Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ipac2 says not connected  (Read 11666 times)

rtkiii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2022, 02:55:49 pm
  • Ready to Build! Not building? Making Movies!
    • RTKIII Productions YouTube Channel
Ipac2 says not connected
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:35:10 pm »
Hey guys,

Just hooked up Player 1 to my Ipac2 and the LED on the board lights solid.  I was getting some flashing early on that pointed to Button 5 which I switched out and now it looks good to go...but only Button #3 seems to work.  No direction and no other buttons.  Tested in Mame and also tried in WinIpac with no luck....says "FAILED! IPAC is not connected" but it is via PS2.  Also connected a PS2 keyboard to te device and tat seems to work fine

Any ideas?

thanks,
Rich
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:39:11 pm by rtkiii »

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
Re: Ipac2 says not connected
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:12:53 am »
I found an old forum post I am going to try and refer to about enabling/disabling something in the BIOS.  I'll try that tonight.

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:19:10 pm »
What that forum post does not really apply to my issue.  I did find that the ground had broken in one spot before Button 3 which caused for only that to work.  I spliced it and thought I had it fixed because the buttons did recognize when pressed EXCEPT only as BUTTON 2!!!!  So press Button 1...Button 2 lights up on IPAC software.  Press UP on Joystick and shows up as Button 2 pressed in IPAC software.  BLAST!!!!  Messed with connections and now IPAC shows Buttons 4-6 are not connected right.  Done for the night.  Scrapping and starting over...any suggestions on how to wire?  My next thought is to ground all buttons and joysticks and then test one input at a time.  Good or dumb?

Thanks.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:59:15 am »
The reason you aren't getting any response from your posts is because this is the controls.dat forum. 

All posts here involve the controls.dat project, not your hardware/software issues.  ;)

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:13:19 am »
The reason you aren't getting any response from your posts is because this is the controls.dat forum. 

All posts here involve the controls.dat project, not your hardware/software issues.  ;)

Doh!  :)  Sorry