 10:29:50 am »
Could someone tell me how I get this app to work with a pc game please?
Utter noob I know but I take it I need to issue a cli command of some sort   ???

Thanks

ant2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 02:36:51 pm
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2013, 04:08:55 am »
Hotd3 works off ts1. I didnt do anything special to get this working. It just worked with no customisation the same as virtua cops snd hotd2

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2013, 06:07:58 am »
I can't get it to work with TS1 or TS2.

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

Runzelblunze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2020, 08:51:53 am
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2013, 05:00:41 am »
I'm trying to get TS2 1.2 to work on my new 64Bit Windows 8 computer.
I get the same 429 error as I got on my Windows 7 machine, but when I try to fix it by means of "regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\dx8vb.dll" I get a message like

The module "c:\Windows\syswow64\dx8vb.dll" was loaded but the call "DllRegisterServer" failed with error code 0x80070005.

Further information is available online

If I try to register it without providing the full path or in windows\system\ I get "file not found"
Has anyone got it to work on Windows 8 x64?

EDIT: So awesome! As soon as I post something, I'll find the answer myself:
you need to run regsvr32 as administrator. Just open cmd as administrator and run it from there - done ^^
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:13:02 am by Runzelblunze »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:47:02 pm
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:02 am »
EDIT: So awesome! As soon as I post something, I'll find the answer myself

That's why we regulars don't always bother answering right away.  :P

Thanks for updating your post with the solution for other people who might have the same issue.  :cheers:

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2013, 06:04:52 am »
Can somebody please give me some advice on how to use this with pc games?

I have it working with model 2 emulator perfectly but I don't understand how to get it to work with pc games at all. Ticking the box "Have Troubleshooter launch game" doesn't do anything, if I launch the game myself, troubleshooter doesn't launch too which surely it needs to. I'm trying to get Remington Super Slam Hunting Africa to work as player 2 uses joystick for controls so my thinking is in ts2, set player 2 gun settings to joystick and it should work, right?

I gave up trying to get hod3 to work  :banghead:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2013, 10:04:21 am »
Can somebody please give me some advice on how to use this with pc games?

I have it working with model 2 emulator perfectly but I don't understand how to get it to work with pc games at all. Ticking the box "Have Troubleshooter launch game" doesn't do anything, if I launch the game myself, troubleshooter doesn't launch too which surely it needs to. I'm trying to get Remington Super Slam Hunting Africa to work as player 2 uses joystick for controls so my thinking is in ts2, set player 2 gun settings to joystick and it should work, right?

I gave up trying to get hod3 to work  :banghead:

It doesn't work on all games, only the ones on the supported games list.
http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=aboutTS2

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2013, 02:58:11 pm »
I'm having a bit of trouble setting this up. Few questions.

1) Do I unzip TS1.2 into the same folder as my Model2 emulator?
2) On the GUI, I chose to have Save as Default as my option with all of my gun games, rather than each one separately. Is that wrong?
3) My Aimtrak's ID is #1, yet when I load up HOTD, I dont get a cursor or fireable sound.
4) Am I supposed to copy any of the files from the TS2 file tree to my Model 2 tree?
5) I don't have a second gun at the moment, but have the mouse as player 2. What is the setup I'm supposed to have on Page 2 of TS2?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2013, 03:19:37 pm »
I'm having a bit of trouble setting this up. Few questions.

1) Do I unzip TS1.2 into the same folder as my Model2 emulator?
2) On the GUI, I chose to have Save as Default as my option with all of my gun games, rather than each one separately. Is that wrong?
3) My Aimtrak's ID is #1, yet when I load up HOTD, I dont get a cursor or fireable sound.
4) Am I supposed to copy any of the files from the TS2 file tree to my Model 2 tree?
5) I don't have a second gun at the moment, but have the mouse as player 2. What is the setup I'm supposed to have on Page 2 of TS2?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

It's been a long time since I messed with it, but I'll give it a shot:

1 - If you want, but it isn't necessary.  This is covered in the instructions in the Readme file
2 - Are you talking about Model 2 or PC games?  Probably ok with Model 2, probably not with PC games.
3 - Are you talking about Model 2 or PC game?
4 - No, TS2 will copy the needed files to your model 2 folder after you specify the path.
5 - You'd have the device ID of the mouse as Player 2.  You might have to test a few to find the right one.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2013, 03:41:55 pm »
Thanks for the info. To elaborate:
Its all Model 2, not PC games

Im also having the issue of a Troubleshooter2 RunTime error 76, path not found, when I start up the emulator.exe. I cant imagine why

mitsurugi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2020, 01:46:41 pm
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2013, 06:02:50 pm »
Hi. Thanks for your wonderful program!
I want to remap coin and start buttons y model 2 emu to aimtraks buttons. Could it be possible?
Thanks.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2013, 07:37:47 pm »
Thanks for the info. To elaborate:
Its all Model 2, not PC games

Im also having the issue of a Troubleshooter2 RunTime error 76, path not found, when I start up the emulator.exe. I cant imagine why

Bit late, but it probably didn't install correctly because there wasn't a cfg folder in your m2emulator folder for it to place the needed files.
See pg1 of this thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,130784.msg1339736.html#msg1339736

mitsurugi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2013, 06:04:23 pm »
When i try to remap keyboard buttons: change some keyboard code, click save as default config in the Troubleshooter 2 aplication and close, but when i open again it returns to original configuration in keyboard buttons.
When i try to remap coin and start buttons in setting page 2 and assing numbers, the aimtrak buttons don't do anything... Where could be the problem?
Dual aimtraks guns move, shoot and reload fine in model 2 games.

RedTail

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2017, 06:45:51 pm
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »
Hi, I'm trying to get TS2 to work with Virtual-On. I set it up to work with just outputs. Made sure to manually add "cfg" folder on setup. I was getting error 429 when trying to run VO through m2emulator.exe, but I followed the instructions here and installed dx8vb.dll in SysWOW64 through command prompt run in administrator mode. Now I'm getting error 13 after launching VO. Also, I believe TS2 is supposed to launch upon running m2emulator.exe, but it never does. If I run TS2 itself and try to do the setup for VO, I get error 9. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

mitsurugi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21:38 am »
I have configurated Troubleshooter 2 and works fine with model 2 emu, but when i launch the roms in mala frontend, lightguns (aimtrak) doesn't respond...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:03:11 am by mitsurugi »

RedTail

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2017, 06:45:51 pm
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2014, 09:44:30 am »
Anyone?

Homietheclown

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2016, 10:28:15 am
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2014, 04:39:39 pm »
Troubleshooter 2 had a special section in the readme for this particular game. Did you read that part?

GreatLamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2014, 09:01:56 am »
I tried with EMS Topgun IIs. TS1 works with hotd3, model2emu. The TS 2 not working... M2 cursor shows in the corner, and don't register any moves or shots.

romshark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 02:50:59 pm
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2014, 11:10:30 pm »
I spent a while getting this to work. I actually got it running with my older installation, but not a clean install. I'm not sure why, probably need to check the settings.

Surprisingly, Version 1.1a of Model 2 was just released. I tried to get TS2 working with that first, but to no avail. HoTD crashes after initializing sound drivers, and other games like Gunblade NY (or whatever it is) don't seem to recognize the guns at all. I'm thinking enough changed in the code that screws up the TS2 program. Anyone else got 1.1a working with LS2, and I've just got something wrong with my installation?

Running Windows 7 Home Edition with 2 Aimtrack guns.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2014, 10:02:06 am »
Anyone else got 1.1a working with LS2, and I've just got something wrong with my installation?

It only works with v1.0

romshark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 02:50:59 pm
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2014, 10:55:53 am »
Ok. I don't really see much difference when running 1.1a anyway. So I'm not in a hurry to get Troubleshooter working with it.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2014, 08:41:57 am »
Sorry guys, I've been in Mortal Kombat 9 land.... I'm slowly starting to awaken from my slumber. 

The reason it doesn't work in 1.1a is because I'm hacking memory locations directly and obviously if the program is changed those locations can be changed.  I spent literally months finding the current locations, so I'm not real excited about doing it all over again.  Fortunately many of the games share the same locations, so if somebody wants to fire up cheat engine and search, perhaps using the current ini files as a guide, the program can be updated for use with 1.1a.  I've actually decided to go ahead and work on ts2 and mamehooker again. 

It's been too long between releases, particularly with mamehooker and it's getting to the point to where my gaps on working on them are so great that I'm forgetting what is left to do.  I need to scale my scope back and get these out there and the yet unannounced "big" features can wait until I take an interest again. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2014, 09:23:47 am »
*Update*

I just wanted to see how difficult it would be... not terribly, but still difficult. 

I got the input and output addresses for bel and gunblade in about 15 minutes.  This is because the existing ini files tell me the bit-masking (what the value is when the output is on) and the relative position of the addresses from one another. 

So a quick scan looking for the known values with each game should do it for the inputs and outputs.  It's time consuming, but not that bad. 

The NOP entries will be the hard ones.  We aren't changing variables there, but rather assembly code.  The only way I know to do it is to run the old version of m2emulator, use the "browse this memory region" option in cheat engine to find out the raw assembly bytes... write those down and then fire up the new version of the emulator and look for the same bytes. 

And that's just for the ones without pointers... the pointer ones might will have to be walked back to find the first pointer... which is a pain in the butt. 
If any memory hackers want to volunteer let me know.

cack01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2023, 11:49:55 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »
Hey HC

Happy to see you tackling this again.  I thought I read somewhere that ElSemi recently passed the source for Model2 over to Haze at mamedev/mameworld.

I am not a programmer, but I bet if you get your hand on that code it might be able to simplify your searching for that haystack needle. 

kaskd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2015, 11:59:23 pm
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2014, 12:14:48 am »
Another user needing help here.  I'm having trouble getting the guns to register movement with Model 2. (Each gun worked in Model 2 before using TS2, obviously not at the same time)

When I enter the setup menu in the games (like vcop2) trigger presses register, however the game registers no movement from the guns.  This leaves the crosshairs being stuck in the top left corner upon game loading then disappearing after a few seconds.

Using the RawTest file Howard posted in Page 1, I can get both guns to move the red square, but never the blue square.  Could this be somehow related to my problem?  Both guns are assigned unique IDs within the Aimtrak Utility and work with mame as separate guns.  I've also assigned the guns in the TS2.exe file to the numbers that work in the RawTest file.

I've tried calibrating the guns in each model 2 game, but since no movement is being registered it ends up being fruitless.  I'm not getting any install/run dialogue errors the previous people are posting.  I've started over and used a clean installation of model 2 v1.0, still no dice.  Any ideas?  I hate to have to give up on using 2 guns.

Edit:  I checked the TS2 program in the bottom right corner while model 2 was running and both guns are registering movements and trigger presses.  TS2 is working, why isn't it Model 2 picking up on what TS2 is picking up?  The crosshairs don't move in Model 2 and after calibrating the gun shoots in the same spot repeatedly. 

Edit 2:  I started from scratch, new windows, new install, new everything.  It works now.  Unsure what I was doing wrong previously, but it's fixed and I'm a happy camper.  Big thanks to Howard_Casto and all the others who worked on this wonderful tool!  Reading through this thread and the original RamjetR thread, I can't thank you enough for the work you guys put in.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:50:49 pm by kaskd »

The Big Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2015, 01:00:05 pm
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2014, 11:16:43 am »
Hey Howard! I seem to have an issue that no-one else has came across. For the most part my model2/Troubleshooter2/aimtrak setup works pretty well(no light gun game issues) except for 3 individual games, when I launch Sega Rally Championship and Virtual Fighter 2 I get a Run time error 13 type mismatch and the troubleshooter app crashes, this obviously doesn't effect the running off the game but it causes an ugly error box and wont allow me to exit with the escape key as Troubleshooter isn't running. Also when I run Virtual Striker it launches fine with no error but again wont exit with the escape key as Troubleshooter doesn't appear to be running.

Edit: If I run the TS2 configuration itself Virtual Striker doesn't appear in the drop down list Of available games, also there is one titled TRBLSHTR and if I highlight it the app crashes with the same Run-Time error 13.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:40:51 am by The Big Man »

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2023, 11:47:26 pm
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2014, 03:56:10 pm »
nice to see that you are looking at this again. If you need someone to test the miceid identification changes just let me know. I am not hell bend on moving from ver. 1.0 it just works.

Cheers

Sorry guys, I've been in Mortal Kombat 9 land.... I'm slowly starting to awaken from my slumber. 

The reason it doesn't work in 1.1a is because I'm hacking memory locations directly and obviously if the program is changed those locations can be changed.  I spent literally months finding the current locations, so I'm not real excited about doing it all over again.  Fortunately many of the games share the same locations, so if somebody wants to fire up cheat engine and search, perhaps using the current ini files as a guide, the program can be updated for use with 1.1a.  I've actually decided to go ahead and work on ts2 and mamehooker again. 

It's been too long between releases, particularly with mamehooker and it's getting to the point to where my gaps on working on them are so great that I'm forgetting what is left to do.  I need to scale my scope back and get these out there and the yet unannounced "big" features can wait until I take an interest again.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2014, 04:52:16 pm »
Hi guys,

Okay, this has me completely baffled. I tried for about 4 hours to make this work with two guns for Virtua Cop, and nothing seems to take.

Im using Model2 v1.0, not 1.1a. I tried it with both versions and same issues.

I installed everything correctly, CFG folders, dll's, etc. and here's what my problems are.

According to controllerRemap, my guns are on ID=0 and ID=2, although the Aimtrak utility I have them set to device 2 and 3. Confusing.
In the Emulator.ini, RawInput is at 1, and there is RawP1=5, and RawP2=5. I tried to change these to match the ID's of my guns from Windows (0/2).
In the TS config, I've tried to set them at 0 and 2, then 1 and 3, and so forth.
Also, TS is causing games like Bel and HOTD to crash, but not vcop.

If someone can give me a better idea of what I should or shouldnt be doing I would appreciate it. I have clean installed Model 2 and Troubleshooter well over 10 times.
When I run a game, I right click on the TS2 icon in the taskbar. It shows both guns moving and clicking away no problem.
When I load up Vcop, I cant even get crosshairs to move on the screen. Sometimes I can see one crosshair when I move my mouse.
I also have a Logitech gamepad in a port, and I believe it's deviceID=1

Should I be changing the Raw input in the Emulator.ini file? Should I turn it off to calibrate the guns in-game? The game always registers a trigger when I check out the Input in the service menu, but I cant see crosshairs nor calibrate the guns correctly.

Please please please help. I've spent more time on this emulator than Demul and Mame combined.
 :banghead: :cry:  :hissy: :angry:

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2014, 06:12:27 pm »
Ok ignore me. I was using 1.1a. I downloaded 1.0 from the site, but it turns out their links all go to 1.1a. Just ignore the ravings of a lunatic mind. Everything is kosher now on 1.0

ericitaquera

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2020, 07:38:45 pm
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2014, 07:49:25 pm »
Thanks for this software. Itīs much better to play with a friend than forever alone.

gamer83

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2022, 05:50:54 pm
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2014, 03:15:43 am »
Hey guys,just wondering if someone could help me out getting troubleshooter 2 to work with pc games.I can get it working perfectly with model 2,but i cant it to work with any pc games.i click the setting in the setting in the app ts2 gui to launch game and set the exe directory but it still wont work.namely im trying to get house of the dead 2 pc going.and yes i already set the controls to keyboard in the config util.can someone please explain how to get ts2 working with pc games .or should i just try ts1 for pc games?

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2023, 11:47:26 pm
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2014, 04:05:01 pm »
Howard,

would you mind releasing this Version with the miceID strings? If you do not want a wide release, I could test this version privately to ensure unpluging mice and reboots do not affect the gun chosen.

Cheers.

Hooked up devicestrings for the mice as well.  Now I need to get back to the scripting that I was originally working on.

Psymaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2015, 06:30:36 am
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2014, 04:11:12 am »
Hey Howard, i found out that if i play with german keyboard layout, it is not possible to trigger correctly. if i switch keyboard layout to U.S. then everything is fine. Is there any possibity to fix that in an ini file?

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:11 am »
Just a fair warning, Howard will probably not get back to you anytime soon. He abruptly quit this forum a few months back. No idea when he will decide to come back here.

Psymaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2014, 07:27:59 am »
hey vigo,

thanks for your reply. I finally found out how to fix this issue.

Now everything is working fine. The good thing is that from the beginning when i tried to get TS2 to work - i had all the problems that were mentioned in this thread.

I'll look forward to give a complete tutorial in this forum and maybe on hyperspin-fe.

It's fairly hard to understand whats going on if you don't read this thread over and over again.

:-)

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2014, 07:35:42 am »
Glad to hear it.  :cheers: Look forward to your tutorial!

Psymaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2014, 07:38:50 am »
is there any section for tutorials on this board? im new here :-)
we just finished our first arcade cab

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2014, 07:45:40 am »
Nothing dedicated to tutorials, so I would just keep it in the software section.

Oh, and welcome aboard! Feel free to start a project thread for your cabinet as well.  :)

Psymaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2014, 07:56:33 am »
Ok thank you.

Yes maybe i will do that. But this is only our prototype. It's clearly rough and we used cheap parts and old stuff we had at home.

Our next project will be more professional .

Here in germany these things are very unusual....

By the way...

Did anybody find out a way to modify the mice id#s after rebooting the system?
If not i could try to write a little tool for that which will look for the hardware id and write down the correct id number in the ts2 ini file after rebooting the system...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:00:25 am by Psymaniac »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:17:45 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:50 am »
is there any section for tutorials on this board? im new here :-)
Please consider cross-posting your tutorial to the wiki, too.

That way it's easy for someone else who might want to update or improve it after you finish working on it.

LMK if you want a wiki login. ;D

Scott