Software Support > GroovyMAME

GroovyArcade live-CD 2020

<< < (2/226) > >>

Calamity:
OK so here is a step by step tutorial for installing Groovy Arcade to an USB pendrive:

http://code.google.com/p/groovyarcade/wiki/USB_installation?ts=1361834820&updated=USB_installation

This is meant for Windows users who already have a working Windows-based system and don't want to touch it. It's written for Windows users with no experience on Linux.

Now there's no excuse. Just grab an 8 GB pendrive and give Groovy Arcade a try.

mamenewb100:
I tested out the new Groovy Arcade. Best crystal clear full screen graphics I've ever seen on my CRT. To think I spent all this time trying to perfect the picture in windows.
Sadly I still have the head scratching problem of the trackball not working right. I'll just switch to windows when I want to play Golden Tee.

Improvements: My other pc that has an NVIDIA GTS 250 works now, when it didn't in the last version. Internet connection now works wonderful. Didn't notice any sound issues. All the games ran smooth and even noticed that NFL blitz is nearly playable, when it ran at a turtles pace in windows. Also the plus of not needing to worry about modelines since Linux can do any on the fly.

Some people are also claiming you should be able to double the refresh rate of 15Khz resolutions to get native res on 31 Khz if your video card can do low res. Is this true?

You guys really improved over the last GroovyArcade and deserve allot of credit for spending so long trying to get it right. Some donations may be in order. Well done!

Calamity:
Hi mamenewb100, thanks for your comments.

--- Quote from: mamenewb100 on February 26, 2013, 01:42:08 am ---Some people are also claiming you should be able to double the refresh rate of 15Khz resolutions to get native res on 31 Khz if your video card can do low res. Is this true?

--- End quote ---

This is already possible, but be aware that the fact that your monitor supports 31 kHz horizontal frequency doesn't necessarily imply that it supports 120 Hz vertical frequency.

Here is how you would be setup GM for this (starting from the "arcade_31" presets):

crt_range0 31400-31500, 100.00-125.00, 0.940, 3.770, 1.890, 0.349, 0.064, 1.017, 0, 0, 200, 256, 0, 0
crt_range1 31400-31500, 49.50-65.00, 0.940, 3.770, 1.890, 0.349, 0.064, 1.017, 0, 0, 384, 480, 0, 0

As you see, crt_range0 takes resolutions from 200 to 256 lines and scales the frequency by two in the range of 100-125 Hz. This will produce real hardware scanlines for low resolutions at 31 kHz, but your monitor needs to support 120 Hz.

ves:
Thank you guys!!!!

lettuce, GroovyArcade its possible to use as multisystem,hyperspin is not supported on Linux, its not necessary, AdvmenuPlus or Wahacade are really good.

mamenewb100, I haven't got a trackball to test it, you could try to configure mame with these options, or publish a video to try to help you? What is the model of trackball?

--- Quote ---mouse                     1
multimouse                0 or 1
trackball_device          mouse
mouse_device             mouse

If trackball works like a joystick, try this.

joystick                  1
lightgun                 0
trackball_device          joystick
--- End quote ---

mamenewb100:
The only real downer is not being able to use scanlines. I understand that hlsl is Direct3d only(I think?). My only question would be how come only LCD gets the options of scanlines and not CRT? I understand it sounds silly to add them on a CRT that already had them. But it makes a difference on 31K monitors. Did it require more work and code to add them to CRTs or was it just assumed that noone would need them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version