Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trackball and Mouse buttons working in MAMEUI but not through M. Arcade (Solved)  (Read 4439 times)

gonzalma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2020, 09:07:02 pm
Basically I have my trackball set up as a mouse.  Two of the buttons on my control panel are wired to it as mouse buttons.  Now in MAME, under Default Game Options -> Controllers, there is the Enable Mouse Input check box.  With that checked, if I launch a game from MAMEUI32, I can program and use the mouse buttons like any other joystick button.  However, if I launch the same game under MA, even if the inputs have already been configured, the "mouse" buttons are not recognized within the games.  Now the mouse buttons do work as mouse buttons on the game selection screen, it just does not work for inputs during game play but once again it does work when the game is launched via MAMEUI32.  Is there a check box or something somewhere in the MA options that I am missing.  Would be grateful for any insight.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:00:08 am by gonzalma »
The Beatings will continue until Moral Improves...

Juddy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2014, 02:15:12 pm
Re: Trackball and Mouse buttons working in MAMEUI but not through Max Arcade
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:17 pm »
This should help.

Screen attached.

gonzalma

• Offline Offline
Re: Trackball and Mouse buttons working in MAMEUI but not through Max Arcade
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:34:11 pm »
Thanks but have already tried that.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
You should be using plain command line mame to launch games in maximus.   Have you set Maximus to run MameUI as the mame program or are you using the default in maximus which is mame.exe?

gonzalma

• Offline Offline
It is set to execute MAMEUI32.exe.  Thanks for the advice everyone.  Such a weird problem.  Probably just going to rewire the buttons.  I wont really need the mouse buttons when everything is fully set up and the computer boots directly to Maximus.

gonzalma

• Offline Offline
So if I am running a trackball game (any of them) through MameUI the trackball works fine.  However if I run the same game through Max Arcade, it doesn't work at all.  Now on the Max Arcade game selection (or emulator) screen, the trackball is recognized and does work as a mouse but once I am "in game", it is like the trackball doesn't exist.  And yes, I do have the "capture mouse/trackball" check box checked in the Max Arcade preferences. 

Very frustrating as this is literally the last thing I need to figure out before my Arcade Cabinet is finished.  Heck I even finally got Daphne to fully work through Max Arcade but cant seem to figure this issue out.  Any help would be very appreciated.  Thanks.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Have you checked your mame.ini?
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
I'm using mame.exe with Maximus and my mouse buttons work fine.

gonzalma

• Offline Offline
Have you checked your mame.ini?

The obvious question was going to be, check what in the mame.ini.  But it turns out that under "# CORE INPUT OPTIONS" mouse was set to "0" and needed to be changed to "1".  Everything was selected correctly in MameUI under "Default Game Options" and once again the trackball and inputs where working when running games through the UI but for some reason the mame.ini was not affected.  So I dont quite understand but its working so that is all I really care about.  So my cabinet is pretty much done.  Thanks for the help DeLuSioNal29...

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
Glad to hear that you got it working.  ^-^

D