Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyArcade live-CD 2020  (Read 390267 times)

puntja

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2018, 05:50:29 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: GroovyArcade live-CD New Release 2018
« Reply #720 on: March 15, 2018, 06:20:04 am »
can someone please tell me how I can add roms?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:09:52 pm by puntja »

galaxian77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2021, 12:45:59 pm
  • Groovyarcade fan !
    • Arcade Sunday (YouTube)
« Reply #721 on: March 25, 2018, 04:46:57 am »
can someone please tell me how I can add roms?

Not sure if this has been answered "officially" yet, but this is how I add roms:

1) Fully install GroovyArcade to hard disk (I prefer to use the "Attract Mode" front end, so I select this during the initial installation options). Reboot, and remove the installation media.
2) Start up the arcade machine. GroovyArcade starts up, and loads the Attract Mode with the default set of roms.
3) Exit Attract Mode (usually "player 2" button, or "Escape"). You'll be presented with the Linux options / setup menu
4) Choose "File Manager / Midnight Commander" from the menu. Note that the file manager has a "split view" (ie: you can view two different folders at the same time - which is necessary to copy roms over...). Once opened, plug in a USB stick with all the roms you own. It will be automatically mounted in the default folder called "MEDIA". Browse the installation drive, and look for the "MEDIA" folder.  Select all of your roms (either using "insert" or press "F9" choose the file menu, and choose "Select Group", then type in *.* as the selection criteria...
5) On the "other" / "split view" window (select by using "TAB"), browse to your GroovyArcade / installation folder (which should be /home/arcade/roms/mame/roms - or something similar to that). You will know it's the correct folder, as your will see a list of existing roms that came with the initial install.
6) You should now have a view of both the "MEDIA" folder with all of your roms on one side, and the view of "/home/arcade/roms/mame/roms" on the other side
7) Press "TAB" to select the "MEDIA" folder view. If you followed step "4" correctly, all roms should be selected. Press "F5" to copy from one side to the other
8 ) Once copying is complete, press "F10" to exit Midnight Commander
9) Select the "Start front end" (I think it's the first option on the menu). Your front end will start up
10) If you're running Attract Mode like I do, press "TAB", then select "Emulators -> Mame", then select "generate roms list" (can't remember the exact wording). This process can take a while, as it commands GroovyMame to generate a new XML (the equivalent of running "groovymame -listxml" from a command line)
11) Exit the options menu, and play some games ! :)

Hope this helps someone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 04:56:19 am by galaxian77 »
Check out my home Arcade YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLKl6BrSjDsvCHIL2Blql-A

Still loving the classics, 30+ years later! 5 dedicated MAME cabinets: GroovyArcade, some Arduinos, real CRTs, ATI VGA cards, and some crazy hacks... Love it.

Frylock77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2018, 12:41:14 am
« Reply #722 on: March 28, 2018, 08:37:19 am »
I just wanted to write this real quick, just in case anyone else out there runs into this problem and how I solved it:

I've been using the live CD successfully on a few different machines, but one in particular was giving me a major headache...
I recently purchased an MSI A320M Pro-VH Plus motherboard and a Ryzen 5 1500X CPU. I used the same video card on several different motherboards, an ATI X300. The live CD worked great on every other machine, with that video card, EXCEPT for this one!

The solution:

Configure your video card options in gasetup, just like always, but then EXIT to the shell. go to /etc/X11 and edit the xorg.conf file. Remove everything in the file EXCEPT for the MONITOR and MODES sections. This was the only way I was able to get anything working at 15kHz.

Perhaps this is something that can be tested or fixed in a future release, but it is definitely related somehow to this motherboard or CPU, since I was able to get everything running perfect on several other machines with the X300.

Hopefully this helps someone!

sr.polilla

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2018, 10:37:02 am
  • GroovyArcade noob user
« Reply #723 on: March 28, 2018, 02:56:36 pm »
I'm trying to run some CPS1 games (with two versions of GroovyArcade, 2016 and 2018) but games don't work, like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs or The Punisher. There is a specific problem from groovymame? I must to activate a especial/hidden option? This happen with any front-end, when I launch a game, the resolution of my TV change, appear a blank screen and aumatically go back to the launcher. Street Fighter 2 works perfectly and use the same system.

PS: I use the correct romset version (0.195) and the 0.185 and both fails.

veggav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2019, 09:41:30 am
« Reply #724 on: April 01, 2018, 08:18:52 am »
So I'm considering building a dedicated emulation PC with groovy arcade to be hooked to my RGB CRT.

Since MAME and MESS got fused this would not just cover arcade games but also consoles.
The thing is, since MAME is written in C, as far as my limited knowledge goes, it won't use any kind of GPU processing.

This can't be true for PSX in MESS just an example.

So which was the last GPU to support 15khz with pixel perfect output?

Cucurbitacée

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2021, 02:26:59 pm
« Reply #725 on: April 08, 2018, 11:00:58 am »
Hi guys,

I tried to update my 2017 installs with this promising looking 2018 version. Here is what I did:
  • Back up the content of the /home folder on an external drive.
  • Delete all partitions on hard drive.
  • Install 2018 using a DVD-R.
  • Copy the content of the backup to the /home folder.

And it worked almost flawlessly. It would have been perfect for one problem: MAME is running way too fast.

I plugged a keyboard and tried to play with the F10 key, but it doesn't do anything.

Then I moved mame.ini to a backup folder and recreated a new config file using:
Code: [Select]
groovymame -ccBut it's still way too fast.

Does anyone has any advice before I mess too much with the system? :angel:

Thanks.

Cucurbitacée

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2021, 02:26:59 pm
« Reply #726 on: April 08, 2018, 04:10:48 pm »
Hi again,

I reply to myself as I kept investigating. I've attached the log for running DoDonPachi for some seconds. There is a bunch of these lines:
drmWaitVBlank failedAnd the final speed reported is:
Average speed: 272.54% (11 seconds)I'll keep investigating, but if someone knows what's going, please tell me. :)

Thanks

jtslade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2023, 11:34:45 am
  • Keep it looking originallish!
« Reply #727 on: April 24, 2018, 04:15:29 pm »
TY for your work on GA!

My 2013 install on a USB died for my CRT cocktail cab. Took the opportunity to upgrade to a small 32GB SSD that I have. I think Attract Mode looks interesting. I installed GA 2018 and am working on getting everything together.

My cab is 4 way stick with two buttons, so really only about 100 games max support this vertical.

What version Mame is inside GA2018?

Thank you!

pics of the old setup: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137692.0.html

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:26:05 pm by jtslade »
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

GroovyNewbie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2018, 01:58:32 pm
« Reply #728 on: May 12, 2018, 06:19:04 pm »
Hi all, I'm new to the GroovyArcade party. I'm having trouble getting started and wonder if someone can help.

Here's my setup:

Lenovo X230
Audio Authority 9A60
Sony WEGA KV-24FS120

The issue I'm having is B&W video, that's tripled/skewed/unreadable on TV. After initial Groovy menus, 240p is centered to laptop, and no video to TV. I also lose Fn+F7 controls for screen selection.

If someone has experienced this before and knows how to fix, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

jtslade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #729 on: May 12, 2018, 07:46:58 pm »
Does anyone know how to get older (Pre UEFI) computers to work with the 2017 or 2018 GA?

I installed via USB to a SSD 2017 many, many times last night.. It always finishes and wont boot.. Get a missing OS message, like GRUB never get installed or something...

The motherboard is an older AM2 - AMD with a X2 CPU all of it is from circa 2007 ish. It ran the original GA from 2013 on USB for years..

If anyone has any ideas.. is Legacy boot the problem.. Ive tried native IDE and ACHI settings..

Thank you!
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

jtslade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #730 on: May 14, 2018, 04:34:37 pm »
Does anyone know how to get older (Pre UEFI) computers to work with the 2017 or 2018 GA?

I installed via USB to a SSD 2017 many, many times last night.. It always finishes and wont boot.. Get a missing OS message, like GRUB never get installed or something...

The motherboard is an older AM2 - AMD with a X2 CPU all of it is from circa 2007 ish. It ran the original GA from 2013 on USB for years..

If anyone has any ideas.. is Legacy boot the problem.. Ive tried native IDE and ACHI settings..

Thank you!

So i stayed up late and solved this one. Tried to with the 2016 GA and saw the same result... Basically SYSLINUX was bombing out while creating or flagging the boot flag / partition. Arch I guess left the whole bios boot crowd a while ago and the package to make it work is not in any of the newer builds of GA (2016, 2017, 2018)

The fix is to install GA then from the USB installer for GA drop to a root shell.  On another USB I downloaded the package for gptfdisk
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/gptfdisk/

its a small package. I used pacman to install it which syslinux needs. Ran the syslinux update command:

syslinux-install_update -i -a -m

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/syslinux#Automatic_Install

rebooted and it came up. Its now running with bios boot GA 2016 which I may keep. Seems easier to get wheel art working in 2017 but hey maybe I'll stick with 2016 for a while.

tb404

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2018, 04:06:11 pm
« Reply #731 on: May 16, 2018, 08:18:44 am »
Is it possible to install Vice and FS-UAE on a GroovyArcade installation?

GroovyNewbie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2018, 01:58:32 pm
« Reply #732 on: May 16, 2018, 01:58:44 pm »
Hi all, I'm new to the GroovyArcade party. I'm having trouble getting started and wonder if someone can help.

Here's my setup:

Lenovo X230
Audio Authority 9A60
Sony WEGA KV-24FS120

The issue I'm having is B&W video, that's tripled/skewed/unreadable on TV. After initial Groovy menus, 240p is centered to laptop, and no video to TV. I also lose Fn+F7 controls for screen selection.

If someone has experienced this before and knows how to fix, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I suspect the issue is 640x480p being fed into the CRT, which it cannot handle. I moved everything over to my old HDTV (with component inputs). Using xrandr, I was able to send 640x480p from "VGA1" to that HDTV in Linux Mint. I tried forcing 240p without success. That TV will take 240p and convert to 480i - not ideal, but just for testing. Maybe the Intel HD 4000 chipset doesn't support anything lower than 640x480p. Any thoughts?

tb404

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2018, 04:06:11 pm
« Reply #733 on: May 16, 2018, 06:51:13 pm »

Here's my setup:

Lenovo X230
Audio Authority 9A60
Sony WEGA KV-24FS120

Thanks.

I suspect the issue is 640x480p being fed into the CRT, which it cannot handle. I moved everything over to my old HDTV (with component inputs). Using xrandr, I was able to send 640x480p from "VGA1" to that HDTV in Linux Mint. I tried forcing 240p without success. That TV will take 240p and convert to 480i - not ideal, but just for testing. Maybe the Intel HD 4000 chipset doesn't support anything lower than 640x480p. Any thoughts?

I very much doubt the Intel HD 4000 chipset can handle low resolutions, you will be better off using a cheap desktop box with a 3ghz+ cpu and a PCIE ATI HD4350 graphic card.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:54:23 pm by tb404 »

LazyAce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2020, 09:44:45 am
« Reply #734 on: May 19, 2018, 04:59:24 pm »
I'm having the strangest issue wit hthis on my 3.3ghz build. I'm getting weird sound and speed dips but only in Bubble Bobble of all things! Using F11 to bring up the display will randomly jump from 100% speed to 80% which warps the audio. It seems odd that it's almost exclusively this when new games all run fine. Any ideas how to fix this? Would changing the frame_delay or sync_refresh lines in the MAME.ini help? Thanks

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #735 on: May 21, 2018, 07:00:03 am »
I'm having the strangest issue wit hthis on my 3.3ghz build. I'm getting weird sound and speed dips but only in Bubble Bobble of all things! Using F11 to bring up the display will randomly jump from 100% speed to 80% which warps the audio. It seems odd that it's almost exclusively this when new games all run fine. Any ideas how to fix this? Would changing the frame_delay or sync_refresh lines in the MAME.ini help? Thanks

Just to discard things, try setting "dotclock_min 8.0" in mame.ini.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

LazyAce

• Offline Offline
« Reply #736 on: May 21, 2018, 01:02:34 pm »

Thanks Calamity will give that a shot and report back. Out of testing almost 200 roms now, weirdly the main offenders are: Bubble Bobble (all revisions), except the 2013 boot which runs perfectly. Bubble Bobble II, except the early Japanese revision which works perfectly. Bubble Memories: all revisions, and weirdest of all Hyper SF2, although Japanese revision 3.70 (I think) works perfectly. Seems very strange, especially when the resolution of the game and the switchres resolution for Bubble Bobble, for example, are the same across all game revisions.

LazyAce

• Offline Offline
« Reply #737 on: May 21, 2018, 01:10:51 pm »
Sadly didn't fix it, made the image stretch and go weird is all.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #738 on: May 21, 2018, 01:17:19 pm »

Add "aspect 4:3", that'll fix stretching. But I'm curious to know if the speed/sound is still broken.
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

LazyAce

• Offline Offline
« Reply #739 on: May 21, 2018, 01:56:28 pm »

Add "aspect 4:3", that'll fix stretching. But I'm curious to know if the speed/sound is still broken.

Sound/speed issue still present I'm afraid.

LazyAce

• Offline Offline
« Reply #740 on: May 21, 2018, 03:12:42 pm »
Okay so I rolled back to an earlier MAME version and everything seems good. I'm having one other minor issue. When I display any Namco vert game, Pacman, Galaga etc. on a horizontal screen I get he bottom portion of the screen crushed and a weird heavy white line at the bottom shimmering slightly. All other vert games are perfect from old to new. Is there some issue with the Namco resolutions that I can alter? Thanks

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:26:56 pm by LazyAce »

jtslade

• Offline Offline
SOLVED:: Re: GroovyArcade live-CD New Release 2018
« Reply #741 on: May 23, 2018, 11:43:59 am »
Solved this.. related to dot clock min settings. Also I'm a dumb ass as I forgot to set my flip X and Flip Y settings in rotation mam.ini section so that all my games display correctly. So dumb..

I'm Running GA 2017 and it seems like all games run horizontal double resolution? When I show info its commonly 544 x 240p ? I'll post pics tonight...

Also I guess I'll need to get a new rom of DigDug as it crashes..

No matter what I do the loading nag screen will flash on screen for a second.. Very strange.. I'm running atract mode. Again I post a video and my mame.ini file.

Also I can't get the on screen TAB menu to rotate so that its correct on my Vertically mounted 4:3 CRT monitor..

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:59:23 pm by jtslade »

jtslade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #742 on: May 31, 2018, 12:57:20 pm »

At what point does dot clock min start changing the native resolution (horizontal) on games.. When I run at 8.0 all the game show in Switchres at double... Just wondering.. TY

kimikat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2018, 09:09:38 am
« Reply #743 on: June 10, 2018, 05:50:22 pm »
Hi all :)

I have a strange issue when installing Groovyarcade (the 2018 edition)

Once installation is done and once i reboot the computer i get an error message:

Firmware bug: TSC Deadline disabled due to errata; please update microcode to version: 0xb2 (or later)

You are in emergency mode....

Tried to google the above error but couldnt get anything.

Sorry if this is something stupid but can anyone help or point me in the right direction to solve this issue ?

Thank you and sorry for the trouble...

Kimikat.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 03:20:27 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #744 on: June 11, 2018, 02:47:06 am »
Usually it's too old hardware. Try updating motherboard BIOS.
I'm not too familiar with Linux but You might as well also install new microcode sudo apt-get install intel-microcode

kimikat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2018, 09:09:38 am
« Reply #745 on: June 12, 2018, 09:07:26 am »
Hi there :)

Updating worked indeed.

So i now managed to properly boot into groovyarcade.

I now face another issue bouh ouh ouh.

I have my computer plugged to a crt using the umsa.

This setup is what i used to run windows 7 plus groovymame and crt emudriver.(ati graphic card)

So when i setup groovy arcade for use on my crt installation goes fine, reboot then when the distro boots up i can see the splashscreen (the blue screen with the arcade cabinet logo) on my crt which i(i believe) means that 15khz is applied however after the loading is done my screen turns black, i hear the sound from the front end but no picture.

I can see that my crt is receiving a signal as the "av1" logo is wavy.

I tried to plug the computer back to the lcd monitor i used for initial setup wondering if the frontend was 31khz however black screen there too.

Anyone faced this issue ?

Apologies for the trouble :(

Kimikat.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:10:19 am by kimikat »

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 03:20:27 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #746 on: June 12, 2018, 09:22:55 am »
Usually it means linux set 31Khz or 15 kHz mode but with frequency that is not supported (ie 55 Hz) by monitor. Sadly I don't know how to force certain resolution in linux.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #747 on: June 12, 2018, 04:40:32 pm »
Anyone faced this issue ?

Try picking another output when booting from the live-cd (either VGA-* or DVI-*, it depends).

Or if you're sure you're picking the right output, try pressing escape after boot, and see what happens.
Steps to create a log:

Spudlikkr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2019, 08:01:17 pm
« Reply #748 on: June 12, 2018, 10:41:13 pm »
Hey y'all. I'm new to this, and I'm trying to install GA 18 on an old, new computer.   I can't get the system to recognize the iso on my USB, and it seems the USB guide link at the beginning of this thread is dead.  Is there a file I need? Is this information elsewhere?
Thx

Spudlikkr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2019, 08:01:17 pm
« Reply #749 on: June 13, 2018, 08:59:27 pm »

marcoabm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2018, 11:22:49 am
« Reply #750 on: June 14, 2018, 11:22:49 am »
Hello everybody! I was able to install the 2018 version using an eago monitor, it was great, but I'm not finding a way to make my usb joysticks work, only keyboard is working. I tried to access the ReJoystick but nothing happens ...

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #751 on: June 19, 2018, 01:54:03 pm »
Hello everybody! I was able to install the 2018 version using an eago monitor, it was great, but I'm not finding a way to make my usb joysticks work, only keyboard is working.

That's the problem with Linux. If joysticks, wifi, etc. work out of the box, congratulations! If they don't, then you can probably work it out but you're on your own. If you're having troubles, switch to Windows.
Steps to create a log:

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 08:12:05 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #752 on: July 03, 2018, 12:13:22 pm »
Hi all,

I've got GroovyArcade running great, but with one issue.  I have 2 x TurboTwist2 spinners but groovymame can't seem to see them.  They work fine on the desktop, they move the mousepointer fine.  But when re-assigning controls in groovymame (using TAB key) it doesn't recognise the spinner movement at all.

I've tried editing the mame.ini setting "mouse 1" and also trying the multi mouse option and setting paddle and dial controls to "mouse" (they defaulted to lightpen) but no luck. The spinners work in desktop, but not in groovymame.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #753 on: July 03, 2018, 04:36:13 pm »
Trying some more... In the groovyarcade menus, If I switch the window manager to ldxe, then start it, and I run groovymame from command line, the spinners work and come up as "Mouse 1 X" and "Mouse 1 Y".

If I boot straight into Attractmode after setting it as the frontend, the spinners are not recognised.

EDIT:  I can't seem to write to a log file from Attractmode as setting groovymame's command line to: -

-v [name] >[name].txt

from within attractmode causes the rom to not even load :(
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:29:08 pm by Jimbo »

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #754 on: July 04, 2018, 04:30:54 am »
OK, it seems to be something AttractMode is doing.  Running AttractMode from within LDXE desktop has the same problems.  Running groovymame directly from a terminal in LDXE works no problem.

b4nd1t0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 04:11:22 am
    • b4nd1t0's repository
« Reply #755 on: July 31, 2018, 06:30:24 am »
Jimbo, have you tried with the new version of attractmode?

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2018, 07:38:47 am »
Hi, thanks for the reply. No, I've not tried the new version yet - but I will do when I get back from holiday!

I'm even more convinced it's Attractmode now, since there are no problems with Mame recognising the spinners when launched from any other frontend (AdvmenuPLUS, Wahcade, etc) included on the GroovyArcade install.  It's only when launched from Attractmode that Mame can't recognise the spinners.

safx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2019, 05:42:23 am
« Reply #757 on: August 07, 2018, 10:01:00 am »
Hi there,

A couple of simple but very important questions for me :

- Can i upgrade GroovyMame to a recent version on a GroovyArcade 2013 instalation ? I have a working GroovyArcade from 2013 working on my cabinet and would prefer to replace a few files if possible, instead of making a whole new instalation of GroovyArcade 2018 . If yes how to ?

- Can the GoovyArcade 2018 Live CD be installed on a OLD pc  ( 32 bit non-uefi ) ? Can i make a USB installation like the 2013 version?

Thanks a lot !

tombo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2018, 09:04:29 pm
  • GROOVY IS KEY
« Reply #758 on: August 27, 2018, 08:21:56 pm »
I have to agree with the above poster! Please, having a foolproof upgrade guide for Groovy Arcade Linux 2013 -> 2018 that works with on-board tools and a Stick would be so useful and should be made sticky on this thread.

Further please post your working h/w choice and configuration of any Bluetooth USB stick that reliably works with two PS3 controllers for simultaneous 2 player action (yes I own a cocktail table ;-) On Mac setting this up through the "General Input" Tab-menu in MAME was a breeze, wonder if Groovy 2018 can duplicate that? Let's make that sticky too.
CRT + GROOVY MAME = REAL ARCADE FEELING

terranigma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2019, 04:03:17 am
« Reply #759 on: September 01, 2018, 07:46:26 pm »
@ves , If you consider, Alpine Linux has mame packages with GroovyMAME/No-nag pathes applied on official testing repo with all flavors (mame, mame-arcade, mame-mess). Alpine Linux is a very compact Linux distro which is going to be a perfect suit for a dedicated Arcade Liinux distribution like ArcadeOS. Alpine supports arm, arm64, x86, x86_64, ppc64le and s390x architectures.

I'm using EmulationStation + gbz35 theme + mame-arcade on Alpine Linux. This combination is perfect fit for CRT.

https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/packages?name=mame-arcade&branch=edge