Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyArcade live-CD 2020  (Read 392915 times)

Substring

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:52:09 pm
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
    • GroovyArcade active fork
Re: GroovyArcade live-CD New Release 2020
« Reply #1080 on: November 30, 2020, 02:24:28 pm »
Then instead of replacing attract or starfe/sh, just start mame before, the next command will be run once mame is over

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #1081 on: November 30, 2020, 04:18:11 pm »
Got it, thanks.

Old$kool

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2020, 03:53:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1082 on: December 12, 2020, 08:28:11 am »
hi guys new here
i'm currently using "Substrings" latest release folk from his github.
Really loving this distro btw topmarks. I've added Retroarch and enabled crtswitchres and it's working great for all the consoles. I've also added Dolphin and PCSX2.

I have the full set for 0.193 (Roms,CHD's,Samples) and was wondering how i downgrade groovymame to 0.193. I have downloaded the 0.193 linux compressed file but could do with some further instructions in what to do next.

14" Acorn AKF18 Tri Sync (H 15 – 38 KHz, V 47 – 90 Hz)
Asus R7-240 GDDR5 2GB OC
Groovy Arcade
additional installs: Retroarch, Dolphin-emu, PCSX2.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1083 on: December 12, 2020, 11:17:46 am »
For that purpose you need to download MAME code, apply groovymame patch and compile ... If you're lucky, the linux 193 binary is still in Calamity's drive

EDIT: lucky you, still there : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NiRwewWCNXsEyk8HuJycM4cI-Oq5mD4u/view?usp=sharing

I guess you know how to replace the current binary with the 193 one ?

Old$kool

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2020, 03:53:30 pm
« Reply #1084 on: December 12, 2020, 03:45:06 pm »
i managed to figure it out yeah, thanks for the reply

for some reason on GroovyArcadeSetUp it defaults to LOG dir on update so i dropped that file in the log dir and ran it rebooted and opened groovymame in terminal which loaded up as 0.193 and all seems to work now.

it kept my mame.ini settings, i'm guessing nothing has changed in the code since 0.193?

14" Acorn AKF18 Tri Sync (H 15 – 38 KHz, V 47 – 90 Hz)
Asus R7-240 GDDR5 2GB OC
Groovy Arcade
additional installs: Retroarch, Dolphin-emu, PCSX2.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1085 on: December 12, 2020, 06:16:25 pm »
Can't tell for sure, but most chances are that mainly emulation evolved, not settings

robotdance

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2021, 11:32:06 am
« Reply #1086 on: December 21, 2020, 01:17:51 am »
Hi Substring.  I've been using GroovyArcade for the last few weeks now and it is absolutely fantastic!  Thanks so much for all your work on the project.

I'm having two minor issues: the switching of virtual desktops and sound issues.  I've followed your instructions on the GitLab troubleshooting page to try to fix both of the issues, but they still seem to happen.  For the sound, the audio originally stuttered, but now I get no audio after installing and switching to PulseAudio (sdl).  And the virtual desktops still seem to switch with the same button combination even after copying and editing the openbox xmlfile.

Any ideas of anything else to try?  Or is there some way I can verify that I made the changes correctly?  (I tried to follow the instructions exactly!)

benyamin39

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 04:05:40 pm
« Reply #1087 on: December 23, 2020, 12:14:35 pm »
Hi,

I have setup an arcade cabinet built on a slim form Lenovo thinkcentre intel core2 Duo desktop with PCIE Radion 7000 series graphic card connected via DVI-I to an NTSC TV RGB modded and with ATOM-15 BIOS patch. It is a pretty standard hardware configuration I believe. I made it work on Windows 10 with CRTEmudriver groovymame using either standard resolutions (my preference) and superresolutions. I do not have any dual monitor configuration. Everything boot and run from the NTSC TV fine

Being a Linux guy, I now want to install groovyarcade. I am running from the 2020.06 version, booting from a USB key.

My problem is that the video I get is scrambled (sync problem):

On Power ON, I reach the groovy arcade boot menu where I can choose either 15kHZ or NTSC. So I am fine up to that point.

After that, if I select either 15kHz or NTSC, the splash screen picture that follows is scrambled.

I tried to change the resolution. I used the Tab option on the boot menu and edit the video mode from 640x480iS to 320x240eS. The resolution will change to 320x240 but still I got a scrambled picture

I tested the 15kHz signal. I disconnected my NTSV TV and connected VGA monitor. The picture is out of sync, so I believe the signal is 15kHz.

So the resolution is correct, 15kHz signal is correct, but the image is scrambled.

Is it an issue with this particular Radeon graphic cards series? Can I edit the modelines somehow to adjust? Did I miss a step?

Thx for your help and the great work around Groovyarcade.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1088 on: December 23, 2020, 02:57:03 pm »
Hi Substring.  I've been using GroovyArcade for the last few weeks now and it is absolutely fantastic!  Thanks so much for all your work on the project.

I'm having two minor issues: the switching of virtual desktops and sound issues.  I've followed your instructions on the GitLab troubleshooting page to try to fix both of the issues, but they still seem to happen.  For the sound, the audio originally stuttered, but now I get no audio after installing and switching to PulseAudio (sdl).  And the virtual desktops still seem to switch with the same button combination even after copying and editing the openbox xmlfile.

Any ideas of anything else to try?  Or is there some way I can verify that I made the changes correctly?  (I tried to follow the instructions exactly!)

As the arcade user, can you first rm -rf ~/.config/openbox/ and then again do https://gitlab.com/groovyarcade/support/-/wikis/2-HowTo/2.4-Troubeshooting#virtual-desktops-are-switched-on-button-shortcuts

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1089 on: December 23, 2020, 03:03:11 pm »
Hi,

I have setup an arcade cabinet built on a slim form Lenovo thinkcentre intel core2 Duo desktop with PCIE Radion 7000 series graphic card connected via DVI-I to an NTSC TV RGB modded and with ATOM-15 BIOS patch. It is a pretty standard hardware configuration I believe. I made it work on Windows 10 with CRTEmudriver groovymame using either standard resolutions (my preference) and superresolutions. I do not have any dual monitor configuration. Everything boot and run from the NTSC TV fine

Being a Linux guy, I now want to install groovyarcade. I am running from the 2020.06 version, booting from a USB key.

My problem is that the video I get is scrambled (sync problem):

On Power ON, I reach the groovy arcade boot menu where I can choose either 15kHZ or NTSC. So I am fine up to that point.

After that, if I select either 15kHz or NTSC, the splash screen picture that follows is scrambled.

I tried to change the resolution. I used the Tab option on the boot menu and edit the video mode from 640x480iS to 320x240eS. The resolution will change to 320x240 but still I got a scrambled picture

I tested the 15kHz signal. I disconnected my NTSV TV and connected VGA monitor. The picture is out of sync, so I believe the signal is 15kHz.

So the resolution is correct, 15kHz signal is correct, but the image is scrambled.

Is it an issue with this particular Radeon graphic cards series? Can I edit the modelines somehow to adjust? Did I miss a step?

Thx for your help and the great work around Groovyarcade.
As everytime : which release are you using ? VeS' (from that topic) ? or mine ? I'll reach Calamity and get the timings of the Atom15 bios and suggest a solution for you

robotdance

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2021, 11:32:06 am
« Reply #1090 on: December 23, 2020, 09:28:10 pm »
As the arcade user, can you first rm -rf ~/.config/openbox/ and then again do https://gitlab.com/groovyarcade/support/-/wikis/2-HowTo/2.4-Troubeshooting#virtual-desktops-are-switched-on-button-shortcuts

Thanks Substring.  The virtual desktops are now fixed.  I must have done something wrong when I followed your instructions the first time, but it seems correct now.

Also I think I've fixed my audio issues.  I went back to portaudio instead of sdl, but I set pa_latency to 0.002 instead of the default of 0.  I could probably even fine tune it a bit lower, but I did hear some stuttering at 0.001.  Thanks for the help!

benyamin39

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1091 on: December 23, 2020, 10:55:23 pm »
As everytime : which release are you using ? VeS' (from that topic) ? or mine ? I'll reach Calamity and get the timings of the Atom15 bios and suggest a solution for you
I have tested your latest version dated June and downloaded from github. I also tested the April version (from that topic downloaded from Google drive. Although the options at boot menu are slightly different, the problem is the same. Thx for your help.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1092 on: December 24, 2020, 07:18:48 am »
I have tested your latest version dated June and downloaded from github. I also tested the April version (from that topic downloaded from Google drive. Although the options at boot menu are slightly different, the problem is the same. Thx for your help.

Give a try to 1280x480ieS ! Only on my iso.

benyamin39

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1093 on: December 24, 2020, 09:15:08 am »

Give a try to 1280x480ieS ! Only on my iso.
Thx for the fast response! ok I tried it. It still scrambles a lot, but overall less than at 640x480. So if I play further with the video resolution I may get there. i stands for interlace. S : superresolution? what does e stand for? I read also in the past about vertical and horizontal polarization to be adjusted sometimes. If you have an URL explaining how video option work I may be able to fix it. Thx again.

retrorepair

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 04:49:58 pm
« Reply #1094 on: December 25, 2020, 04:16:52 am »
Is there a filter on non-working games?

I wanted to check out model2 but they don't seem to be in the list.

While I'm at it, is there any skin options (or an options menu I'm missing) for the default frontend?
My arcade racing setup:
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRepair
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/retrorepair

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1095 on: December 25, 2020, 07:16:48 am »
Thx for the fast response! ok I tried it. It still scrambles a lot, but overall less than at 640x480. So if I play further with the video resolution I may get there. i stands for interlace. S : superresolution? what does e stand for? I read also in the past about vertical and horizontal polarization to be adjusted sometimes. If you have an URL explaining how video option work I may be able to fix it. Thx again.
S : switchres resolution -> 15kHz resolutions we've added to the kernel
e : force connectors to enabled, that's  normal vanilla kernel parameter
i : interlace, normal vanilla kernel parameter

If by polarization you mean the H anv V sync polarity, they are all negative in GA.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1096 on: December 25, 2020, 07:18:32 am »
Is there a filter on non-working games?

I wanted to check out model2 but they don't seem to be in the list.

While I'm at it, is there any skin options (or an options menu I'm missing) for the default frontend?
I don't think there is such a filter. I'm no attract mode pro tbh, yo may have better answers on its forum.

Skins are called layouts in Attract Mode, press TAB an check the Displays entry

retrorepair

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 04:49:58 pm
« Reply #1097 on: December 25, 2020, 10:23:03 am »
Found the filters, they're accessed by pressing F4 and can be enabled/disabled
My arcade racing setup:
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRepair
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/retrorepair

thestobbster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2021, 10:44:01 pm
« Reply #1098 on: February 04, 2021, 02:00:57 pm »
Hello, after a long time of hard work finally we publish the new version.
Thanks to Calamity for the patience that has had with so many update(awkward mistakes, translations, improvements, etc) Daesdae for his great work with AdvmenuPlus,Rockman betatester and thinker.

GroovyArcade live-CD Release 2020

GroovyArcade live-CD Release 2013-02-24

GroovyWiki: Installing Groovy Arcade Arch Linux to a USB Flash Drive

GroovyArcade-Mame

GroovyArcade-Mame GitHub

System features:

- Linux Kernel 3.7.7
- xf86-video-ati 1:7.0.0-1
- xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.6-1
- xf86-video-intel 2.21.2-1
- xf86-video-fbdev 0.4.3-2
- xf86-video-vesa 2.3.2-2
- mesa 9.0.2-1
- Locked kernel, SDL and video packages during updates.
- Locked distribution date as 02/20/2013 for future package updates.
- Added experimental support for NVidia cards (tested 9800gt).
- Added intel vesa fb video driver.
- Added svgalib package.
- Added Mednafen multi-system emulator.
- Added Rejoystick package, converts joystick events to key strokes.
- Added touchpad package for laptops.
- New 'autologin', to avoid problems with 'user' in future updates

Software included:

- GroovyMAME
- SwitchRes 1.50-fix
- AdvmenuPlus v2.7
- Mednafen 0.9.28-1
- Mupen64plus 1.99.5-4
- Nestopia 1.44-1
- Stella 3.7.3-1
- Gens 2.15.5-5
- Wahcade-bzr 104-1 develversion

GAsetup update:

- Added new auto-update options for GroovyMAME, AdvmenuPLUS, etc.
- Added monitor presets in sync with GroovyMAME
- Added new scripts 'Add ROM/Snap paths', to easily configure your emulator's rom/snap paths without editing text files. These scripts will auto-configure AdvmenuPLUS for you.
- Added modified Midnight Commamder (mc) that includes new option (in F2 menu) to set current directory as a rom/snap path for the emulator you choose. This is an alternative to the 'Add ROM/Snap paths' script.
- Added CRT emulation option for LCD screens, based on GLSL filters. 
- Added grub editing menu to setup outputs, time-out, splash screen, etc.
- Various grub issues fixed.
- General clean-up (obsolete setups, etc.)
- New option to disable Intel i915 graphics from grub, that cause some PCs to crash on boot.
- New option to copy contains of /roms partition from live-CD on HD installation. This way the user can choose to keep his /roms partition from a previous installation unmodified.
- Added Rejoystick daemon setup.
- Added support for updating network and WIFI setup, now it asks for the encryption type (WPA, WEP or Open).
- Fully reworked 'automount' feature, so it stays active during HD installation to look for previous setups.
- New option to hide mouse pointer, it only gets hidden with 'autologin', if AdvmenuPLUS or Wah!Cade are used. For LXDE it will be visible, as well as for Wah!Cade first execution.

GroovyMAME/UME:

- Updated to SwitchRes patch version 014.
- GroovyMAME v0.148u1.014, compiled with WiiMote support (the XInput patch originally created by SpritesMods.com, which VeS had been including and mantaining in GroovyMAME was finally added to baseline MAME in version 0.147u4, however it needs to be explicitly activated before compiling).
- New folder 'Bios_roms' in /roms, necessary to store GroovyUME bioses.

SwitchRes 1.50-fix:

- Updated (patched actually) to be in sync with new monitor presets and options in GroovyMAME (SwitchRes patch 014).
- Now ini files are read from inisw, this is to avoid conflicts with ini files read by GroovyMAME/UME.

AdvmenuPLUS:

- Added AdvmenuPLUS v2.6 and new layouts.
- Compiled for generic hardware to avoid segmentation faults.
- Updated configuration for various emulators.

Mednafen

- Added Mednafen 0.9.28-1 multi-system emulator, as an alternative to GroovyUME, due to its easy integration with the SwitchRes launcher to allow native video modes.
- Most special keys have been removed, joysticks are configured from f3 to f6.

Misc:

- Added links on LXDE desktop for Wah!Cade and Rejoystick.
- Added web browser.
- All users setup files cleaned and revised.
- Updated fstab, now it mounts non-Linux partitions, internal clean-up. 
- All mount/umount commands redirected to 'null' to hide messages.
- Modified 'event' executable to print Wiimote events so they can be recognized and added to xorg.conf (still manual).
- New xorg.conf setup, now hexadecimal PCI identifiers are converted to decimal.

I installed the 2020 version on my vertical monitor setup. When I boot up Groovy Arcade the splash screen is sideways. Is there any way to turn or remove the pulsating splash screen?

Thanks,
THeSToBBSTeR

nicr4wks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:19:57 am
« Reply #1099 on: February 08, 2021, 05:26:29 am »
Hey all,

In substrings fork, is there a way to set multiple monitor types? Let it pick from PAL, NTSC, Arcade_15 etc automatically?

I have a SCART TV that can accept all of these inputs, Arcade_15 is perfect for arcade games but trying to run PAL PSX via groovymame is either very slow or very fast, I have to set the screen type to PAL before launching my PAL games then set it back to Arcade_15 before playing other platforms.

Thanks.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1100 on: February 09, 2021, 06:44:58 am »
arcade_15 or generic_15 can do 50Hz, you're not supposed to change that on demand.

nicr4wks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1101 on: February 10, 2021, 03:27:23 am »
arcade_15 or generic_15 can do 50Hz, you're not supposed to change that on demand.

Thanks for checking in, I must be using something incorrectly..

groovymame reports these video modes when in game using PAL PSX (groovymame pse -cdrom /path/psxgame.cue).

Generic_15 (too fast)
512 x 256 (H) 50 Hz
SR(0) 512 x 256p 57.065 Hz 15.750 kHz

Arcade_15 (too slow)
512 x 256 (H) 50 Hz
SR(0) 512 x 256p 58.484 Hz 16.200 kHz

PAL (correct)
512 x 256 (H) 50 Hz
SR(0) 512 x 256p 50.000 Hz 15.600 kHz

If Arcade and Generic both do 50hz shouldn't they pick the same as PAL mode to match the source?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #1102 on: February 10, 2021, 03:41:51 am »
Hi nicr4wks,

This looks like a problem with baseline MAME rather then GroovyMAME. Your log shows the PSX is trying to use 60 Hz modes even in PAL mode. That's incorrect. GroovyMAME just takes those 256p modes and tries to apply 60 Hz on them as requested, although it can't achieve that due to the 15 kHz limit (it falls close at 58 Hz). I've seen other examples of wrong PAL timings in MAME, maybe only NTSC platforms receive the most attention.

So you can create an specific ini file for psx games, adding (only) "monitor pal" and "syncrefresh". Forcing syncrefresh will be needed since GroovyMAME will still think it's running too slow and will disable it for this reason otherwise.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

nicr4wks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1103 on: February 10, 2021, 05:28:45 am »
Thanks, I'm not going crazy then  :lol

I've grabbed a couple of NTSC discs and they work fine, I think I'll just replace all of my disc images as the easier option.

EDIT--
I had to give it a go, created the pse.ini file, monitor switches to PAL mode OK, mame reports it's running in 50hz but the game still runs at over 200%, back to getting NTSC discs.

Code: [Select]
monitor pal
syncrefresh 1
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:42:09 am by nicr4wks »

amenhotep

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 04:24:20 pm
« Reply #1104 on: February 10, 2021, 11:14:26 am »
Booting 2021.01 off both DVD and USB stick on a Macbook 2,1 yield this error message when selecting any video mode on boot:

error: file `///groovyarcade/boot/x86_64/vmlinuz-linux-15khx quiet rd.udev.log-priority=3 splash mitigations=off audit=0
video=1280x480iS' not found.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1105 on: February 10, 2021, 01:10:26 pm »
Booting 2021.01 off both DVD and USB stick on a Macbook 2,1 yield this error message when selecting any video mode on boot:

error: file `///groovyarcade/boot/x86_64/vmlinuz-linux-15khx quiet rd.udev.log-priority=3 splash mitigations=off audit=0
video=1280x480iS' not found.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Wrong topic, switch to the collaborative one and ask there ;)

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 12:49:09 am
« Reply #1106 on: March 19, 2021, 07:24:00 pm »
Mr. Groovy (Calamity),

Currently I have:
Betson Imperial 27" multisync arcade monitor
Intel E8600 / radeon HD4890

Does your live CD work out of the box with this monitor/hardware?  Mainly looking for accurate CRT output.  Also is there any possibility of sending signal out of range to the monitor with the live CD?  Thank you!

mapaupuropo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 10:02:05 am
« Reply #1107 on: April 27, 2021, 04:25:41 pm »
Hello everybody! Does anyone know what is the latest version of groovyarcade compatible with openppjoy and Pentium 4?

Thanks  :notworthy:

LDranzer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2021, 03:52:59 pm
« Reply #1108 on: May 24, 2021, 04:03:33 am »
Hi!
Quick question, just installed GroovyArcade on my cabinet and well, everything works pretty good so far.
However, I have this problem, my controllers work via Parallel Port from a JAMMA2PC adapter, and I think I got it working, however, I got to get into LXDE to do some configurations and stuff, and well, now I don't know how to go back to the GroovyArcade setup to be able to change the FrontEnd back to AdvMenu or Attract Mode. :(
Can anybody help me?

robbbby

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2022, 05:11:00 pm
« Reply #1109 on: June 13, 2021, 08:15:32 pm »
Hi guys, I'm coming over from a windows setup and trying to install groovyarcade.  I have a radeon hd6870, but for the life of me cannot get video to show up on the CRT that is hooked up to the 6870.  While installing groovyarcade I need to use a monitor hooked up to the VGA port of the motherboard to see anything.  CRT worked fine previously with windows but now I'm stuck.  I've booted off the install multiple times and tried every option I'm first presented with... DVI1, DVI2, VGA1, VGA2... nothing sends an image to the CRT.

Sledge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 05:22:55 am

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1111 on: June 15, 2021, 03:51:22 am »
trying to install groovyarcade.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
this one?
Not this one, mine doesn't have the connector selection at the boot menu as everything is detected by the talking script

robbbby

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2022, 05:11:00 pm
« Reply #1112 on: June 15, 2021, 06:24:11 am »
trying to install groovyarcade.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
this one?
Not this one, mine doesn't have the connector selection at the boot menu as everything is detected by the talking script

Correct. I’m going to try it with your version. Thanks!

deadl0ck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2021, 11:06:46 am
    • Evercade Info Central
« Reply #1113 on: June 15, 2021, 03:48:04 pm »
Hi all - I've been running a Windows MAME cab for a while but I want to give GroovyArcade a go (It's got a 4:3 LCD)
I've tried the live boot off USB and it seems good but is there a way to Dual Boot and keep the windows also, or can the Live USB Test be made permanent - I booted it twice and both times it had to go through the setup and monitor detection with the Live Test so I'm assuming it doesn't save the settings.
What's the best option for now so I can keep the Windows installation in case I want to revert ?
Also - the ROMs I have are all on a USB HDD so I assume I can just mount that from GroovyArcade ?
Thanks !

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1114 on: June 16, 2021, 04:05:38 am »
Simple answer : use 2 drives. Period. Dual booting on the same disk is possible but a little complicated, even more if you want to use a drive that you don't want to wipe.

And I recommend you use the collaborative version on the other topic, VeS won't help anyone here.

deadl0ck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2021, 11:06:46 am
    • Evercade Info Central
« Reply #1115 on: June 16, 2021, 04:19:47 am »
Thanks for the info - I had been thinking of another drive - might just be the easiest.

Should it be handy enough to mount my USB drive from GroovyArcade ?

roostaar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 06:06:59 pm
« Reply #1116 on: July 11, 2021, 09:04:33 pm »

I installed the 2020 version on my vertical monitor setup. When I boot up Groovy Arcade the splash screen is sideways. Is there any way to turn or remove the pulsating splash screen?

Thanks,

In GASETUP (Groovy Arcade Setup) - (quit front end or run 'sudo gasetup' from terminal)

Option 2 - (Setup audio, video, network)
Option 1 - (Video Setup)
Option 6 - (Video Boot Options)
Option 5 - (Splash Orientation)

Choose Vertical Right/Left depending on your monitor rotation.

contemplator

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2023, 03:26:33 pm
« Reply #1117 on: July 27, 2021, 12:50:24 am »
Now for consoles : I've simply removed anything linked to consoles for a BIG list of reasons and tbh, at the moment, I can't make any support for them, I have way too much to do for GA and other things related to GroovyMAME. You may try your luck with RetroArch that is 15kHz capable, but haven't had time to try it yet.

Noob question:
Is there a chance that emu4crt Mednafen mod can be included in the next release of Groovyarcade?

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #1118 on: July 27, 2021, 04:15:07 am »
emu4crt is still beta. I've tesyed it locally, but haven't pushed it yet, nor have I written the emulators configuration files. I can't add it in the iso, but would make the package available some day

contemplator

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2023, 03:26:33 pm
« Reply #1119 on: July 29, 2021, 01:03:00 pm »
I see a lot of people adding RA to their GA installs, but I guess many of them don`t realize the advantages of Mednafen with emu4crt mod.

It would be amazing if we could have an all-in-one ISO some day, but available package is still a good option as well.   :applaud:  :notworthy: